Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Why didn't I get the 250 Mount Achiev?

Edit: I got it to pop when I logged into an alt warlock I had on my account. Thanks so much for the help!

I have wanted the Green Fire Hawk since I played the beta for WoD. If you look at my achievement tab under collections-mounts I was sitting at 248 mounts I needed 2. I got a deal yesterday on the Depleted Kyparium Rocket bought it and learned the mount. I then ran Utgarde Pinnacle and finally the Blue Proto Drake dropped for me. I learned it and waited for my achievement to ding! Nothing-sigh. I logged off and logged back on-nothing.. I logged out for the night and back in and still nothing. By my counts that should have been mounts 249 and 250. How come I didn't get the achievement? Is there another place I need to look for an actual real mount count?

I am super disappointed. I thought I was so close and I thought the collections tab was giving me the correct count. Now I have no idea how many mounts I really have and how many more I really need.

Has anyone had this happen or can you explain why I didn't get the achievement?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Narina; 2017-02-13 at 02:50 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Certain mounts, like profession mounts do not count.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    You need to be able to use all mounts on single character, so if you are alliance and have 3 horde only mounts then you need to get another 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Believe Class mounts are also not included.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Thank you! I guess I am off to farm more mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Narina View Post
    Thank you! I guess I am off to farm more mounts.
    What class are you? And do you have any DK or Lock?

As was already said, you need to be able to use all 250 on the same character for it to count.

I did the trick when I had 299 mounts on my main (priest). Just relogged to my alt DK, and got the achievement.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

LOL just wanted to update. I just logged into a lvl 43 Warlock alt that I never play and the achievement popped. I had logged into 4 chars prior to her so I am guessing the class mounts do count. Thank you very much for your help I am now a happy camper with my Green Fire Hawk.

Deleted
    Class and profession mounts do count, but as said above, it has to be one single character that can use xx mounts for it to count towards the achievements. Crossfaction mounts unfortunately doesn't count, otherwise it would be so much easier

Quote Originally Posted by Narina View Post
    LOL just wanted to update. I just logged into a lvl 43 Warlock alt that I never play and the achievement popped. I had logged into 4 chars prior to her so I am guessing the class mounts do count. Thank you very much for your help I am now a happy camper with my Green Fire Hawk.
    Yep, they count as long as the character you're on can use them. Profession mounts are the same way, so for instance if you have 4 Tailoring mounts, they would only be counted when you logged onto your character with the tailoring skill to ride them.

Some of the above posters appear to be mistaken. Both class mounts and profession mounts count, but the achievement will always list the highest amount of mounts usable by any single character (with profession mounts counting regardless of being usable).

The only class with 3 class mounts available is paladin (assuming you've got the Argent Charger), so try logging into a paladin, warlock or DK and see if you get the achievement. Even if you don't, it should update the achievement to reflect the correct amount of mounts available on whichever character has the most available
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Which profession mount are you referring to? All profession mounts I have counted for the mount achievements. Since all you have to do is change profession the mount is considered learned but currently not usable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tural View Post
    Yep, they count as long as the character you're on can use them. Profession mounts are the same way, so for instance if you have 4 Tailoring mounts, they would only be counted when you logged onto your character with the tailoring skill to ride them.
    This can't be true. As I have all tailoring mounts I would have gotten the achievement on my main, but I had to log to a non tailor char (DK) to get the achivement.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    This can't be true. As I have all tailoring mounts I would have gotten the achievement on my main, but I had to log to a non tailor char (DK) to get the achivement.
    This is the same for me. I have all of the engineering, leatherworking and tailoring mounts. The char that I logged into to get the achievement to pop had non of those professions and can use none of the profession mounts. When I logged into the chars that can use the mounts the achievement did not pop for it. It took logging into a char with class mounts that my other chars can't use. So it seems to count all profession mounts for all chars but only class mounts for the classes that can use them, hence the reason I had to log on to my warlock to get the achievement to pop.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromade View Post
    Which profession mount are you referring to? All profession mounts I have counted for the mount achievements. Since all you have to do is change profession the mount is considered learned but currently not usable.
    Stuff like The Hog, Flying Carpets, the LW wolf etc.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Stuff like The Hog, Flying Carpets, the LW wolf etc.
    They 100% count for your total count, even if you can't ride them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    Like Mymori said they 100% do count. Back when I needed the 250 achieve and were a couple short I actually leveled tailoring specifically for it; all the carpets counted for me. Same with the engi mounts, LW, etc.

You probably got it on your DK because of its class mount(s), which do not count on your non-DKs.

Your armory is probably the easiest way to check the correct # of mounts you have for the achievement (and you can see the profession mounts are included there), aside from the Lord of the reins achievement itself in game, since the mount collection tab counts both alliance & horde.
    Last edited by Lupen202; 2017-02-13 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupen202 View Post
    You probably got it on your DK because of its class mount(s), which do not count on your non-DKs.
    Well, thanks for trying to clear this up I guess.
    But my post was just proving the one I quoted that what he said wasn't true.

My original post to this thread, was this exact thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Class and profession mounts do count, but as said above, it has to be one single character that can use xx mounts for it to count towards the achievements. Crossfaction mounts unfortunately doesn't count, otherwise it would be so much easier

Yes, profession mounts DO count and they DO count on characters that don't have the professions.

I've tested this myself

10+ Year Old Account
    A mount should jsut be a mount. Regardless of what or who can ride it. Yes that means we will get 36 new mounts once everyone gets their class mounts ... but it is still a mount. Keep it simple.

Add new Achievements for 350, 400, 450 to compensate.

relog and the mount will be in your collection