Deleted

Talking Building a Friends computer, need help with a build

Hello,

Looking for a bit of help with a PC build for a friend of mine, i will be building it

Budget - £650/750
    Resolution - the best i could get for him really.. See which games he wants to play
    Games / Settings Desired - CS-GO, Possibly WoW, Overwatch
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) - No
    Country - UK
    Parts that can be reused - None, Fresh Build
    Do you need an OS? Yes
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? - Just a monitor really, got mouse, keyboard and maybe headset.

If anyone could help me id very much appreciate it

Thank you
    Aaron

The best advice is to wait about 15 more days to see prices/performance of AMD Ryzen thats coming out/already appearing at shops soonish and see from there.

You might build something better/save some money that way.If you are in a rush someone else can build something for you, 750 pounds can make a decent machine easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    The best advice is to wait about 15 more days to see prices/performance of AMD Ryzen thats coming out/already appearing at shops soonish and see from there.

You might build something better/save some money that way.If you are in a rush someone else can build something for you, 750 pounds can make a decent machine easily.
    potis is 100% correct. The way Ryzen is shaping up you'll get a lot more bang for your CPU buck waiting 2 weeks. If for whatever reason he isn't willing to wait:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-7100 3.9GHz Dual-Core Processor (£114.00 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-K Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£64.44 @ Ebuyer)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory (£55.00 @ Aria PC)
    Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£44.90 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£42.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card (£225.72 @ CCL Computers)
    Case: Thermaltake Versa H23 ATX Mid Tower Case (£26.48 @ Aria PC)
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£58.95 @ Amazon UK)
    Monitor: Asus VP228TE 21.5" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor (£86.99 @ CCL Computers)
    Other: Windows 10 key from Kinguin (£27.64)
    Total: £747.10
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-13 20:24 GMT+0000
    The attached build will crush the games you listed at 1080p / ultra.*

*Typical WoW is poorly optimized and you'll never get 60 FPS 100% of the time comments.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    potis is 100% correct. The way Ryzen is shaping up you'll get a lot more bang for your CPU buck waiting 2 weeks. If for whatever reason he isn't willing to wait:

The attached build will crush the games you listed at 1080p / ultra.*

*Typical WoW is poorly optimized and you'll never get 60 FPS 100% of the time comments.
    Thanks for the suggestion! the Ryzen CPU, would that be compatible with all of this? or will i need to get a rebuild?

Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azza125 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion! the Ryzen CPU, would that be compatible with all of this? or will i need to get a rebuild?

Thank you!
    The posted build above would at the least need a new motherboard as they aren't interchangeable. Everything else is universal and should swap into an AMD build just fine.

Deleted
    Hello Guys, Now that Ryzen is out and i have a strict budget of £750, i might be able to get that to not include a monitor, can anyone think of a better build than the ones above now?

Really appreciate it!

10+ Year Old Account
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Motherboard: ASRock - A320M-DGS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£51.22 @ Alza)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory (£62.09 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Sandisk - SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£48.93 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£41.88 @ Aria PC)
    Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR OC Video Card (£229.99 @ CCL Computers)
    Case: BitFenix - Nova ATX Mid Tower Case (£28.86 @ Aria PC)
    Power Supply: EVGA - 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£58.50 @ Aria PC)
    Monitor: Asus - VP228TE 21.5" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor (£79.99 @ CCL Computers)
    Other: Windows 10 key from Kinguin (£27.64)
    Total: £779.09
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-02 04:42 BST+0100

Here would be an updated build with the Ryzen. 20 quid over the £750 but does include the monitor. This rig will last for years and will ultra 1080p any game currently on the market at good frame rates.

If you end up having 750, not including the monitor, you can upgrade:

Ryzen R5 1400 to a Ryzen R5 1600. (Will give you two more CPU cores.)

Increase your ram speed. (Ryzen like fast ram.)

Get an EVGA Supernova G3 550w PSU. (Fully modular so will look better plus a top of the line PSU period.)

A cable mod LED strip to bling out your case interior. (Because lights bitches.)
    Last edited by ovm33; 2017-06-02 at 03:51 AM.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.