Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Do any of you still use your Kinect?

Hello champions! Good to see you.

So, I don't have an XONE, but I did have Xbox 360 with Kinect (It came included). While I loved the kinect for what it was, soon I left it to collect dust.

Owners of the XONE: Do you still have ANY USE for your kinect? If yes, what use?

Owned 2 XB1's and each time didn't own a Kinect.

I personally wouldn't use it because I find it pointless.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I never owned a kinect, but the only time I've ever used it was for Dance Central, which was about the only valuable usage of it in my opinion.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest complaint is that you can't program voice macros. I like the idea of being able to say "Xbox ON" and have it power up, it would be even cooler if I could say something like "Hello Jarvis" and get the same result.

I never bought one because it seemed like wasted potential.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never bought an Xbox One because the original one had mandatory kinnect.

Microsoft really fucked up with that one. I went from AVID (like several hours every day) console gamer and subscribing to Xbox Live for the better part of a decade to probably never buying one of their consoles again.

I am in a wheelchair and one of their support guys on their forum (back during Xbox One's launch) told me there wouldn't be much I could do with kinnect from a seated position besides voice commands. And back then the kinnect being mandatory, and their first E3 with Xbox One showcasing so many things that used kinnect (like features in games that used kinnect, not just kinnect games), I assumed it would be forced for most games... So I never bought one and swapped over to a gaming PC and now I have no interest in ever buying another console.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-02-13 at 10:10 PM.

I think i used it for the main menu twice and then sold it, at least it came with a bundle. I can't believe how many folks i know fell for the "xbox....scan!" bunkum and bought one day one. That snake oil put no mans sky to shame and was the start of a series of bad decisions that saw the xbox brand go from the top dog to something where i cannot tell you any exclusives for 2017 beyond halo wars anymore. It all started with "you are the controller, mcdonalds!"
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-02-14 at 12:18 AM.