Deleted

Chronomatic Anomaly Mythic

It's a boss everyone refers to as one of the freebies, top guilds are even one shotting it, but we seem to have hit a brick wall, so people are getting really discouraged.

We're up to 36 wipes, 20 last raid, with mostly wiping at the same place, between 4th and 5th minute, when 4th wave of adds spawn. I know out DPS is not the best, and many guilds kill the boss by this time, while we are at around 20-30%, but I see decent amount of logs where people do it in 6-7 minutes.

During the tries we've tried everything that we could come up with: 4 healers, 5 healers, lust on different times, different group splits, focusing one add, trying to bring both down...

The main problem is that we cannot understand out what are we doing wrong. Here are the logs from the last raid, any ideas?

REDACTED
    Last edited by mmoc485edc1e5f; 2017-11-19 at 05:16 AM.

My guild is 100% in the same boat as yours. Super discouraged hearing how easy it is in comparison to others, and how much we're struggling. We've tried the even split, just sending tank/heals/dps warriors, and tonight I'm worried that if we don't kill it, we're going to have some super bummed folks. Can't post links yet, but our logs are here -- reports/QZt4mcTgMwBzLpJd#view=analytical

If you're struggling on Anomaly, you will not kill anything past Trillax anytime soon. Only advice I can give is to send a small group to interrupt last add while rest of the raid blows up the other.

the way our guild overcame it, we were at 38 wipes when we killed it.

we took the first overwhelming to 10 stacks.

when the 2nd set of adds spwned we had group 2/4 go to left, 1/3 to right.

we had the boss at his starting position the entire fight. we had our mobile dps grab the orb to interupt chrono as soon as possible for the 2nd overwhelming. and then we interupted again with the 2nd orb at 10 stacks again. just before 3rd set of adds spwned, and then we split the groups 2/4 1/3 again .

you may be able to push further with this.

how many 4 sets does your guild have?

on our first attempts we had like 10 Completed 4 sets, when we killed it we had 17.

might help if you run a few normal bosses and heroic bosses, and get your raiders to Coin only tier bosses instead of saving them for a Mythic Kill.

just as a side note, Trilliax is a joke compared to Anomoaly.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    we took the first overwhelming to 10 stacks.

when the 2nd set of adds spwned we had group 2/4 go to left, 1/3 to right.

we had the boss at his starting position the entire fight. we had our mobile dps grab the orb to interupt chrono as soon as possible for the 2nd overwhelming. and then we interupted again with the 2nd orb at 10 stacks again.
    Overwhelming 1: 10
    2: 0
    3: 10
    ?

You much have resto druids to have healing CDs up that soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Retributive View Post
    Overwhelming 1: 10
    2: 0
    3: 10
    ?

You much have resto druids to have healing CDs up that soon?
    as the third one is during slow time it seemed easier to manage for us.
    we had a shaman a disc priest 1 holy pally and a Druid. we spaced our cds out, we had 2 demon hunters for the first, and on the third they were able to darkness again, mitigating 2 of the damage outputs from overwhelming.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    We struggled with this boss much more than we should have ourselves.

Some things that we found for our comp:

1. Our major chokepoint is when the 3rd set of adds spawn during slow and he starts casting PO immediately. We had to stress aggressive personal usage and healing CDs to break through. We then personally killed him as the 4th set of adds spawned. It seems that add spawns become far more aggressive at this point and judging by the DPS requirements of bosses after Chrono I feel that you are probably expected to be able to down him around this point.

2. We originally spent a lot of time 4 healing, this was partially because we didn't have 5 healers on our first night and cause there's a pretty mixed split of guilds who 4 heal or 5 heal it. We found that 4 healing only really works if you are able to kill him at/before the above choke point, unless your healers/CD use is solid. We probably could have 4 healed it with the execution on our kill, but 5 healing just seemed to make things smoother.

3. We originally tried sitting on as many POs as possible thinking that it would delay the PO that he casts at the chokepoint, we wasted a lot of time with this until we realised that the timing wasn't changing. Instead, we sit on POs that happen during fast/neutral for DPS, and interrupt slow POs much sooner to cycle out of slow faster. This is one of the biggest ways to minmax the fight - the more time you spend in fast and have people utilising their CDs during it the faster you'll down it.

4. Lust/Hero: We pretty much all agreed in the end that we should use it on pull to maximise DPS during a time where mechanics are easy and all raiders are on the boss with their pots and CDs. Lusting during fast is also a bit of a waste due to GCD floors.

5. We tried a number of raid split solutions, but found that sending 1 tank, 3 bursty interrupt ranged and 1 healer to the off-add, and having melee cleave-bang the boss/main add down together worked wonders. If ranged were falling behind mobile melee would go over to finish it off but this usually wasn't a problem.

6. People really have to work on not getting hit by orbs or swirls, it's a huge source of shitty damage that is easy for people to be slack on.

The trick to this boss is delay as much as you can interrupting the fast / normal time phase while interrupting the slow one immediately. Arranging how many healers you use and in which order they organize healer cds (and other raid cds like commanding shout / personal damage reduction cds from people / healthstones / health pots etc.) for the optimal coverage is a matter of every guild checking what works best for the classes they have.

Also first 2 sets of adds you can do even split but drag boss to one side so people can cleave while sending the most mobile dps to the other side. On 3rd set of adds you can try bursting 1 add while ignoring the other and then trying to nuke boss, if you take too much damage from the other add you can send 1 tank 1 healer (pref shaman cuz they have interrupt, if you have pally tank they have 2 interrupts cuz avenger's shield so that's a plus as well) to the other side to reduce a bit the number of casts. Just be sure the tank is back before the other gets to 10 stacks even if that means abandoning the alive add.

If you have a lot of healers and you struggle on 4th adds instead of 3rd you can try to move that "burst 1 add then ignore other with just an interrupter on it" to 4th set and see how that works.

My guild settled on 4 healer strat so ofc we had to cut the beneficial phases shorter because we had less cds at out disposal.

So our strat was: 1st channel is during fast time so we keep it until 8 stacks with healer cds pre-arranged. Second is slow time, break immediately. 3rd I see we broke on 2 in the logs, healers don't have their cds yet. 4th is normal time but we delay it until 3-4 stacks depending on health of the people after 3 stacks (if they aren't full hp just break it instead of risking deaths), 5th break asap, you will take some damage as he starts channeling early and you're slowed so takes time to kill add. 6th add we ignored and bursted boss, otherwise we weren't making it.

But we had 4 healers only so you might need to modify it for your number of healers.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-02-14 at 02:05 AM.

looks like you're lacking classes to just delete the adds, and you're instantly on the boss, no frost dks, no ele shamans, no arcane mages, you'll need these to even attempt spellblade mythic unless u like to make a tough fight tougher.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AfterHoursBoneyards View Post
    My guild is 100% in the same boat as yours. Super discouraged hearing how easy it is in comparison to others, and how much we're struggling. We've tried the even split, just sending tank/heals/dps warriors, and tonight I'm worried that if we don't kill it, we're going to have some super bummed folks. Can't post links yet, but our logs are here -- reports/QZt4mcTgMwBzLpJd#view=analytical
    yeh i've no idea how an ele shaman can pull those numbers, i'm around 900k dps always first in the fight, for a start he's running ascendance on a lightning rod fight, fish for lightning rod procs on the boss as the add is about to die, adds a second away from dying, 4 adds spawn, stormkeeper, 3 chain lightnings HUGE fucking dps, including a ton of boss damage.

if he's not sure what level 100 talent to play tell him, to check WCL see what most elemental shamans are running for talents so he doesn't turn up last on dps when he should be top 3.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2017-02-14 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    4. Lust/Hero: We pretty much all agreed in the end that we should use it on pull to maximise DPS during a time where mechanics are easy and all raiders are on the boss with their pots and CDs. Lusting during fast is also a bit of a waste due to GCD floors.
    Yeah, that, we lust on pull as everyone has their pre-pot and openers ready and no one is dead yet. :P And yeah during fast phase some people might get gcd locked or not being able to utilize the extra apm due to latency (since not everyone has perfect ping).

Deleted
    10 stacks is not really an option for us, as we lack any DR CDs... Our DH's and resto shaman have quit and disc priest's PC is not good enough to use in NH >_> So even 8th stack sometimes results in deaths, 9th happened only once (by mistake) and killed a third of the raid. Chilling on the second add and cleaving it down does sound interesting, as we always focused it down first.

Quote Originally Posted by AfterHoursBoneyards View Post
    Contrary to the OP, you are running 4 healers but 2 shamans that can abuse spirit link, not sure why you wouldn't be able to hold off 1st interrupt a bit more, we were using link last and were going to 8 stacks mostly safely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    10 stacks is not really an option for us, as we lack any DR CDs... Our DH's and resto shaman have quit and disc priest's PC is not good enough to use in NH >_> So even 8th stack sometimes results in deaths, 9th happened only once (by mistake) and killed a third of the raid. Chilling on the second add and cleaving it down does sound interesting, as we always focused it down first.
    Well if you can't hold off interrupts too long for whatever reason I don't see a point running 6 healers, would be a point if the amount of cds they provide would allow you to drag beneficial phases more.

Also why palas can't use devo aura + aura mastery? Isn't that a dmg reduction cooldown? I took a glance at buffs and I saw aura of sacrifice & mercy but no devo.

P.S. I also don't understand why commanding shout from your warrior isn't used until very, very late into the fight. He should be able to get 2 off in a 5min+ fight.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-02-14 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    It's a boss everyone refers to as one of the freebies, top guilds are even one shotting it, but we seem to have hit a brick wall, so people are getting really discouraged.

We're up to 36 wipes, 20 last raid, with mostly wiping at the same place, between 4th and 5th minute, when 4th wave of adds spawn. I know out DPS is not the best, and many guilds kill the boss by this time, while we are at around 20-30%, but I see decent amount of logs where people do it in 6-7 minutes.

During the tries we've tried everything that we could come up with: 4 healers, 5 healers, lust on different times, different group splits, focusing one add, trying to bring both down...

The main problem is that we cannot understand out what are we doing wrong. Here are the logs from the last raid, any ideas?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ulty=5&wipes=1
    We had some attempts one night towards the end of our raid time, on our last raid night. The next week, we one-shot him (unfortunately WP shows two attempts from resetting him for Hero). It's really not a mechanically difficult fight, it doesn't get any easier. It's just a big check for both your healers and DPS. Every week that goes by will make it easier because of the additional gear. We also had quite a few people with Vantus Runes, which I think definitely helped. We made sure that at least our top DPS used them, among some others. The slight reduction to overall damage taken doesn't hurt, either.

The first time the adds spawn, the boss is brought to the left-side and the adds are cleaved down with the boss still as the primary DPS target. Some of us (including both Demon Hunters, which helps the other side die quickly) go to burn the other side, before going back to meet the left side. Any adds that are still up continue to be passively cleaved down.

Then we stack, nuke, AOE heal. On the next add, I believe we do the same thing - at some point, we ignore one and nuke the boss. I believe it's the third time? It could be the second, but pretty sure it's the third. Proper use of healing/raid cooldowns is crucial, we relied on everything from major CDs to Darkness (which can actually contribute a fair amount). If you're wiping because people just start falling over dead, you need to make sure that everybody is stacked as much as possible and that your healers are properly coordinating CDs.

Honestly, the amount of wipes you have is high. It leads me to believe you're either just doing the fight wrong or simply need more gear (or for people to play better with the gear they have). I can't check your logs right now to give you specifics, but I'm sure others in this thread have/will.

Trilliax is sort of the opposite afterwards. It's not really that hard in terms of DPS or massive and constant raid-wide healing (moreso healing specific targets, but still for decent amounts of damage) but is more mechanically challenging. Overall, though, it should still be a pretty easy fight as long as you're all grabbing cakes and don't have people ignoring them because "somebody else will get it". It took us a few attempts to really understand the fact that you need pretty much *everybody* grabbing them, even the melee that don't want to lose precious DPS (ie me )