Deleted

HELP! my off tank druid can't hold aggro (logs and armory included)

Greetings everyone, i hope to find a solution to a problem that's been hindering our progression in the Nighthold.

I'm a DK tank and whenever i find myself tanking with my partner druid i really have to focus on NOT taking the boss away from him because if i use my normal rotation i often draw the aggro off him and in fights where this is particularly important it causes lots of unnecessary healing pressure/wipes.

I tried to slow down but being my main mechanic the "self healing" if i slow down too much i become too much of a burden, in my opinion, to my healers and i'd like to avoid that.

Now, i tried to read some guides and spoke with my fellow druid tank but i can't seem to find what's really the problem.
    I'm posting the links to his armory and our most recent log on Nighthold hoping that someone could tell us what's wrong.

(being a new member i can't post the full links so had to cut the beginning of the links, the armory is on EU)

Armory: battle.net/wow/it/character/pozzo-delleternita/Mellory/advanced
    Log: warcraftlogs.com/reports/GXWKfzL6NhF8g7YA#fight=14

I thank you all in advance for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by TerrorSwag17 View Post
    Greetings everyone, i hope to find a solution to a problem that's been hindering our progression in the Nighthold.

I'm a DK tank and whenever i find myself tanking with my partner druid i really have to focus on NOT taking the boss away from him because if i use my normal rotation i often draw the aggro off him and in fights where this is particularly important it causes lots of unnecessary healing pressure/wipes.

I tried to slow down but being my main mechanic the "self healing" if i slow down too much i become too much of a burden, in my opinion, to my healers and i'd like to avoid that.

Now, i tried to read some guides and spoke with my fellow druid tank but i can't seem to find what's really the problem.
    I'm posting the links to his armory and our most recent log on Nighthold hoping that someone could tell us what's wrong.

(being a new member i can't post the full links so had to cut the beginning of the links, the armory is on EU)

Armory: battle.net/wow/it/character/pozzo-delleternita/Mellory/advanced
    Log: warcraftlogs.com/reports/GXWKfzL6NhF8g7YA#fight=14

I thank you all in advance for the help.
    I didn't do a deep dive into it but three things that stand out immediately. Swipe is his #2 damage ability, he's spamming it way too much. Swipe is the absolute last priority in a single target rotation for druids. This leads into my next 2 points - he needs to hit thrash and mangle on CD pretty much - he only got 43 of each out out on your trilliax kill, for example. With a 6 sec base CD on both abilities, with 0 haste you can theoretically get 10 thrashes/mangles per minute, so theoretically he'd have about 82-83 of each on your 8:21 trilliax kill. He's doing half that. Obviously you'll never hit that theoretical 10 mangles 10 thrashes per minute but there's a lot of room for improvement. I looked at our last trilliax heroic kill and with a kill time of 5:29 I got out 50 mangles and 49 thrashes for reference. (with very little haste - think I have like 5% in typical gear)

TLDR:
    he hits swipe too much. mangle and thrash take priority over swipe.

Deleted
    thank you very much for the initial info
    even if you didn't dive deep into the matter that's already a nice improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed - Too much Swipe. Swipe is the lowest prio for damage - Thrash easily has 2x its damage/threat generation for AoE, and Mangle is 3x. So he can increase his damage, and thus threat output by at least 50%. Whats more, this will also allow him to increase his uptime on his defensives, Ironfur or Mark, thus resulting in less overall healing needed on him, allowing the healers to concentrate more on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

His trinkets are shit for druids. Tell him to use stat stick trinkets or the good kara dps ones. He misses Satyr neck enchant. Biggest mistake is not using Rage of the Sleeper after he taunts the boss from you the first time. That is the single spot he needs to pressure hard, after the next swap you both have so much thread on the boss that reaching 110% is pretty much impossible, if he doesn't stop casting for half a minute. His Moonfire and Mangle proc usage can be better. Krosus is 80% magic damage and he didn't cast a single Mark of Ursol
    Last edited by morchel; 2017-02-14 at 01:30 AM.