Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mythic Tichondrius

Hey!

We just killed Krosus Mythic and in the spare time before the end of the raid we decided to go do Tichondrius Mythic. Only a few of us watched kill videos and a few others read quick tactics on the wowhead mythic guide.

Overall we spend 3 hours arguing and changing tactic every 2-3 attempts. From what we could see in the videos and log analysis there are 3 ways to do this:

1. Have 2-3 people soak the breath then die and ress(with priest cloak , ank or battle ress) so you get rid of the debuff. How would you go about doing this? Do people wait 10 mins for cooldowns on cloak or 20 for ank? This does not seem viable or consistent.

2. Have tank1-rogue1-tank2-rogue2 soak the stacks meaning they get
    tank1- 2 stacks
    rogue1 - 4 stacks

3. Soak properly - meaning we assign pairs of debuff-undebuffed ppl to trade debuffs.

Somehow I think we are missing something and I think the best strategy is actually a mix between all of the above.Meaning we do method 2 at the beginning placing 2 stacks then 4 stacks on people - then we properly soak - then we let someone die.

How do you guys do it? Is there a guide or a video to best help me understand tactics? Any help will be appreciated since we would like to progress this next week. Until then I will analyzing some more kill videos and checking out log replays - hopefully I will come up with a simple cohesive strategy until Wednesday so we have a start,.

We haven't killed him yet but soaking partners would probably work best. Idea: Just have unplagued and plagued people seek each other out in 1:1 pairs dynamically (without any rigid setup) immeidately after new plagues get put down (because of tichs plague cast, or his wave cast). just let poeple walk near each other at first, and after a couple of secs lets have plagued people who havent found a partner call out that they need one. Since there is quite a lot of time between each of these casts this shouldn't be a problem.

If you pre-spread the raid throughout the entire room this would make it easier for other mechanics as well. There's no need for a left/right division like in normal/HC. in terms of number of buffs it should work out as well.

they run out after 30 seconds, so tichondrius starts with 2, then they get duplicated from soaking -> 4. then tichondrius casts 3 (he switches 2->3->2 etc.) ->7, then before the next cast, the first debuffs should run out, so theres only 5 left. here duplicated means 10 plagues. now before the next cast 2 will run out, so there will be 8. then he will cast plague -> 10. then the buffs from the second plague cast should run out -> 7. now soaking there will be 14 marked, then he casts plague again -> 17. then he does wave again.

at this point you can line up in one line and have one soaker sacrifice/get rezzed, or you can split up into multiple lines and have 3-4 people with immunities soak. and after that he should soon disappear into the night. if you don't go for the sacrifice strat, at this point the soakers will have a ton of stacks and strat should be about keeping them alive. I think you can use healing cooldowns here, by placing the soakers somewhere with a lot of people and using spirit link/disc bubble, etc.

what do you think?

No just do tank->tank->rogue->rogue or tank->tank->rogue->tank with externals if you only have one rogue. No need to complicated it even further.

We did tank1- tank2- dh1 - dh1 (ress with ank totem). On subsequent p1 rogue soak the 4th. Using the proper strat is just a bad idea, there are 0 reasons to not use any kind of soaking strat.

Quote Originally Posted by stolker View Post
    what do you think?
    Doing it this way increases the healing requirement for the fight by a lot since you have loads more dots and seeker swarms going out

we did tank tank rogue tank

with a bear and a monk tank bear took 1st and 4th

Can paladin do the same with bear? like 1st breath using CD then 4th use Divine shield // BOP

Immunities don't prevent dot stacks do they? Do you just have a rogue soak everything and have healers spam heal them for 40 seconds?

Thank you all for your replies. We will try to do:

Soak1: Druid tank
    Soak2: Rogue
    Soak3: Druid tank
    Soak4: Rogue2
    While we spam heal the targets soaking. I will let you know how it goes.

And you are right, immunites dont prevent the stacks, they just prevent the initial damage of soaking the people. The dot stays on you for the rest of the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by stolker View Post
    Immunities don't prevent dot stacks do they? Do you just have a rogue soak everything and have healers spam heal them for 40 seconds?
    Yes, reason rogues is good for soaking is because they can faint for the whole duration of the dot.

Deleted
    We just use tanks and rogues with shaman ankh totems.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    we did tank tank rogue tank

with a bear and a monk tank bear took 1st and 4th
    Do you know what cd's are lined up on the tanks, especially with the bear taking 1 and 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Chewtoy View Post
    Do you know what cd's are lined up on the tanks, especially with the bear taking 1 and 4?

he doesnt need any ext CDs afaik, just pops his own for it.
    and if he happens to take too much from the dot he asks for an external but that's random really

Quote Originally Posted by ralgal View Post
    Thank you all for your replies. We will try to do:

Soak1: Druid tank
    Soak2: Rogue
    Soak3: Druid tank
    Soak4: Rogue2
    While we spam heal the targets soaking. I will let you know how it goes.

And you are right, immunites dont prevent the stacks, they just prevent the initial damage of soaking the people. The dot stays on you for the rest of the duration.
    Remember to have the rogues spam feint 24/7 when they're affected by the dot.

Can you guys share HPS numbers (overall, and effective on the dotted targets) for your kills?

Hey,

We finally killed this last night. It is quite easy once you learn the timers and execute it correctly.
    We did the following thing with soaking:

1st Soak -> DH 2 stacks (or 3 maximinum if he is one of the initial plagued persons)
    2nd Soak -> Same DH 4 stacks -> he instantly dies and we use totem to resurect him
    3rd soak -> Rogue 2 stacks (or 3 if he was debuffed initialy)
    4th soak -> DK tank taking 4 stacks
    ----- Bat phase
    Repeat
    We tried to sacrifice our holy priest instead of the DH in the 2nd phase 2nd soak, so she could have used the ress legendary and that didn't go very well

Healing comp we went as:
    - pala
    -druid
    -shaman
    -holy priest

We exploded the green circles by splitting into 2 even groups and exploding them hugging the outer walls so just 1 group was taking damage. In the last phase (after 2nd bat phase) we did not explode anymore.

Here is our log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...tical&fight=16

We do not have a rogue but we have two DH, two pallies, a bear tank, and a warrior tank. Is it possible to cheese this strat without a rogue? I see people saying DH soak, do they just use meta orrrr what exactly lets a DH cheese it? Sorry for the dumb question We are trying to get a rogue but you know how it goes.

DH's use Netherwalk I guess.

We use tanks and rogues, thats the most ideal setup if you have the comp for it.

DH's use Netherwalk. They'll still take more damage then a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    We do not have a rogue but we have two DH, two pallies, a bear tank, and a warrior tank. Is it possible to cheese this strat without a rogue? I see people saying DH soak, do they just use meta orrrr what exactly lets a DH cheese it? Sorry for the dumb question We are trying to get a rogue but you know how it goes.
    1st soak is the least amount of stacks so DH or Pally could do it and have one healer spam heal him.

I don't know too much about tanks in Legion but could the Bear soak 2 and 4 and the prot war soak 3?