Thread: Ed/oi/ie

Ed/oi/ie

So i've got all 3, first three and only legos so far on my boomie (flame away). I'd like to ask under which circumstances do i swap out the default ED/IE with OI and if if i do swap, which one do i swap out for OI because right now OI sounds like a better choice for cleaving intensive fights. Really unsure about OI as i've been playing mostly with ED and IE this whole time and now OI is in the picture, i'd like to explore my options more thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by sinofasin View Post
    So i've got all 3, first three and only legos so far on my boomie (flame away). I'd like to ask under which circumstances do i swap out the default ED/IE with OI and if if i do swap, which one do i swap out for OI because right now OI sounds like a better choice for cleaving intensive fights. Really unsure about OI as i've been playing mostly with ED and IE this whole time and now OI is in the picture, i'd like to explore my options more thoroughly.
    Hi!

Personally. If I had the choice (which I don't because my legendaries are Prydaz, ED and Boots) I would go ED/IFE on Krosus and Trilliax, Mythic Star Augur and Mythic Botanist. Other than that, I'd run OI/IFE.

The general idea is ED/IE on Single target and IE/OI when there is cleave to do for starfall proc.

It also depends on the fight length, if it's not long enough to get an extra use out of Incarnation/CA then IFE isn't doing anything for you and the int increase from the 940 helm would serve you better.

how should the play style be then if i run OI/IE? i am so foreign to OI now that i've gotten it i'm at lost lol

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    It also depends on the fight length, if it's not long enough to get an extra use out of Incarnation/CA then IFE isn't doing anything for you and the int increase from the 940 helm would serve you better.
    This. I see Nagura mostly using ED/OI on AoE fights where we go hybrid spec

10+ Year Old Account
    how should the play style be then if i run OI/IE? i am so foreign to OI now that i've gotten it i'm at lost lol
    You might get freecasts of Starfall when casting Starsurge, and freecast of surge when casting starfall.
    You should use these procs immediately, as long as it won't cap you on Empowerments (Surge) and ideally doesn't overlap another starfall, unless the mobs will die quicker than the duration of 2 starfalls.

However, if you have fairly high AP when the proc comes in, dropping another starfall won't hurt anything, the only downside is that the empowerments doesn't stack. You will still melt whatever is inside your shiny circle of doom.

One super-tip however is to never cast another starsurge if you have starfall proc, and vice versa.
    I've had several occasions where the proc gives more procs, so maximising these procs is extremely helpful.

(Also, congrats on having the 3 leggies we actually want. I have OI and the chest... Only. I've played fairly actively since release.)

I just saw gebuz's talent build
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...aa!2122102!eZX

in which situation would we choose SS in that tier alongside with the other constants?

When there are 2+ targets up for >20-30% of the fight

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    This. I see Nagura mostly using ED/OI on AoE fights where we go hybrid spec
    I don't think she has IFE...