Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethris View Post
    Why was my post deleted?
    No idea. I deleted my reply to it which shouldn't impact your original post at all. Maybe a glitch?

maybe they should redefine their skillset to the needs of the workforce instead of making angsty videos and uploading them to youtube if they cant find jobs
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneras View Post
    Lets be honest, both sides are guilty. People watching the Democratic primaries thought they were watching an honest attempt to see which candidate their supporters wanted more when in reality it was rigged where Hillary was already going to win. She was passed debate questions prior to debates by fake news organizations and given veto/edit power on stories run on her by these same fake news organizations.

If they're so callous towards their own supporters to pretend that they actually matter by hosting a rigged election it begs the question what else are they being dishonest about.
    And you're just part of the problem. You list those things above as if they are the equivalent to what Trump and his team did. If you can't see the difference there is no helping you.

(and lol at your fake news claims - gotta love you Trumpers, you'll excuse anything - "grab em by the pussy!" and believe every lie you're told but the very news organizations attacking the real ones - and you don't even understand the difference)

He won because he played the Game of Thrones better then Hillary did, he said better lies (which is proven by people believing he will actually do stuff for them, eg in this video, that shes a pedo etc) and made Hillary look like the villain with more lies (like the emails constantly popping up even though they were proven to be nothing). I'm not saying Hillary would've done better because honestly she would've the same as every other politician, which is only caring about winning, I'm just saying Trump isn't going to do all the things the guy voted him for yet the fact that he actually believes he will is why Trump won the game of potus.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    That 60 year old tired worker should just pick himself up by his bootstraps and get re-educated, right?

You guys who are railing on the lower class workers who is losing their jobs, telling them to just get educated and go back to school is using exactly that, the bootstrap narrative without even realizing it.
    It's also ignoring a multitude of other factors in the middle of this.
    you can't stop progress, robots are coming most of our jobs, you can slow progress (and the gop has tried), but one side wants to prepare for the future and the other side not just ignores it but actively denies it.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Every candidate promises jobs. Clinton promised jobs. Clinton actually had a proposed system to bring jobs. They believed that Trump would bring back jobs because he said so.
    The thing with Trump was he promised to bring back things the way they where, coal mining, manufacturing etc.

Clinton made no such promises, she promised re-education and new opportunities, but that's a lot harder for people to swallow.

Now obviously Trumps promises are crap. Manufacturing as it was will never come back. Coal mining can once Trump suppresses the EPA enough but Coal will never be what it once was, which of course is a good thing, but people don't want to hear that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    maybe they should redefine their skillset to the needs of the workforce instead of making angsty videos and uploading them to youtube if they cant find jobs
    That is easy to say, but difficult to do.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    Yesterday, I hated you. Today I don't.

There was some reason to doubt that he could handle it, but there were other reasons not to in my mind. Honestly, a Presidency is a mysterious thing. It's a man surrounded by dozens of professionals in all areas telling him his options and giving their opinions to the best options. Sure, it's a lot of responsibility to be the deciding factor, but you have the best around you helping you make those decisions. I may not be a financial analyst, but I still have a 401k because a professional helps me out. A Presidency to me, is a lot like a CEO and let's be honest here, many on this forum think CEO's don't deserve their pay because it's people around them doing all the work.
    And the problem I have with your thought process on it isn't the actual process; it's how Trump has applied it. He has definitely not surrounded himself with the best people. He has even appointed people to positions that are openly hostile to the very departments they are heading. He has also shown a malevolence to those professionals who have the experience and know-how through years and years of experience. His war with the IC being a prime example.

Of course, that's to say nothing of the clearly obvious fact that he is absolute shit at comprehending issues and educating himself on those matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    No that's not at all what I'm saying. A 60 year old retired worker should be taken care of by the government that they worked and contributed towards. They paid their dues, so to speak. The younger generations... well yeah they still have the means to "re-educate" but what I'm really saying is we're heading towards a future where most menial jobs will be automated. What will we do then? Make automation illegal? It's never going to happen. We need to look into ways to take care of our people and not leave them out to starve because they can't work the higher end jobs.
    The same goes for the younger generations aswell.
    What about education costs? What about supporting their family while they get education? Thing simply aren't that simple in reality.

Of course automation is going to happen, and it's coming, but we should encourage the opposite, i have no qualms about forcing incentives and restrictions on businesses to encourage people over automation. There is still some drastic changes needed in western society overall before we can just bend over and accept that people lose their jobs left and right to automation, only to tell them to pick themselves up by their boostraps and just go and get some education in whatever, and Clinton sure as hell did not promise or show any signs of giving a shit about that, Trump did.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    you can't stop progress, robots are coming most of our jobs, you can slow progress (and the gop has tried), but one side wants to prepare for the future and the other side not just ignores it but actively denies it.

You don't prepare for the future by telling lower class workers to fuck themselves and get educated while ignoring everything from education costs to what these people actually want to work with, and everything between.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    No that's not at all what I'm saying. A 60 year old retired worker should be taken care of by the government that they worked and contributed towards. They paid their dues, so to speak. The younger generations... well yeah they still have the means to "re-educate" but what I'm really saying is we're heading towards a future where most menial jobs will be automated. What will we do then? Make automation illegal? It's never going to happen. We need to look into ways to take care of our people and not leave them out to starve because they can't work the higher end jobs.
    I had this conversation with a family member whos views tend to be on the more conservative side. I pointed out exactly the same thing, that lots of people are gonna be out out of work due to automation and we should probably look into some basic support system for those people. Her answer was basically that will make people lazy, entitlement culture, people wont know the value of hard work. She was family so i held my tongue but i told her politely as i could her views were backwards. Eliminating the need for menial and repetive labor without any creative or expressive aspect is brilliant. We would be living in fucking star trek if we could do this. Are these people.so backwards theyd go back to plowing by hand? Or how bout further back hunting with rocks? That this painfully regressive nonsense is taken as serious politicial thought, this romanticism is an absurdity that would make even your ancestors laugh. Can you imagine what you would look like to someone even 100 years ago? Think of all the advancement and innovation. Now of course since its all been sucked up by a fraction those dreams get dashed and people end up wanting what they get instead of getting what they want.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    He won because he played the Game of Thrones better then Hillary did, he said better lies (which is proven by people believing he will actually do stuff for them, eg in this video, that shes a pedo etc) and made Hillary look like the villain with more lies (like the emails constantly popping up even though they were proven to be nothing). I'm not saying Hillary would've done better because honestly she would've the same as every other politician, which is only caring about winning, I'm just saying Trump isn't going to do all the things the guy voted him for yet the fact that he actually believes he will is why Trump won the game of potus.
    Im not saying Trump will deliver. All im saying is he sold a dream, and people were desperate to buy it. That not all who support him did it because they hate muslims or black people or hispanic people. There are those who did it because he sold them the dream they want to live.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    And lol at affordable medicine, if they voting against healthcare, then that's a grave they are digging themselves I guess.
    I have to wonder what reality you live in, you didn't hear all the stories of working class people who could no longer afford healthcare under the Affordable Healthcare Act?

My parents went from paying 550 a month to paying nearly 1500 a month. Moreover, their coverage was crappier (6000 deductible and they only covered 60% afterwards). As much as Obama denied it, it's a tax. Your income directly affected your premiums and people who made a decent living are being forced to pay more so people who can't afford it can pay less or nothing at all. Which sounds good, I guess, until you realize that there are too many people who can't afford it and that caused the prices to go up too much to where many of the working class could no longer afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    That is easy to say, but difficult to do.
    There is no easy answer. As technology evolves in the modern world if people cant keep up they are going to be left behind.
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You list those things above as if they are the equivalent to what Trump and his team did. If you can't see the difference there is no helping you.
    Faking outrage and making assertions isn't a rational argument. If you want to make a rational argument try again.

imagine you are living on the "breadline". the breadline, by definiion, is being employed and earning enough to pay all monthly bills and barely having enough for food (ie: you can at best eat 1 meal/day). imagine that situation (i know you can't because you've never been there) and then think what you would do if you were giving a choice between things staying the same and the chance things might be different.

what would you choose?

that's why trump won.
    that's why brexit won.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    The same goes for the younger generations aswell.
    What about education costs? What about supporting their family while they get education? Thing simply aren't that simple in reality.

Of course automation is going to happen, and it's coming, but we should encourage the opposite, i have no qualms about forcing incentives and restrictions on businesses to encourage people over automation. There is still some drastic changes needed in western society overall before we can just bend over and accept that people lose their jobs left and right to automation, only to tell them to pick themselves up by their boostraps and just go and get some education in whatever, and Clinton sure as hell did not promise or show any signs of giving a shit about that, Trump did.
    I don't think the solution is to try and hamper progress. It'll just keep prolonging the inevitable until it gets really bad imo. I'd rather us look into systems like basic income already and start working towards that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I feel Trump pushed the job promise more than Clinton did.

When you're not limited by the truth you can say whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    I can't watch the video right now, but... what could be more important than everyone having equal rights?
    But people in America do have equal "rights". More so than any country in the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneras View Post
    Faking outrage and making assertions isn't a rational argument. If you want to make a rational argument try again.

Why? Trump made no rational arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I had this conversation with a family member whos views tend to be on the more conservative side. I pointed out exactly the same thing, that lots of people are gonna be out out of work due to automation and we should probably look into some basic support system for those people. Her answer was basically that will make people lazy, entitlement culture, people wont know the value of hard work. She was family so i held my tongue but i told her politely as i could her views were backwards. Eliminating the need for menial and repetive labor without any creative or expressive aspect is brilliant. We would be living in fucking star trek if we could do this. Are these people.so backwards theyd go back to plowing by hand? Or how bout further back hunting with rocks? That this painfully regressive nonsense is taken as serious politicial thought, this romanticism is an absurdity that would make even your ancestors laugh. Can you imagine what you would look like to someone even 100 years ago? Think of all the advancement and innovation. Now of course since its all been sucked up by a fraction those dreams get dashed and people end up wanting what they get instead of getting what they want.
    People are too quick to say humans will go mad without work. Sure some will be lazy sobs and be content to live at the lowest possible level imaginable but most people will find the means to give their life purpose and contribute in some fashion.