Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Disc priest in higher myth+

Greetings guys,

first oft all english is not my native language so PLZ be Kind and ignore some faults.

Im playing a priest and honestly i always loved him. I want honest answers to this topic and maybe some help. I am doin a lot oft myth + instances. I always played disc in Legion and thats where my AP went to and its the only specc i have legendaries. My equipped ilvl is somewhere between 893 and 896. i only play in random grps .

I started healing in heroics equipped myself slowly in Myths 1-5 afterwards 6-9 and so on. Now i only do 11-15.

I find myself nearly always switching to holy ( although weak relics and only 35 traits and no holy legs) because i find myself carrying even very stupid groups through this kind of content. In myth 13-15 AS a disc i feel Like i couldnt carry those grps even with perfect play CD using.
    Holy just has freakin strong CDs. Well disc has Barrier which is awesome but yeah well its Kind of a dilemma for me because i love disc.

Well the advantage of damage the disc provids isnt there rly i can easily sustain 100-150k DPS AS holy too in a run just by spamming holy nova and healing with instant casts.

Im a little depressed. Someone feeling the same?

Dont tell me to read guides i know them all... And dont forget i just do random Myth.

Have a nice day.

PS : i know that its mandatory to know where and when which kind of damage happens AS disc. I know all Myths by heart and did rly a lot of all the different ones.i dont spam Penance when its off CD i use it when i need it.
    Last edited by mmocda5c2d0fcd; 2017-02-15 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharryk View Post
    Greetings guys,

first oft all english is not my native language so PLZ be Kind and ignore some faults.

Im playing a priest and honestly i always loved him. I want honest answers to this topic and maybe some help. I am doin a lot oft myth + instances. I always played disc in Legion and thats where my AP went to and its the only specc i have legendaries. My equipped ilvl is somewhere between 893 and 896. i only play in random grps .

I started healing in heroics equipped myself slowly in Myths 1-5 afterwards 6-9 and so on. Now i only do 11-15.

I find myself nearly always switching to holy ( although weak relics and only 35 traits and no holy legs) because i find myself carrying even very stupid groups through this kind of content. In myth 13-15 i feel Like i couldnt carry those grps even with perfect play CD using.
    Holy just has freakin strong CDs. Well disc has Barrier which is awesome but yeah well its Kind of a dilemma for me because i love disc.

Well the advantage oft damage the disc provids isnt there rly i can easily sustain 100-150k DPS AS holy too in a run just by spamming holy nova and healing with instant casts.

Im a little depressed. Someone feeling the same?

Dont tell me to read guides i know them all... And dont forget i just do random Myth.

Have a nice day.

PS : i know that its mandatory to know where and when which Kind oft damage happens AS disc. I know all Mythos by heart and did rly a lot oft all the different ones.i dont spam Penance when its off CD i use it when i need it.
    People disagree on a lot of things about Discipline, but I think one thing everyone does agree on is that it is really bad at making up for other peoples' mistakes. If you're only doing mythic+'s with randoms there are going to be more mistakes. And yeah with Holy you just drop a Holy Word and the mistake vanishes.

Deleted
    Yeah thats exactly the point what makes me switch to holy and after the run still put my AP into disc weapon just because i love it and well just 2 traits left to finish it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    People disagree on a lot of things about Discipline, but I think one thing everyone does agree on is that it is really bad at making up for other peoples' mistakes. If you're only doing mythic+'s with randoms there are going to be more mistakes. And yeah with Holy you just drop a Holy Word and the mistake vanishes.
    Every one agrees with something that is fundamentally false? I mean disc wouldn't be able to make up for people's mistakes if sm+grace+tof didn't exist. But you know, it does.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    The only times I've had problems with people making mistakes is if they make mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake for 15 seconds straight. So I really don't agree with your statement at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    Every one agrees with something that is fundamentally false? I mean disc wouldn't be able to make up for people's mistakes if sm+grace+tof didn't exist. But you know, it does.
    True that this Combo can help if only one takes that damage but in serious oh shit situations u can only decide which member of your group u can save and who is going to die.

Ppl in random hrps always make mistakes constantly
    Last edited by mmocda5c2d0fcd; 2017-02-15 at 08:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    True that this Combo can help if only one takes that damage but in serious oh shit situations u can only decide which member of your group u can save and who is going to die.

Ppl in random hrps always make mistakes constantly
    And what magical button does holy have that will save two lives with one button? Their wonderheal serenity only hits 1 person, and then you're fucked for 30-60 seconds.

Regardless, it's a 1350+%sp heal per gcd. Few things can rival that in 5mans.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

So, how to play disc well in high mythic+?

Asking because I'm disc and interested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    And what magical button does holy have that will save two lives with one button? Their wonderheal serenity only hits 1 person, and then you're fucked for 30-60 seconds.

Regardless, it's a 1350+%sp heal per gcd. Few things can rival that in 5mans.
    Well flashheal with Mastery + Trail of light + instant procs is More effective in these Situations.
    Also there is Guardian spirit. Aoe holy word and the godlike Apotheose. I dont want to say disc sucks because i love to play it. It just has its problems with random grps it seems.

From time to time i Land in a full guild in higher Mythos than it feels Like you are actually playing another game. In these Situation im getting mad because i didnt trust Them at first and played the instance aS holy when disc would have been perfect for this run. Nevertheless after hundreds oft pug Myths holy felt muc easier to handle random grps even with worse eq than disc.

Just my feelings about status quo.
    Last edited by mmocda5c2d0fcd; 2017-02-16 at 05:28 PM.

I am around where you are at in progression though a little less. I'm at 885-887 depending on trinkets and doing 11-12 mythics hoping to push more soon. I run mostly regular guys but sometimes I do run with pugs. I have healed exclusively Disc.

Let me just say Disc has been difficult and you have to use all your abilities ALL the time particularly on hard trash pulls but I am sure you already know this. I do feel a large short coming has been the low scalability of our damage. This means atonement healing is becoming less and less viable in harder and harder content. It is kind of weird. At first we shadow mended a lot to get used to using atonement healing. Now on the other end we are back to shadow mending again because atonement healing isn't doing enough.

This week is really tough for Disc with volcanic. People hitting random damage that regularly take people from 100% to 50-40% is really rough. There are times I felt I cannot keep up with the healing and it is difficult to know if a different healer could have done something different or not.

One thing I need to see is our damage scaling better. Atonement healing I feel is just getting left behind. Then something needs to be done with applying atonement. You have very few options with applying atonement all of which take time. I often thought that Prayer of Mending was better suited for Disc healing kit than Holy mainly because it is a proactive spell that needed to be up prior to damage. If we could get that spell and have it apply atonement as it bounced from player to player that could be pretty good.

Updated:
    Another thing is that our Light's Wrath ability should have a shorter cast time. Too many times I'll have atonements up but just casting the damn spell just takes too long and people die. Sometimes myself included especially with Volcanic.
    Last edited by Revik; 2017-02-17 at 05:25 PM.

Deleted
    When i compare the +15 i healed as disc and the +15 as holy ( which are several More ) i have to say that it just felt like being 20% behind as disc.

Lights wrath should hit harder in 5 mans like other spells. Our damage should scale a bit better in my opinion and we need a New 100 Talent for shadow convenant. Because literally its just useless in RAID and 5mans. Its just good for pimping (senseless) HPS in lfr.
    Purge the Wicked should be baseline. Maybe give us holy fire for exchange AS Talent and let it spread Like purge. Honestly i think vampiric embrace also fits better to our kit than to sp's.( could be an awesome CD for us)
    Well but i dont think attonement needs a change. Maybe give us a cd to refresh attonement Like the pvptalent.

Honestly the pvptalents are more interesting than the pve ones. Im aware that RAID discs may not agree ( i dont RAID neither i do pvp).

Man this german autocorrect sucks when writing in english on a tablet.

Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Correction : A cd to Extend atonement not refresh it.
    Last edited by mmocda5c2d0fcd; 2017-02-17 at 07:27 PM.

Twist of fates.

You're welcome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flykz View Post
    Twist of fates.

You're welcome.
    Very qualified answer. Thanks master u solved all problems. The answer to all questions in the universe still remains 42.

When i compare the +15 i healed as disc and the +15 as holy ( which are several More ) i have to say that it just felt like being 20% behind as disc.

Lights wrath should hit harder in 5 mans like other spells. Our damage should scale a bit better in my opinion and we need a New 100 Talent for shadow convenant. Because literally its just useless in RAID and 5mans. Its just good for pimping (senseless) HPS in lfr.
    Purge the Wicked should be baseline. Maybe give us holy fire for exchange AS Talent and let it spread Like purge. Honestly i think vampiric embrace also fits better to our kit than to sp's.( could be an awesome CD for us)
    Well but i dont think attonement needs a change. Maybe give us a cd to refresh attonement Like the pvptalent.

Honestly the pvptalents are more interesting than the pve ones. Im aware that RAID discs may not agree ( i dont RAID neither i do pvp).

Man this german autocorrect sucks when writing in english on a tablet.

Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Correction : A cd to Extend atonement not refresh it.
    I can get behind this. The application or extending the atonement buff quality of life improvement is a necessity. I too like the PvP talents for Disc and quite enjoy playing Disc in PvP. I too agree that Light's Wrath is supposed to be our big group heal for Atonement and it doesn't quite cut it for 5 mans. Maybe for raids where you can boost it another 50-100% more percent in damage but in 5 mans it sucks.

Your suggestion about Vampiric Embrace is interesting but without more damage potential it would not suffice in its current form. Arch Angel IMO should be a baseline cooldown.

Deleted
    I healed a 17 eoa in time yesterday as disc. it was kinda fine, though eoa doesnt need all too much healing. I also dont raid at all (havent even seen nighthold from inside until 30 minutes ago), but I feel you. I got 44 traits in disc now, and though my holy has 35 and the weapon is 20ilvls below (908 disc 885 holy), it's way more easy to heal as holy because of the exact same reasons already mentioned: it's stressful to compensate for fails. I wouldn't agree though that holy is much better. I would just say that disc needs much more thinking and awareness to be on par, and for me, thats not worth it. if you truly love it so much, I'd say stick to it. I am leveling my holy weapon right now though :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    I can get behind this. The application or extending the atonement buff quality of life improvement is a necessity. I too like the PvP talents for Disc and quite enjoy playing Disc in PvP. I too agree that Light's Wrath is supposed to be our big group heal for Atonement and it doesn't quite cut it for 5 mans. Maybe for raids where you can boost it another 50-100% more percent in damage but in 5 mans it sucks.

Your suggestion about Vampiric Embrace is interesting but without more damage potential it would not suffice in its current form. Arch Angel IMO should be a baseline cooldown.
    Embrace rly would be underwhelming in his current state for us but with a rolling purge the wicked and a hypothetical( word exist in English?) holy fire spreading we would have decent constant healing and would still be able to add shadowmend healing when needed ( although probably without grace). It supports the HOT-like healing atonement is.

Maruh i love it because it reminds me of chloromancer somehow and dpsing to heal is fun for me somehow. Ofc i stick to it. When i join 11-13 i always play disc. But when it comes to 14 - 16 ( never healed above) i habe the internal conflict because its kind of gambling.
    Last edited by mmocda5c2d0fcd; 2017-02-17 at 09:55 PM.

Yeah, just twist of fate bc it's what people miss the more often, I won't extend on it, it has been discussed in another thread a lot already.

/threads/2156363-Discussion-Disc-Healing-Compared-To-Other-Healers-Comparison-Raiding-Mythic

Instead of giving useful informations about your playstyle, you say how bad it is compared to holy, or how the spec should be, so sorry if I do the same.

ToF is the key, though.
    Last edited by Flykz; 2017-02-17 at 09:53 PM.

Deleted
    I always skill tof above 12. Below i take PI for adding dps. And i never said its bad. U just lack in reading the posts pr my English fails to explain what i mean.

- - - Updated - - -

I always skill tof above 12. Below i take PI for adding dps. And i never said its bad. U just lack in reading the posts pr my English fails to explain what i mean.

What u wanna hear about my playstyle? Its not like there would be much room for seperating from others. Keep atonement on everyone. Usw penance when healing is needed. Mb lw and or barrier at heavy spread damage. SM when ppl get low. Smiting in between. Dotting everything that moves.

- - - Updated - - -

And ofc know every encounter by Heart.

its simple as this:

disc is a playstyle that is very veeery dependent on planing ahead and to "know whats happening next". its the opposite of a reactive playstyle. in myth+ you are 90% dependent on what others are doing. more detailed, you are dependent how the 4 other ppl react to the given afixxes. is a dps still standing in shit ? is the tank kiting correctly on necrotic ? and so on. you can plan a raid mechanic and predict what the raid will do in situation x, but you can not predict which of the 3 dps will get hard dmg in 5s in a m+ dungeon. so, "know whats happening next" is nearly impossible in myth+ dungeons. and thats the reason why disc sucks.

or in short: disc playstyle is the exact opposite what naturally happens in m+. reactive healing style is what is needed in m+, based on their nature. disc and m+ never will play well together. so, my advice: play holy in m+.

PS
    to be clear here: i do NOT say its impossible to heal m+ with disc (regardless keystone level). i just say, since disc and m+ will never be in harmony, you have to play twice as hard, to achieve the same result.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-02-17 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    its simple as this:

disc is a playstyle that is very veeery dependent on planing ahead and to "know whats happening next". its the opposite of a reactive playstyle. in myth+ you are 90% dependent on what others are doing. more detailed, you are dependent how the 4 other ppl react to the given afixxes. is a dps still standing in shit ? is the tank kiting correctly on necrotic ? and so on. you can plan a raid mechanic and predict what the raid will do in situation x, but you can not predict which of the 3 dps will get hard dmg in 5s in a m+ dungeon. so, "know whats happening next" is nearly impossible in myth+ dungeons. and thats the reason why disc sucks.

or in short: disc playstyle is the exact opposite what naturally happens in m+. reactive healing style is what is needed in m+, based on their nature. disc and m+ never will play well together. so, my advice: play holy in m+.

PS
    to be clear here: i do NOT say its impossible to heal m+ with disc (regardless keystone level). i just say, since disc and m+ will never be in harmony, you have to play twice as hard, to achieve the same result.
    Hey, can you describe an instance where you dont know what happens next?