Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Popokolara View Post
    Hey, can you describe an instance where you dont know what happens next?
    Arcway, with ghosts poppin' through doors ? (yeah saw it the other day, we were destroying a random ghost, then an other one appeared through a wall and my party did'nt see it at first, so it went pretty ugly. (We had necrotic on top of that, ofc !)

--

While it's true that in some m+ you don't know how your party will react, it's not true for high m+ because ppl are supposed to know how to play at this level, and the damage is predictable.

And I don't know why ppl think other healers have some skill that will save the day everytime, serenity is a 1min CD for holy, it's fuckin' huge and definitely not strong enough for +12-15.

Seriously, 1M3 crits with shadowmend for 1.1s cast is strong asf, only holy paladins may have as much burst healing as that. And they don't have PW:B, wich, properly used, is like another healer having 1M+ HPS. (with shadowfriend you get around 800k HPS under it, so with the damage reduction it's like above 1M HPS.)

But if you got 50% mastery, 20% haste and 12% crit, or something around that, I can totally understand why you find m+ difficult, because it will be.

And about penance, sometimes it's best to keep it until power of the dark side is up, especially if you don't have much to heal, penance with it is insane and should not be used to heal like 600k on the whole party, it's not worth, DoTs are here for that.

You have to learn to let your tank do his live on his own, too. Especially if he's a DK. You'll end up having atonement healing more, while doing damage, even if you party is doing shit.

And, above all, practice, learn, and practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    its simple as this:

disc is a playstyle that is very veeery dependent on planing ahead and to "know whats happening next". its the opposite of a reactive playstyle. in myth+ you are 90% dependent on what others are doing. more detailed, you are dependent how the 4 other ppl react to the given afixxes. is a dps still standing in shit ? is the tank kiting correctly on necrotic ? and so on. you can plan a raid mechanic and predict what the raid will do in situation x, but you can not predict which of the 3 dps will get hard dmg in 5s in a m+ dungeon. so, "know whats happening next" is nearly impossible in myth+ dungeons. and thats the reason why disc sucks.

or in short: disc playstyle is the exact opposite what naturally happens in m+. reactive healing style is what is needed in m+, based on their nature. disc and m+ never will play well together. so, my advice: play holy in m+.

PS
    to be clear here: i do NOT say its impossible to heal m+ with disc (regardless keystone level). i just say, since disc and m+ will never be in harmony, you have to play twice as hard, to achieve the same result.
    What is there to predict in M+, apart from certain boss mechanics, that you should know anyway (like last bosses in BRH and DHT)? Unlike raid, where it is so easy to fuck up you ramp up phase, it's not so hard to keep those 4-5 atonements up beforehand any time, and SM is your main reactive heal, as well as penance/mindbender/smite/Pain as reactive AoE heal.

since 2 posts disagreed to my post, and is totally ok (at least for me), i will reply:

first, as i said, i do not think disc CANT heal this instances/situations.

second: my oppinion is just, that raids are more predictable. you will know WHAT mechanic is comin and HOW this mechanic damages melees, or ranges, or where and how. on the other side, in a myth+ dungeon the mechanics are slightly easier and same predictable as in raids. but look at the videos, or test it by yourself. how good are you to predict WHEN 1 of the dps and WHICH one get high dmg ?

imo its totally unpredictive to say if 3 dps all drop to 70% in the next 5 seconds, or if 2 of them stay 100% while the other one drops to 20% in 2-3 seconds. its less unpredictable in non-pug groups, but overall, at least imo, way more unpredictable than incomin dmg in raids.

thats my exp and my oppinion. but just that. not more. and thats the solely reason why i think, overall based on the nature of disc healing, holy is better suited for m+ dungeons.

since 2 posts disagreed to my post, and is totally ok (at least for me), i will reply:

first, as i said, i do not think disc CANT heal this instances/situations.

second: my oppinion is just, that raids are more predictable. you will know WHAT mechanic is comin and HOW this mechanic damages melees, or ranges, or where and how. on the other side, in a myth+ dungeon the mechanics are slightly easier and same predictable as in raids. but look at the videos, or test it by yourself. how good are you to predict WHEN 1 of the dps and WHICH one get high dmg ?

imo its totally unpredictive to say if 3 dps all drop to 70% in the next 5 seconds, or if 2 of them stay 100% while the other one drops to 20% in 2-3 seconds. its less unpredictable in non-pug groups, but overall, at least imo, way more unpredictable than incomin dmg in raids.

thats my exp and my oppinion. but just that. not more. and thats the solely reason why i think, overall based on the nature of disc healing, holy is better suited for m+ dungeons.
    I understand what you are saying but i would like to ask again for an example of such a situation and how holy would have handled it better.

I understand what you are saying but i would like to ask again for an example of such a situation and how holy would have handled it better.
    At least Holy has a mastery which actually supports that playstyle.
    In higher mythic + disc mastery is utter crap since you will SM like crazy cause atonem,ent WONT keep people up

To my surprise disc is not that bad in higher difficulty than 10+ myth. But disc is not suitable in large amount of burst damage when you are not properly ready for it.

when you ask this question it NOT looks like you understand what i saying

there is no "situation" in terms of mechanic/moment abc in dungeon xyz. the situation i talk about is, when dps fail on afixxes (or do not perfectly handle them). this could and will always happen. there is no "point" where this will happen. thats the reason why its unpredictable.

its that easy: nowhere in a raid (besides some specific mythic raid situations) a single person could "not move", react wrong/slowly, etc. and drop down that heavy, like in m+. its way more squishy, and more focused to single chars than "raid drops". or you can look at it like this: m+ feels sometimes, for healing, like if you have 4 tanks. more single spiky targets, than a whole raid drop.

you cant predict if 3 guys drop to 75% over the next few seconds, or if 1 guy drop hard to 20%, two times in a row, while the other 2 guys stale at 100% life.

m+ is squishy. its unpredictable in terms of incoming dmg. so you are 80-90% of time dependend on reactive healing. and thats, sorry to say so, the strength of holy and the weakness of disc.

hopefully now its more clear, what i try to say.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-02-19 at 05:41 AM.

when you ask this question it NOT looks like you understand what i saying

there is no "situation" in terms of mechanic/moment abc in dungeon xyz. the situation i talk about is, when dps fail on afixxes (or do not perfectly handle them). this could and will always happen. there is no "point" where this will happen. thats the reason why its unpredictable.

its that easy: nowhere in a raid (besides some specific mythic raid situations) a single person could "not move", react wrong/slowly, etc. and drop down that heavy, like in m+. its way more squishy, and more focused to single chars than "raid drops". or you can look at it like this: m+ feels sometimes, for healing, like if you have 4 tanks. more single spiky targets, than a whole raid drop.

you cant predict if 3 guys drop to 75% over the next few seconds, or if 1 guy drop hard to 20%, two times in a row, while the other 2 guys stale at 100% life.

m+ is squishy. its unpredictable in terms of incoming dmg. so you are 80-90% of time dependend on reactive healing. and thats, sorry to say so, the strength of holy and the weakness of disc.

hopefully now its more clear, what i try to say.
    I honestly dont understand why with smend+tof+grace, as has been already mentionted, we have weak reactive healing. I mean you mention a general scenario, and predicting. The only reason disc is predictive in raids is because of atonement, In 5mans you ALWAYS have 5 atonements. I believe people have the perception disc is weak gameplay wise to mythic patterns, because it doesnt have cool or impressive concepts as in "you perform a miracle!", and because they are not used to the whole concept of having 2 ways to heal, atonement and smend, and yes often might make a wrong choice.
    Last edited by Popokolara; 2017-02-19 at 07:27 AM.

Regarding mastery, DoT + penance is strong asf, our pet is kinda broken with PW:B, so of course our mastery is useful in m+ !

Anticipation is not only about fights mechanics but also about "when can people go full retard ?", if you keep that in mind, there is no reason disc will be less useful than any other healer. But yeah, it's not easy. Threatening, even, if I may.

And yet you still do damages, on tyrannical we're godlike on some fights. (hey CoS, hey Xavius, hey Azshara)