Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The Mythic elisande stealth buff?

Was the boss really buffed. If so what extent?

EDIT - Well i guess patch notes are out for it now
    Last edited by mmoc343814da7d; 2017-02-17 at 02:15 AM.

What I understood is that it was a nerf overall , or better said a re-design. You can use 4 healers now. The boss overall has 2 bil less!?!?! hp and the damage of some of the abilities was buffed , so you are forced to use more healers I guess.

its more like ~157M less hp for each phase which is about 440M less hp for all phases (mythic ofc)
    its essentially same as star augur, redesigning to use more healers.

It has less health but a shit ton more outgoing damage. For the guilds that had already killed it with a 2 or 3 healer setup, they have to rethink their approach to the fight now. Shout out to all the homies that were mid-raid when it was ninja hotfixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Something documented in hotfixes is a stealth buff. That's interesting. To what you asked she now deals more damage however has lost 10% of her health. http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...s-february-16/

Quote Originally Posted by Drattz View Post
    Something documented in hotfixes is a stealth buff. That's interesting. To what you asked she now deals more damage however has lost 10% of her health. http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...s-february-16/
    It was a stealth buff when they did it The notes came out 24 hrs after the fact.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

"Whoops." -Blizzard's raid "balance" team

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    "Whoops." -Blizzard's raid "balance" team
    both SA and elissande have been obviously tuned with insane dps checks so the content wont fall over in a week and then nerfed after

it was 100% deliberate what they did

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    It was a stealth buff when they did it The notes came out 24 hrs after the fact.
    As almost always happens hotfixes go in and then we get documentation generally within the next 24 hours. I just feel it's jumping the gun calling it a stealth buff without giving them a grace period that fits a normal hotfix announcement. Fair enough though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drattz View Post
    As almost always happens hotfixes go in and then we get documentation generally within the next 24 hours. I just feel it's jumping the gun calling it a stealth buff without giving them a grace period that fits a normal hotfix announcement. Fair enough though.
    I mean they literally did it during prime raid hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    I mean they literally did it during prime raid hours.
    #PrimeRising

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, I'd like to give blizz credit and just say they realized that the enrage walls on some of these fights are quite ridiculous if top guilds are having to 2-3 heal to reach them, so nerfing the health and increasing the damage of mechanics to make it worth to take more healers to have a consistent number across all bosses makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodydemize View Post
    Idk, I'd like to give blizz credit and just say they realized that the enrage walls on some of these fights are quite ridiculous if top guilds are having to 2-3 heal to reach them, so nerfing the health and increasing the damage of mechanics to make it worth to take more healers to have a consistent number across all bosses makes sense.
    Agreed, I know it's not uncommon to drop a healer in progression if the DPS is *really* tight. But speaking as a healer, there's already very limited spots in a mythic raid and having to bench one or two more was becoming a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    both SA and elissande have been obviously tuned with insane dps checks so the content wont fall over in a week and then nerfed after

it was 100% deliberate what they did
    No, they were hotfixed so you would actually need healers to do those fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    No, they were hotfixed so you would actually need healers to do those fights.
    yeah, because blizzard intended them to be enormous dps cockblocks and the only way they could overcome it in first week gear was with 2 healers

This seems entirely by design.

The only way to challenge top guilds is to make ridiculous dps walls.

Now the top guilds are done, change it to be reasonable for the rest of the guilds.

It was not a really fun encounter design, especially for the healing team of each guild. You had these great 4-5 heal fights on all other bosses, with Krosus being 3 heal for the most part, and then you suddenly drop to 2 healers for the 2 hardest bosses before Gul'dan.

It was a major oversight at Blizzard, things like these should not happen.

Deleted
    they can create ridiculous dps walls while forcing 4 healers btw = D

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    It was not a really fun encounter design, especially for the healing team of each guild. You had these great 4-5 heal fights on all other bosses, with Krosus being 3 heal for the most part, and then you suddenly drop to 2 healers for the 2 hardest bosses before Gul'dan.

It was a major oversight at Blizzard, things like these should not happen.
    Well it wasn't a major oversight, since these things aren't tuned for much lower Gear levels. Yet since Progression Raiders have low gear levels their DPS checks generally require them to drop a healer or 2.

The average Mythic guild doing progression up to said point would've taken a few weeks and in that time gather Set Bonuses and ilvl increase which would add more damage, meaning they wouldn't be in such a tight spot for DPS checks as pro raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Well it wasn't a major oversight, since these things aren't tuned for much lower Gear levels. Yet since Progression Raiders have low gear levels their DPS checks generally require them to drop a healer or 2.
    Name one boss in the past 5 raid tiers where you had to drop 50% of your healing roster to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The average Mythic guild doing progression up to said point would've taken a few weeks and in that time gather Set Bonuses and ilvl increase which would add more damage, meaning they wouldn't be in such a tight spot for DPS checks as pro raiders.
    You seriously think anyone killing Elisande atm aint got set bonuses? :L :L :L