Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily object to an old Roosevelt style direct contact with the people thing. That isn't what this is about, though. It's about 2020. Unless you're going to say that Spicer is fake news as well, and it isn't a campaign event?
    Sure 2020 is also a part of his broader strategy. People have multiple goals, we cant assign it to just one thing like ego, publicity, vacationing, 2020, etc.

9-5 President. Sad!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just so we're clear:

Mitch McConnell said there would be no confirming a SCOTUS judge during an election year. He said it was following long tradition, which was a blatant lie of course, but he did cite Biden, so this is basically bipartisan.

Trump is now holding an official campaign event. That makes this an election year.

I expect the 4-4 court to remain until 2021. Unless McConnell is a raging hypocrite, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Sure 2020 is also a part of his broader strategy. People have multiple goals, we cant assign it to just one thing like ego, publicity, vacationing, 2020, etc.
    Your post is about as devoid of anything tangible or meaningful as the average Trump opening line.

Sure it isn't just about his Ego, publicity, vacationing, or 2020.

It's about all these things together. Well, probably not 2020. Kinda hard to talk about what you're going to do if you win a second term when you're only 30 days into your first.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Your post is about as devoid of anything tangible or meaningful as the average Trump opening line.
    Okay, did you have a specific argument? Yours was simply that it all comes down to 2020, which is no more true than saying Obama communicating in 2009 was solely for 2012.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He's still fucking talking about how many electoral college votes.

Crap like this is, why our future selfs will never get a proper movie about Trumps presidency. We will get a Dramedy about Sean Spicer and that one day he lost his sh-t.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    WAIT

WAIT

MELBOURNE FLORIDA??!? HOME OF INCREDIBLE PETS WITH ALL THE SLOTHS?!?

I need you to do something for me.

Go there and hug a sloth or six for me.

Also maybe some lemurs, but only the cute ones (that's all of them, so we're clear).
    I can do this and I'll PM you pictures haha. Incredible pets just relocated to a bigger location in the past 2 or 3 years
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Okay, did you have a specific argument? Yours was simply that it all comes down to 2020, which is no more true than saying Obama communicating in 2009 was solely for 2012.
    Campaigning is another word for distracting the news. It has nothing to do with 2020. They need to distract from all the shit that's going down with their Russian ties and various other scandals. So trump goes and says stupid things in a "campaign event" while the people who are really in charge try to clean up their mess. It's organizing a media blackout basically. Accept I don't think people will be as easily distracted this time.

Deleted
    Can we pls get more daily updates on your president I think everyone would like that.

Must be doing something right. His approval rating is at 55% as if today. Considering he lost the popular vote, he must be converting people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama wasn't explicitly labeling his communications in 2009 for his campaign in 2012. Again, I don't particularly mind Trump finding a way to communicate more directly with the American people, but this isn't about just keeping in touch with them, which for some reason you seem to think it is despite Spicer and Trump's own currently operational campaign website saying otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    Does the job really warrant 4 consecutive weekends at his vacation resort? Could he just not chill it in WH instead of creating such a huge expense on weekly basis?

I am sure he is charging secret service etc a very hefty rent for all the agents etc that needs room at mar a lago . I am sure it is part of the plan to fill those rooms at premium rates like 10000 dollars a night. Soon enough we will know the exact truth when he is gone from office which will happen sooner rather than later thats for sure. But him making shady deals to profit on them on the governments expense is perfectly inline with the scumbag businessman he has always been,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Must be doing something right. His approval rating is at 55% as if today. Considering he lost the popular vote, he must be converting people.
    Um.

Where do you see that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    Campaigning is another word for distracting the news. It has nothing to do with 2020. They need to distract from all the shit that's going down with their Russian ties and various other scandals. So trump goes and says stupid things in a "campaign event" while the people who are really in charge try to clean up their mess. It's organizing a media blackout basically. Accept I don't think people will be as easily distracted this time.
    At this point, I'm cynical enough about it to believe that no, he intends this to actually be a campaign event (with advisers and such heartily endorsing it for the reasons you've said) because the magic of the campaign trail and people rallying about chanting his name has been so thoroughly drowned with actually being the president.

According to whom?

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-to-39-percent

Because the latest Pew poll puts him at 39%

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Um.

Where do you see that?
    http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public...ez_track_feb16

Deleted
    According to Rasmussen. Pew Research Center poll has him at 39%, Reuters/Ipsos at 46% and Gallup at 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkypoe View Post
    According to Rasmussen. Pew Research Center poll has him at 39%, Reuters/Ipsos at 46% and Gallup at 40%.
    Hmm which is real? I wonder if any of them are.

Rasmussen is consistently at odds with everyone else. Take it with salt.