Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the mounts change depending on your spec. i've seen someone with the orange one, but he was too far from me and kept loading in and out, so i didn't try to inspect and see his spec.

the dev on twitter said that green fire wouldn't have anything to do with the mount colors, so i have no idea how you get the chaotic version. i assumed that the cursed would be affliction and the orange would be destro. but i have no idea.

hope they hurry up with the changes so i can do the quest to learn.
    no thats not how it works...

the green one is the base mount

the purple one is a drop off lord hecular (the demon we killed in vanila to get our dreadsteed) on the broken shore

and the red costs 10k order resources from calydus, after maxing your artifact
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by gar1234 View Post
    I mean, it's just the PTR. It's not like I spent the gold on my live character.
    how in the world did you find it on ptr? ptr never has anything worthwhile on the ah.

some kind souls handing it out?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    If it looked like a demon horse, you'd have a point but it does not. Whatever "story" or excuse they came up with to justify us getting a lousy, uncreative skeletal horse is irrelevant.
    uhh it is a demon horse though >_> what is your dictation on what is and isnt a demonic horse....

again we got the exact same mount but worse looking in vanilla... why is it all of a sudden "lazy" i love it, its super cool, its an updated dreadsteed that has much better armor and much better graphics, called the "wrathsteed"

please sir dictate what "is a demon"

well here lets play the demon trait game

k well, it has horns yes, it has scales yes, no bat wings, it has hooves yes, no fangs no, yes green skin, yes flame...

so weirdly it is more demon then a infernal, shivvara,void terror, satyr, fel orc,felblood elves, and mo'arg... and just as demon as illidan, oh my so they all must not be demons too if they are less "demony" then this non demon mount then

- - - Updated - - -

how in the world did you find it on ptr? ptr never has anything worthwhile on the ah.

some kind souls handing it out?
    yes, as you can copy over chars over and over ,i just borrowed a unbending potion, 1 pandemoite, and got a guildie to make me some demonsteel (for demonsteeel stirrups) then coppied over chars over and over till i had the mats

then got the steel made into stirrups, and gave the flask and gem back
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-19 at 12:20 AM.

Deleted
    Warlocks have always had demon horses, now we just get one that doesn't look like crap. As long as I can use the green version, I'm absolutely fine with this mount.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longinus View Post
    Warlocks have always had demon horses, now we just get one that doesn't look like crap. As long as I can use the green version, I'm absolutely fine with this mount.
    you can use any version you want

I don't know why I bother. My class is plagued with idiots who are content with the bare minimum.

I recorded the entire event for Youtube. It has commentary, so if you don't like that, sorry. Mute it or don't watch.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I recorded the entire event for Youtube. It has commentary, so if you don't like that, sorry. Mute it or don't watch.

Thanks for posting this dude=]

Deleted
    20 demonsteel bars, 5 pandemonite, and 3 unbending potions.
    To be honest that isn't really much.
    If you don't have guildies or friends who can help you and you don't want to buy them because for you that is a lot of money just create/use an alt.

You can create demonsteel bars early as blacksmith and since the best choice with it is mining you also get the ore which you can smelt/prospect.

I bet everyone has more than one 110/100 character so you can just go to dalaran learn mining/blacksmithing and start collecting the stuff no need to level up then you use another alt or unlearn a skill and learn jewelcrafting to prospect ore. It is some time you need to invest but then you save your money.

Nice video man thanks for that.

But haven't you mixed up at the end? I think of the color variations more like purple = demonology, orange = destruction and green = affliction.
    Last edited by mmocc301eba938; 2017-02-19 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no thats not how it works...

the green one is the base mount

the purple one is a drop off lord hecular (the demon we killed in vanila to get our dreadsteed) on the broken shore

and the red costs 10k order resources from calydus, after maxing your artifact
    For other classes, seemingly most, it does actually seem to work that way. For Mages, Warriors and Death Knights at least it definitely does change based on spec.

I think Blizzard must have been partway through changing the way the mounts are handled when this build went out. Which idea is actually intended is anyone's guess atm.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2017-02-19 at 07:41 PM.

They already announced changes, it will probably be the removal of the pandemonite.

10 demonsteel bars is nothing, at most 1.2k gold total (less than what you receive from a class hall gold quest).

The pandemonite was the truly ridiculous component, 30-45k total.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    They already announced changes, it will probably be the removal of the pandemonite.
    No
    10 demonsteel bars is nothing, at most 1.2k gold total (less than what you receive from a class hall gold quest).

The pandemonite was the truly ridiculous component, 30-45k total.
    How would that amount be ridiculous? If anything that seems cheap. The time it took to farm for special things like mounts back in vanilla and TBC was astronomical compared to now. 100k+ would be a closer comparison.

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Nithian View Post
    How would that amount be ridiculous? If anything that seems cheap. The time it took to farm for special things like mounts back in vanilla and TBC was astronomical compared to now. 100k+ would be a closer comparison.
    Because in Vanilla, the Warlock mount quest mats were cheaper than other classes just buying one off the vendor, if a bit more work. By comparison, the other classes have to pay zero for their 7.2 class mounts. So anything beyond a very nominal cost is more that what everyone else is paying, not less.

Edit: Hell...250-350k would actually be more accurate. Several months of farming/crafting were absolutely the norm back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Because in Vanilla, the Warlock mount quest mats were cheaper than other classes just buying one off the vendor, if a bit more work. By comparison, the other classes have to pay zero for their 7.2 class mounts. So anything beyond a very nominal cost is more that what everyone else is paying, not less.
    I did both the dreadsteed and the ritual of doom quests back then, as well as lol 40 and epic mounts on my rogue, I remember. Then flying in BC on 4 toons and the original druid flight form quests in BC

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Good for you, but this ain't Vanilla. The fact is none of the other classes have to pay large sums of gold for it, and quite honestly, fuck your nostalgia.

Vanilla was a vastly inferior game to what came after wotlk and onwards. Whoever craves Vanilla/BC does so because they haven't played them recently. Boring as shit gameplay, boring as shit progression systems.

Thanks for this, I've been trying to find a warlock video for some time.

I don't really mind the mount to be Dreadsteed, though I do have some minor gripes about the questline and the way the mount looks.

Firstly, the ritual seemed to be way too simplistic, and the player warlock way too overpowered. The ritual in Dire Maul used to be more engaging and immersive. Additionally, I don't understand why fel knights are using the felsteed model for their mounts - isn't it supposed to be just a regular horse corrupted by the Shadow Council members on Azeroth?

Secondly, I really don't dig the skeletal head and the rags of skin on its neck. The steed is supposed to be a living demonic being, even if modified compared to the regular ones. Also, unlike the old dreadsteed, it's body doesn't seem to be covered with scales. And it has fewer horns. Yeah.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the mount. I tend to enjoy the compact ones more, and I've been longing for a dreadsteed visual update for quite a while.

I really dislike the glowstick hooves/tail. They should be flaming/smoky.

I just would have preferred a modified Doomguard or some infernal mount or something.

I've had this mount for 12 years already. And every Warlock gets it automatically now at 40. Literally every Warlock at 110 has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Icemix View Post
    He probably didn't. All the people I've seen complaining about not having gold, haven't played in classic. They have no clue what it was like to be level 40 with 20 spells ranks not yet learned because you can't afford it and it costs like 100 times the silver you have in your bags or 2 months of doing every single daily quest to get that sweet 2k gold for flying in tbc
    Or doing daily quests before they gave you gold at all. Remember that?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Icemix View Post
    He probably didn't. All the people I've seen complaining about not having gold, haven't played in classic. They have no clue what it was like to be level 40 with 20 spells ranks not yet learned because you can't afford it and it costs like 100 times the silver you have in your bags or 2 months of doing every single daily quest to get that sweet 2k gold for flying in tbc
    Yup. I may or...may not have tried to play on a private classic server and even at level 10 I was missing 4 ranks of spells due to lack of money.

I forgot how shitty that was, and am incredibly glad that terrible system is gone.