Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The need to 3 chest

In the looking for group, every group wants to 3 chest instead of attempting to do the highest keystone level they can complete in time. What could Blizzard change so people actually tried to do the hardest content they can instead of trying to complete the content that is beneath them?

The reward has to be worth it, simple as that. When the reward is out of line with the effort/time invested, people are unlikely to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by the View Post
    In the looking for group, every group wants to 3 chest instead of attempting to do the highest keystone level they can complete in time. What could Blizzard change so people actually tried to do the hardest content they can instead of trying to complete the content that is beneath them?
    Are you asking why a group would want to maximize rewards rather than try to do something harder for potentially no gain? Seems pretty self-explanatory.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Because a lot of people are dumb enough to fall for things like "Dope ass DEEPPZZZ 3 chest 990 ilvl mythic raid leader tank" ads in the group finder. Then 90% of the time you find out it is just a carry group where you got 2-3 decent players and their useless friend that is getting dragged though.

The highest with any tangible reward is a 19 since it rewards a 15 for next week. Its also more likely to titanforge to a 900ish amount. The problem is having a capable group. I can 6-9 with any comp. I cant with a 17.

People want to do both. The issue is some people being okay with just finishing a difficulty and others thinking that same one should be 3 chested.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing, because people are shit and don't play this game for fun anymore they just play it for the digital rewards.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by vixien View Post
    The highest with any tangible reward is a 19 since it rewards a 15 for next week. Its also more likely to titanforge to a 900ish amount. The problem is having a capable group. I can 6-9 with any comp. I cant with a 17.
    Proof that keys higher than 15 are more likely to drop titanforged items?

Short of removing the whole multi-chest, probably nothing. But that would force people to "slow roll" keystones to not miss the "skipped" chests.

Anyway, first rule of pugs: everything needs to be overgeared to be done and even then, it still can fail.

At the moment, there is zero incentive to run anything above 15, also there is little reason to try to run your high key in a pug because there is no safefail for people frivolously depleting your key and no leaver penalty either for dicks who decide to drop mid-run because it isn't going as fast as they wanted.

Atm there's tons of risks for the keyholder and zero responsibility for people who sign up for groups, that creates rampant elitism (must have over 9000 ilvl, achiev and good wowprogress score / armory) and aversion to taking any extra risks.

The whole keystone system is rubbish imho. Keys are not working as a limiter to people for whom they should be (emergent world of boostcraft gameplay) and they work as a limiter for people for whom they shouldn't be (people trying to gear up new chars in m+ getting declined everywhere).

The solution in my opinion would be scrap the whole keystone system next expansion, allow people to make groups endlessly for any difficulty level they want, but make rewards diminishing in amounts if you try to nolife the system. For example make it a repeatable quest that completing 3 dungeons (could be different dungeons so people don't spam the same one) of a specific difficulty rewards you a chest, then make that next chest requires 6 dungeons and next one 9 and then you're done with that difficulty for the week. Numbers subject to tuning so people don't get loot either too fast or too slow.

But that would mean no one puts their keystone at stake or has to cherry pick keys for what they really want to run. People who just want the "best chest" run a few of high difficulty ones, people who gear up might want to diversify the different levels to max the number of chests.

Completing dungeons faster would be still more time efficient, but not contributing as tremendously to the number of items you can obtain.

There's also the issue of AP but Blizzard is already doing several changes so "maw spamming" isn't the only way to go around it and also next expansion Artifacts will be gone anyway.

Deleted
    They could give you a gem that you could try to upgrade at the end of the Mythic run if it was successful.You would have an increasing chance to upgrade the gem with every m+ level, however the higher the level of the gem, the higher the chance to fail the upgrade.

No idea where this is from.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are pugging though the group finder system, chances are you just want quick easy AP/gear. I cleared a +20 with my guild group but pug 3 chest farms when im alone or on an alt

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    They could give you a gem that you could try to upgrade at the end of the Mythic run if it was successful.You would have an increasing chance to upgrade the gem with every m+ level, however the higher the level of the gem, the higher the chance to fail the upgrade.

No idea where this is from.
    Hello Kitty Island Adventure?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Nothing, because people are shit and don't play this game for fun anymore they just play it for the digital rewards.
    Yes this is especially true in any form of pug content, people see eachother maybe once , from different realms, don't care about socials, and just loot fast loot fast loot now.

Deleted
    Because if you want to achieve the highest level possible, you only take people you know and trust. Such groups get filled with friends and/or guild mates, and not with people from the group finder.

This makes group finder biased. You only see people who want to farm, and they only invite overgeared people because that way you ensure the farm goes smooth.

Remove timers, make it a test of skill not speed. I hate timers, they act as a rushing mechanic and the second someone messes up everyone gets all pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Remove timers, make it a test of skill not speed. I hate timers, they act as a rushing mechanic and the second someone messes up everyone gets all pissed off.
    But how would you make it a test of skill? If you wipe it gets depleted?, gonna lead to the exact same thing only worse

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    The test of speed IS a test of skill. Remove the timer and any idiot can just bloodlust every trash pack that gives them trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    if I wasn't intending to get multiple chests in the dungeons I queue for I probably wouldn't go because it so slow farming an item from a specific dungeon.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

No point to go past +15 in terms of loot so its better to just 3 chest 15s.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    But how would you make it a test of skill? If you wipe it gets depleted?, gonna lead to the exact same thing only worse

Its hard enough to kill the mobs on a +15 but this only promotes asshole behavior and elitists. Make the time an optional like transmog gear or whatever like MoP for people who want to prove they can beat the timer and leave the rest a normal run. Have an option to set it at the beginning of the instance.

I'm saying no depletion or keys or timers. Be able to set any difficulty and do whatever you want up to the max you've done. Like Diablo. Timers only encourage this extremely toxic and elitist community to get worse and I don't do them anymore for that specific reason.