Poll: How many Bosses per Raid do you like?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Anything between 6-14.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like big raids like Ulduar and Throne of Thunder, so I guess 12+ raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    Well, they do LFR for the free gear. That's why everyone does it. Look at WoD LFR, which gave you gear appropriate for lfr difficulty. People cried bloody murder.
    And LFR raids barely learn. Join a lfr group and see how botanist trash goes. 90% of the time it's a dumpster fire.
    They don't do it for the challenge either, bc lfr has been tuned to have as little failure rate as possible, apart from 1 shot mechanics (only seen 2 so far in legion lfr), everything does inconsequential damage and can be summarily ignored.
    Yes i'm very aware of this. Most people do LFR to get free gear so they can move on to more difficult content. What i'm asking is what's the point of learning boss mechanics just to do LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Yes i'm very aware of this. Most people do LFR to get free gear so they can move on to more difficult content. What i'm asking is what's the point of learning boss mechanics just to do LFR?
    Most people don't move on to more difficult content, though. That was the intended design, yes, but the majority of people don't do "challenging" content.
    And what's the point of learning boss mechanics ever, if you "have fun as they come up"? LFR also does naught to prepare you to do the other difficulties, because of the way it's designed to have a slim to 0 chance of failure.

Depending on the amount of trash I'd say something around 9.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    Most people don't move on to more difficult content, though. That was the intended design, yes, but the majority of people don't do "challenging" content.
    And what's the point of learning boss mechanics ever, if you "have fun as they come up"? LFR also does naught to prepare you to do the other difficulties, because of the way it's designed to have a slim to 0 chance of failure.
    I don't understand why you're challenging me on this. I know the answers to the questions i'm asking and we are both in agreement on most of them. My original line of questioning was aimed specifically at the OP, who said he/she raids LFR and Normal mode and prefers a raid size of 3 bosses so he/she can prepare by memorizing boss mechanics, which i have already pointed out is pointless and/or takes away from any little fun that those difficulties might offer. In another post, i explained why you would learn boss mechanics "ever" and that there is indeed a place for learning boss mechanics in organized raiding, specifically being a setting where 6-8 bosses is the norm...
    Last edited by Jyggalag; 2017-02-17 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    I don't understand why you're challenging me on this. I know the answers to the questions i'm asking and we are both in agreement on most of them. My original line of questioning was aimed specifically at the OP, who said he/she raids LFR and Normal mode and prefers a raid size of 3 bosses so he/she can prepare by memorizing boss mechanics, which i have already pointed out is pointless and/or takes away from any little fun that those difficulties might offer. In another post, i explained why you would learn boss mechanics "ever" and that there is indeed a place for learning boss mechanics in organized raiding, specifically being a setting where 6-8 bosses is the norm...
    Fair, though it's less challenging and more discussing (in my pov), but I can see where you're coming from.
    Though, I'd say that everyone *should* have a general idea of the mechanics. Like reading the dung journal during trash to identify the oneshot mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I really enjoy that sweet spot: 9!

between 7-10, just one raid per tier

In WoW raid context, if we are talking inside a specific raid instance, 6-9 bosses per. If we're talking a raid tier as a whole, which can be multiple raid instances, 14-16ish.

Anything over 10 bosses in a single raid, barring said raid having a "winged" layout or format, gets to be a bit of a drag. 5 or less and it's no more than a glorified dungeon.

Deleted
    6-9 would be my choice. i liked firelands and dragon soul for their size and time requirements

I think 10 is good, not too short and not too long

Deleted
    Reading through this thread made my day! All the saltyness from the people calling out OP, and his optimistic replies. OP, you sound like someone enjoying the way you are playing. Keep it up! OT: 9-11 is cool for me

Deleted
    Godamit i cant kill Spellblade Aluriel in Nighthold because of freaking Anihilation or whatever Fists of Fury she does.
    I'm stuck on 3 bosses for life since she is the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Punx View Post
    Reading through this thread made my day! All the saltyness from the people calling out OP, and his optimistic replies. OP, you sound like someone enjoying the way you are playing. Keep it up! OT: 9-11 is cool for me
    To be fair i placed horrible options on the poll at the beginning. Darsithis helped me with new options

Six is about right no more than that. I don't have the time or inclination to raid 10+ bosses anymore. My old Vanilla wow self would prefer as many bosses as possible because I was a raid Junkie. Now with limited time, I think 6 bosses is plenty and any less than that is just as good. When I was 20 I didn't think about how valuable time was and now that is all I can think about.

Time invested in having reasonable fun is never a waste in my eyes but I'd prefer more challenging bosses and less of them.
    The Last Starfighter

"Listen, Centauri. I'm not any of those guys, I'm a kid from a trailer park." - Alex Rogan

"If that's what you think, then that's all you'll ever be!" - Centauri

10 to 12+ I like large raids like Naxx, etc..