Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Just look at Europe.
    Last 24hr range, 160-169k.

https://wowtoken.info/

The why is simple.

You can now buy a token and optionally convert it instead of into gametime into battle.net balance equivalent to the monthly subscription cost.
    $15 or £10.

Which opens up anything on the battle.net store to being bought for gold.
    Offering a sink that wasn't there before, and so a reason for players to buy more than their subscription demanded.

Edit: correction pointed out.
    Actually, might be the best gold sink ever added, when you think of it..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Only it is no gold sink because your gold goes to another player and not out of the game.

You get gametime/b.net balance for somone elses RL money for which he gets gold from you.

Blizz only facilitates gold transfer between players and gets their own share of RL money with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    WoW token prices have inflated since they can be used for other Blizzard products now. But don't worry, the game is better off without you anyway.
    What an awfully stupid comment.

Deleted
    still beyond me how people could pay $15 for 50k gold with a sane mind

Sittin here making 60k a month from each toon from order hall missions alone wondering why everyones broke...

Quote Originally Posted by Putch View Post
    I never understood how the price sat far lower than that for so long during WoD (when gold grew on trees!)

Who was paying $20 (not $15, right?) for 25k gold??

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Sittin here making 60k a month from each toon from order hall missions alone wondering why everyones broke...
    Some people have a life out of games you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Actually, might be the best gold sink ever added, when you think of it..
    I would agree.
    It has more sustainability than any in-game item due to the sheer quantity of items alone.
    Plus more if you consider consumables and future items.

Quote Originally Posted by Putch View Post
    The reason that some people make money from other players is that not everyone is doing the same.
    Doesnt mean someone isn't sane, it just means they aren't as good at it.

I can certainly do a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

eh, i sold one for 112k gold the night they first updated the token.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    What the hell happened? Where are the days when they were 25k?

I really wanted to get back into it as well
    We can't have people playing for free, now, can we? Gotta find ways to inflate that shit so people cough up their coinage.

Deleted
    expect it to go alot higher when blizzcon tickets go on sale

Quote Originally Posted by Khubbo View Post
    expect it to go alot higher when blizzcon tickets go on sale
    anytime a new expansion for any blizz game comes out, tokens are going to rocket 20-50% overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    the games still dying though. in fact the games been dead for quite some time.

I think you need to go read the definition of dying, the game is far from it, people have been saying this shit for years and guess what WoW is still here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sold one at 115k 2 weeks back, be glad they've crashed.

Do we get a new thread for every new value of the token ?

Curious?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Some people have a life out of games you know.
    You don't have 2 minutes of spare time every day to check your mobile for free gold? I feel sorry for you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    You don't have 2 minutes of spare time every day to check your mobile for free gold? I feel sorry for you lol.
    And how do you farm your order resources in 2 minutes ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    >introduced in 2015
    >"it's been years"
    damn muricans not even grasping that 2 years = years....

ps: can we please have a rule to not make a "omg what happen to my na token" every 5 days pretty please? or make a megathread called "muricans crying about tokens"?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    What the hell happened? Where are the days when they were 25k?

I really wanted to get back into it as well
    25k? You must mean 35k because that's the price at which they started.

But look at Europe, you think that's a lot? We went from 100k average to literally 200k and stabilizing around 160k when the WoW tokens were available for use as Battle net balance. I was glad when I bought them for 90k at the very least, now It's so broken I can't get any. Gold Isn't that quick to come by In Legion anymore and the mission tables are too bizzare, you get no cache that just piles up and have to grind Bloods of Sargeras to get more res. or just grind world quests for res. specificly which Isn't worth the time Invested.

It's all broken. I wish I could play when the Token launched, Blizzard -knew- lots of people would make tons of gold and buy a ton of tokens so that they can be able to play WoW for the next 1-3 years literally. It made you -that- rich just doing Garrison missions In WoD as well as the AH game. But nooo.. apparently Blizzard thinks that If your account gets hacked, you don't deserve access to your account anymore, makes sense right.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    only 88k? cute, dont bother looking at EU, mate. you will get no sympathy from me.