Thread: Squishy Rogue

Squishy Rogue

I feel like Outlaw and Assassination are a bit squishy, whether it be in PvP or PvE. I remember in WOLTK (when I started) how fun it was to be a rogue NOT because of the damage we could put out but because of how damn hard it was to kill us. Blizz actaully answered my concerns lately with a new Assassination 7.2 artifact trait: Dense Concoction. ( http://ptr.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...nation/AvTSIrA )

So i was thikning that maybe Outlaw (everybodys least fav spec ) could have something similar maybe in line with the pirate theme. So here's my idea:

Replace Hidden blade (as it's not very exciting) with Crimson Flask.

Crimson Flask - Crimson vial no longer cost energy and during adrenaline rush heals for 10% more, 10% faster.

I'm no balancing wiz but it sounds cool. A clutch healing combo we can use during our burst. It would also give more reason to take Iron Stomach. Not as strong as Dense Concoction or Sub's SD healing but the same could be said about Riposte when compared to Evasion. Plus, Pirates are known for drinking all the time, even while in combat. Just an idea.

Flame me, give your opinions, or add on to the idea down below. Thx and stay rogue

Rogues have Cloak, Feint and Cheat Death. We are incredibly spoiled when it comes to survivability in a raiding environment.

I meant outside of those XD. But i feel ya. plus i just thought it'd be a cool trait.

We are the most durable class in raid outside of tanks.

I meant in general yo. World content, PvE, and PvP. The new sin trait gave me an idea for Outlaw who's not very durable in comparison. Plus it would be nice if Crimson vial was more interesting.

Outlaw has pretty good self-healing for soloing content, just need to roll Grand Melee. 25% Leech is a lot stronger than the 12% Assassination has with Leeching Poison. Random, of course, but then you're playing Outlaw so that's par for the course.

Other than soloing, what makes you say that Outlaw is less durable than the other specs? It has the same defensive abilities. All the specs have Cheat Death, Elusiveness, Feint, Cloak and Evasion (Riposte for Outlaw but it's the same thing).

rogues are fine in world content, you're playing the wrong class if you're looking for something highly durable.

Riposte parrys attacks. Which is much less powerful than straight up dodging them. get a hunter buddy to just shot you and test it out. Evasion let's you dodge ranged attacks as well.

I am by no means UNHAPPY with rogue survivability. I just thought it would be a neat idea. Especially since rogue's artifact traits, especially outlaw, aren't that interesting. But it's just an opinion.

Deleted
    Are you seriously starting a thread, crying about survivability of the rogue? I mean... seriously????

If your answer is yes, something, somewhere went terribly wrong lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oxigan View Post
    Are you seriously starting a thread, crying about survivability of the rogue? I mean... seriously????

Only person here sounding like a baby I.e. crying, are you dude. Guy posted something he thought was fun, so if you can't manage to read without your own tears tearing up the paper the post was written on, maybe you should just refrain from posting your immature thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxigan View Post

You're the only one crying in this thread.

Deleted
    Honestly, if I die, it's because I truly and honestly messed up. You have to almost be trying to die as a rogue even on progress, I'm always the last person alive unless I messed up and not even a little bit, or a fair bit... it has to be a lot because I have so many way's of not dieing in the face of pretty much every mechanic in the game no matter what, all the time, every time.

I hate to make post's like this as I assume it might contribute to us getting nerf'd if people understood how unkillable we are unless the player behind the class is pretty sub-par and I mean that as no sideways offense to the OP just as a general reflection on how we stand as a class.

I think its a cool idea, and while rogues aren't all that squishy, it sounds balanced given that you are spending a talent to get it.