Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Forced to be a city person, definitely a country person though. Not middle of nowhere, but 13-20k residents is my comfortable level.

I really dislike living in an annonymous metropolis like Munich or Hamburg, but short trips or weekend stays are fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found a happy compromise -- a city so damned big that neighborhoods function like small towns. When I want to go out to the countryside, it is an easy subway, train or bus ride away.

With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Ha! I've never had roaches in Seattle, but had them everywhere in NYC.

I lived on capital hill, next block from the QFC, near Broadway and Madison intersection. 3 blocks from Neumos...
    Awesome, that's where I used to always go!

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Country person through and through. I was born in a small town in the UK, and have always lived in a smaller more rural area no matter where I go. Cities are just uncomfortable to me. Right now I live in one but do not much enjoy it and really am looking to leave.

The rhythm of city life just does not suite me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    City person. I love being near everything. Just hate the freaking traffic all the damn time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Cities are only fun for ages 15-25. Being surrounded by neighbors sucks.
    I think it also depends on your personal life circumstances and lifestyle.
    For example, I could see living on the countryside being much nicer if you have a family with children, because it allows you to (generally speaking) have more space, a garden/green areas around, more peace and quiet etc. Whereas if you are living alone or with "just" a partner, having a nice apartment in the middle of the city might be more of an option.
    Personally, for example, I wouldn't really want to live in a big(ger) house and have no need for it either - and while being surrounded by neighbours can be a bit meh at times, I still like my cozy apartment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say small town/city with a mall, movie theater, the fast food stops and restaurants, shops and stores, all that you could want/need but none of the hustle-bustle of city traffic or crowds. There's no way I could enjoy country life, barring the solitude.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

10+ Year Old Account
    City. Rural areas belong to the animals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely city folk, but I do love to visit the country for short periods.

City. My dream home is a penthouse next to skyscrapers. I want to look down and say to myself "...this city".
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    City. My dream home is a penthouse next to skyscrapers. I want to look down and say to myself "...this city".
    Yes. More of this, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

i live on an island in alaska so that should answer that question.

i dislike being around lots of people, dislike skyscrapers (feel closed in and too dark).
    i like nature, clean air, quiet.

so yep, country for me.

grew up on the great plains so i like seeing the horizon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Born in Memphis, Tn; mostly because my dad drove his 1970 dodge charger like a bat out of hell when my mom started labor. Grew up in rural west tenn.

I prefer mid size cities within short driving distance of my rural home.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson