Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lots of alternative facts in this thread. LFR includes a raid group in a raid instance. That would be a raid. It's not really up for debate. Sorry if it somehow cheapens the experience for you.

You all arguing this are like people who claim music you don't like isn't "real" music. What your argument should actually be is that it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Lots of alternative facts in this thread. LFR includes a raid group in a raid instance. That would be a raid. It's not really up for debate. Sorry if it somehow cheapens the experience for you.

You all arguing this are like people who claim music you don't like isn't "real" music. What your argument should actually be is that it sucks.
    Is a baby cluelessly hitting a drumset music or noise?

It's a raid only in name.

Lfr is nothing like actual raiding which is why it is not considered raiding by most people who actually raid
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    It's a raid only in name.

Lfr is nothing like actual raiding which is why it is not considered raiding by most people who actually raid
    That's the point to be fair. It IS, factually, a raid; Blizzard decides this and they have named it "raid". It's not as complex or needy as normal mode or higher. But it is still a raid. It's silly and baseless to claim it's not a raid.

If people pointed out that it is not as difficult as normal+ there would, and could, be no argument against this. But they're not, they're simply outright claiming it isn't a raid, despite the facts being against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I'm stuck on the 4th boss in Normal. Pugging in LFG.
    Huh. Was this Krosus or Spellblade?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GrieverXIII View Post
    Flex Raiding was quality of life improvements. LFR was denaturing the game.

Social interaction has always been the very core of the MMO genre. Destroying that aspect for the sake of making it more "convenient" for people to acquire their purples wasn't the right way to go about it.
    LFR was good in that it was attempt to cater to an audience that was excluded by the hardcore turn of early Cataclysm. It was Blizzard pulling back on the idea that that audience wasn't important.

LFR was bad in that it probably wasn't the way they should have catered to that audience, due to LFR's limitations as a game design element.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    Q: Why was the anti-vaxxer's 4 year old child crying? A: Midlife crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    No but bullshit lowest common denominator bubblegum pop still is.

We should probably stop this because some are correctly arguing that it is raiding in name/category and others are saying it does not fit the essence of what it means to be raiding which is also right. It's way different.

We should probably stop this because some are correctly arguing that it is raiding in name/category and others are saying it does not fit the essence of what it means to be raiding which is also right. It's way different.
    So since neither of us are right, it's pointless to go on.
    And btw shit like tswift isn't music either, it's noise.

End of thread. hahaha YES!

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    What's most hilarious is that OP is asking "why the hell is LFR still not completely opened???" and "LFR is not raiding" is not even an answer to that. (I mean, suppose that were true and LFR wasn't raiding however laughable that sounds. So what? The question is why the hell does it take so long to unlock it.)
    On this forum, there are a lot of "my way or the highway" types, and the slightest request of something being made
    easier or changed that will benefit anyone casual, causes them to regress into immaturity, rudeness, and pettiness.

LFR is raiding, period. Yes its extremely dumbed down raiding, but its still raiding. Just because it doesn't fit THEIR
    definition, does not change what it is. If the developer says its raiding, well then, you really have no leg to stand on
    now do you?

But of course, the holier than thou's (i.e. elitists) think otherwise. And you know what, that's not even the problem.
    Its the undeserved rudeness that comes from it. That's the real issue.

dude his analogy was PERFECT. don't shrug it off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    On this forum, there are a lot of "my way or the highway" types, and the slightest request of something being made
    easier or changed that will benefit anyone casual, causes them to regress into immaturity, rudeness, and pettiness.

LFR is raiding, period. Yes its extremely dumbed down raiding, but its still raiding. Just because it doesn't fit THEIR
    definition, does not change what it is. If the developer says its raiding, well then, you really have no leg to stand on
    now do you?

But of course, the holier than thou's (i.e. elitists) think otherwise. And you know what, that's not even the problem.
    Its the undeserved rudeness that comes from it. That's the real issue.
    Looking for Raid.

They never found one though

the baby probably has more rythm than me, so i'd say music

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    That's the point to be fair. It IS, factually, a raid; Blizzard decides this and they have named it "raid". It's not as complex or needy as normal mode or higher. But it is still a raid. It's silly and baseless to claim it's not a raid.

If people pointed out that it is not as difficult as normal+ there would, and could, be no argument against this. But they're not, they're simply outright claiming it isn't a raid, despite the facts being against them.
    blizzard has also said things like rogues needed time to get used to not redirecting combo points because combo points applied to the rogue (ie holy power)

so you cant trust blizzard as far as you can throw them
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Huh. Was this Krosus or Spellblade?
    Spellblade

She totally wreks my face on Anihilation, the ability that needs to be shared with another Tank. Like a fists of fury of sorts.
    She one shots me if i dont manage to Fiery Brand + Spikes as a Demon Hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    blizzard has also said things like rogues needed time to get used to not redirecting combo points because combo points applied to the rogue (ie holy power)

so you cant trust blizzard as far as you can throw them
    I can understand on topics like your example but are you seriously suggesting that at some point they might turn around and say; "Crap, all this time we've been calling it Looking For Raid when we actually meant to call it Looking For Roderick" ?

Not sure you can compare something as complex as class functionality and balance, to simply naming something accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Spellblade

She totally wreks my face on Anihilation, the ability that needs to be shared with another Tank. Like a fists of fury of sorts.
    She one shots me if i dont manage to Fiery Brand + Spikes as a Demon Hunter.
    Hmm. We got Spellblade down the first night in N NH. I don't recall the tanks saying it was that hard, but neither was a DH.

If you have rets in your party be sure they're putting Kings on you.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2017-02-19 at 08:00 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    Q: Why was the anti-vaxxer's 4 year old child crying? A: Midlife crisis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    I haven’t been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like,but I have gotten every always with some for have inside the whatever anything for I like to see and although but soon without also out. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far.
    i know youre banned, but when you come back i would love to see what this was really meant to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post

On topic, what is the current reasoning to have LFR gated as much as it is?
    I dont think anything has been said yet. Another poster speculated it might be tied to lack of non-raid content. That about sums up all constructive discussion on this thread topic.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    I dont think anything has been said yet. Another poster speculated it might be tied to lack of non-raid content. That about sums up all constructive discussion on this thread topic.
    It's simply to make you wait longer, to give them the "feeling" of progression; to give you incentive to do normal. If you stubbornly did only LFR for 6 weeks, then you get to do Gul'dan.

It's simply to make you wait longer, to give them the "feeling" of progression; to give you incentive to do normal. If you stubbornly did only LFR for 6 weeks, then you get to do Gul'dan.
    Yes that is the reasoning given for the existence of the gating. The question is of why longer than prior. This thread however is largely as usual filled with the discussion of the existence of LFR, threats of removing raiding from the game, and why does the gate exist at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Yes that is the reasoning given for the existence of the gating. The question is of why longer than prior. This thread however is largely as usual filled with the discussion of the existence of LFR, threats of removing raiding from the game, and why does the gate exist at all.
    Because tier and titanforging, most likely.