Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
... LastLast
  1. #341
    Pandaren Monk ThatsOurEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    What's most hilarious is that OP is asking "why the hell is LFR still not completely opened???" and "LFR is not raiding" is not even an answer to that. (I mean, suppose that were true and LFR wasn't raiding however laughable that sounds. So what? The question is why the hell does it take so long to unlock it.)
    On this forum, there are a lot of "my way or the highway" types, and the slightest request of something being made
    easier or changed that will benefit anyone casual, causes them to regress into immaturity, rudeness, and pettiness.

    LFR is raiding, period. Yes its extremely dumbed down raiding, but its still raiding. Just because it doesn't fit THEIR
    definition, does not change what it is. If the developer says its raiding, well then, you really have no leg to stand on
    now do you?

    But of course, the holier than thou's (i.e. elitists) think otherwise. And you know what, that's not even the problem.
    Its the undeserved rudeness that comes from it. That's the real issue.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    No but bullshit lowest common denominator bubblegum pop still is.

    We should probably stop this because some are correctly arguing that it is raiding in name/category and others are saying it does not fit the essence of what it means to be raiding which is also right. It's way different.
    dude his analogy was PERFECT. don't shrug it off.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    On this forum, there are a lot of "my way or the highway" types, and the slightest request of something being made
    easier or changed that will benefit anyone casual, causes them to regress into immaturity, rudeness, and pettiness.

    LFR is raiding, period. Yes its extremely dumbed down raiding, but its still raiding. Just because it doesn't fit THEIR
    definition, does not change what it is. If the developer says its raiding, well then, you really have no leg to stand on
    now do you?

    But of course, the holier than thou's (i.e. elitists) think otherwise. And you know what, that's not even the problem.
    Its the undeserved rudeness that comes from it. That's the real issue.
    Looking for Raid.

    They never found one though

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    Is a baby cluelessly hitting a drumset music or noise?
    the baby probably has more rythm than me, so i'd say music

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    That's the point to be fair. It IS, factually, a raid; Blizzard decides this and they have named it "raid". It's not as complex or needy as normal mode or higher. But it is still a raid. It's silly and baseless to claim it's not a raid.

    If people pointed out that it is not as difficult as normal+ there would, and could, be no argument against this. But they're not, they're simply outright claiming it isn't a raid, despite the facts being against them.
    blizzard has also said things like rogues needed time to get used to not redirecting combo points because combo points applied to the rogue (ie holy power)

    so you cant trust blizzard as far as you can throw them
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

  5. #345
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Huh. Was this Krosus or Spellblade?
    Spellblade

    She totally wreks my face on Anihilation, the ability that needs to be shared with another Tank. Like a fists of fury of sorts.
    She one shots me if i dont manage to Fiery Brand + Spikes as a Demon Hunter.

  6. #346
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    blizzard has also said things like rogues needed time to get used to not redirecting combo points because combo points applied to the rogue (ie holy power)

    so you cant trust blizzard as far as you can throw them
    I can understand on topics like your example but are you seriously suggesting that at some point they might turn around and say; "Crap, all this time we've been calling it Looking For Raid when we actually meant to call it Looking For Roderick" ?

    Not sure you can compare something as complex as class functionality and balance, to simply naming something accurately.

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Spellblade

    She totally wreks my face on Anihilation, the ability that needs to be shared with another Tank. Like a fists of fury of sorts.
    She one shots me if i dont manage to Fiery Brand + Spikes as a Demon Hunter.
    Hmm. We got Spellblade down the first night in N NH. I don't recall the tanks saying it was that hard, but neither was a DH.

    If you have rets in your party be sure they're putting Kings on you.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2017-02-19 at 08:00 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The greatest use of a life is to spend it on something that will outlast it." -- William James
    "The Oculus, but it's the whole expansion!" -- Brianna Royce, Massively OP, on Dragon Riding

  8. #348
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    I haven’t been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like,but I have gotten every always with some for have inside the whatever anything for I like to see and although but soon without also out. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far.
    i know youre banned, but when you come back i would love to see what this was really meant to say?

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post


    On topic, what is the current reasoning to have LFR gated as much as it is?
    I dont think anything has been said yet. Another poster speculated it might be tied to lack of non-raid content. That about sums up all constructive discussion on this thread topic.

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    I dont think anything has been said yet. Another poster speculated it might be tied to lack of non-raid content. That about sums up all constructive discussion on this thread topic.
    It's simply to make you wait longer, to give them the "feeling" of progression; to give you incentive to do normal. If you stubbornly did only LFR for 6 weeks, then you get to do Gul'dan.

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    It's simply to make you wait longer, to give them the "feeling" of progression; to give you incentive to do normal. If you stubbornly did only LFR for 6 weeks, then you get to do Gul'dan.
    Yes that is the reasoning given for the existence of the gating. The question is of why longer than prior. This thread however is largely as usual filled with the discussion of the existence of LFR, threats of removing raiding from the game, and why does the gate exist at all.

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Yes that is the reasoning given for the existence of the gating. The question is of why longer than prior. This thread however is largely as usual filled with the discussion of the existence of LFR, threats of removing raiding from the game, and why does the gate exist at all.
    Because tier and titanforging, most likely.

  13. #353
    Herald of the Titans Daffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Computer Chair
    Posts
    2,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Really. You really think all the people who runs LFR thinks like that? And clear it in one day? Or one week? You think they play as much or as often as you do? You think they only raid?

    I would not be surprise if a portion of the players who do LFR as their only raid option only logs on to raid or chase some gear like others. They are probably playing the game differently and sees the raid differently.
    I never said anything about "All" or quantity of people.

    It's just a fact that it artificially extends the content. It doesn't matter how people play, just that it works in Blizzard's favor.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

  14. #354
    Pandaren Monk ThatsOurEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,779
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid. They never found one though
    They did. You just need to wear glasses.

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    so basically it's not raiding, then?
    is the instance classified as a raid if yes, then its raiding if no, then its not. simple enough for you and other lfr haters?
    Member: Shadow Lands Alpha Club, Member since 4/9/2020

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.

    No matter how many times I look at this, I have no idea what is happening.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    LFR is not raiding.


    If this is true, then there is little reason to delay it then. Because then it would be like putting a delay on Pet Battles due to Raid releases (or some other nonsensical correlation - feel free to make up your own).

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight White Whale View Post
    Just time-consuming. I got sick of normal raids with Hellfire Citadel, where groups would break apart after the first boss and after waiting an hour to replace the leavers, the group disbanded. Sorry, I don't want to waste my time.
    Guild. 10char

  18. #358
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight White Whale View Post
    And that is not an argument. Dungeons are not raiding either. World quests are not raiding. And? What is the argument there? Because it's not raiding it makes sense to trickle down the content over the course of 10 weeks? Why exactly? Have you invested a single second into thinking about this statement?
    I dont care when lfr is releaed, I dont play lfr. I simply disagree with op calling lfr raiding.

    I do understand why blizzard delays lfr though:
    they want to get people to try raiding: people might get curious about the rest of the raid after doing wing 1 in week 2 of NH and join a normal group to see the raid before lfr is released. They will find that running normal is easier and quicker then running lfr if u dont join a braindead pug.
    And if they enjoyed the experience they might commit to a casual raiding guild and that means they will continu playing for months to clear the raid on harder difficulties, instead of unsubscribing after seeing the content in lfr and finding out there is nothing more to do.
    = win for blizzard.

  19. #359
    Brewmaster Whitedragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely not behind you
    Posts
    1,486
    Quote Originally Posted by GrieverXIII View Post
    Flex Raiding was quality of life improvements. LFR was denaturing the game.

    Social interaction has always been the very core of the MMO genre. Destroying that aspect for the sake of making it more "convenient" for people to acquire their purples wasn't the right way to go about it.
    I would be ok with raiding Flex if it was the same level of ease as LFG (Looking at Nax 2.0, TotGC, and First half of ICC levls of difaculty.), but it's not and therefor i'll keep my LFG tool. I don't mind making a group for it, but I Don't want to play on any harder a difficulty setting. some people just cant fathom that not everyone wants to put in their specific levels of commitment, and before you jump on me with "Don't want to put in the effort? then don't do it" Then ill just say they may as well just make everything mythic levels of difficulty, because by comparison to them you suck just as hard, so "Get good" yourself.

  20. #360
    Deleted
    LFR Raiders, hahaha. I kek'd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •