[Mythic+] guaranteed one chest with loot, instead of 3 chest with no loot?

We had the issue about people wanting to always 3 chest everything, instead of going for higher mythic+.
    What if the loot system gave u ONE CHEST in each mythic+ done IN TIME, regardless of how fast the group went, its always one chest with a 100% loot in it, instead of 3 chests that may contain no loot.

This would get players back to play higher mythics, according to their ilevel. Wouldnt it?

Wouldn't change anything for me.. There is base ilvl cap so I wouldn't still run higher than +15. I would just get one +15 chest instead of 3??

As MT in a large guild, I tank whatever keys the guild has, regardless of which dungeon or which +. The minute I log in, people start whispering me keys. If I want to do emissary WQs or some-such, I try to do them at odd hour when fewer people are on. Otherwise, I just line the keys up and get to as many as possible. No one is guaranteed a 3 chest, but most of us don't need AP anymore, and we all get our 15s by end of week.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    As MT in a large guild, I tank whatever keys the guild has, regardless of which dungeon or which +. The minute I log in, people start whispering me keys. If I want to do emissary WQs or some-such, I try to do them at odd hour when fewer people are on. Otherwise, I just line the keys up and get to as many as possible. No one is guaranteed a 3 chest, but most of us don't need AP anymore, and we all get our 15s by end of week.
    Sadly for me our MTs are not that cool persons i wasted lv 9 CoS key this week just because i picked up Random tank ...(the dude left after some bad pull on trash and wipe )

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Sadly for me our MTs are not that cool persons i wasted lv 9 CoS key this week just because i picked up Random tank ...(the dude left after some bad pull on trash and wipe )
    They keep me busy; that's for sure.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    Wouldn't change anything for me.. There is base ilvl cap so I wouldn't still run higher than +15. I would just get one +15 chest instead of 3??
    My issues is that a lot of groups overkill the mythic+. Lets say a 890+ group runs MAW 7-9. WHY? To get 3 chests! If u have a 870 group, u will easily make it in time, however u might only achieve ONE chest.

So lower ilevel players have less chance joining a group and higher ilevel players have less challange.
    A +9 gives base ilevel of 860. This is no intertessting for a 890 player. whereas a +15 gives 885 base ilevel loot.

And if u get one chest no matter of how fast (yet still in time) with a 100% loot, it would be more interesting for a 890 player to run +15 instead of 3chesting 7-9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    And if u get one chest no matter of how fast (yet still in time) with a 100% loot, it would be more interesting for a 890 player to run +15 instead of 3chesting 7-9.
    But they'll still run 7-9's for AP.
    No one in 890+ gear is running 7-9's for gear, this wouldn't change anything.

Each chest in Mythic+ dungeons regardless of speed of difficulty contains 2 pieces of loot for the party. Just because you may not get a piece of loot in a run does not mean that the chest contained zero loot. 3 chesting a dungeon yields 6 total pieces of loot for the party.

Quote Originally Posted by saphka View Post
    Each chest in Mythic+ dungeons regardless of speed of difficulty contains 2 pieces of loot for the party. Just because you may not get a piece of loot in a run does not mean that the chest contained zero loot. 3 chesting a dungeon yields 6 total pieces of loot for the party.
    ^This.

It´s like PL. All bosses drop the same amount of loot. Regardless of ML GL or PL.
    And the m+ loot system is simply PL

Lets say a 890+ group runs MAW 7-9. WHY? To get 3 chests!
    They don't do it to get 3 chests. They do it to get AP. It just so happens that they end up 3 chesting it because they want to get that AP as fast as possible.

Lowering the rewards to ensure all people get an item they may not want/need is not good change to the system.

- - - Updated - - -

My issues is that a lot of groups overkill the mythic+. Lets say a 890+ group runs MAW 7-9. WHY? To get 3 chests! If u have a 870 group, u will easily make it in time, however u might only achieve ONE chest.

So lower ilevel players have less chance joining a group and higher ilevel players have less challange.
    A +9 gives base ilevel of 860. This is no intertessting for a 890 player. whereas a +15 gives 885 base ilevel loot.

When I do anything below 10 it is to help people or for quick AP and to rank up somebodies key. It certainly isn't for some item I am going to shard or maybe trade away.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

So you want to punish people that can 3 chests the highest difficulty currently just because your guild rather do low keys than try to be good?
    A lot of people are only running 12+ keys currently because we're at the point of overgearing even +15 massively, if your guild doesn't want to do it it's a player issue not a game design issue

How would this change anything at all? People are still going to 3 chest to get their 15's done for the week as soon as possible and scrubs still won't get invited.

7+ Year Old Account
    Most of the people I've seen complain about m+s do so for one of two reasons.
    1. It's repetitive and they aren't interested in doing the same dungeons over and over again, especially with a time limit.
    2. They don't have a consistent group and pugging it can go poorly.

I don't really see people complain about the looting aspect, unless they are doing it rarely and just salty that RNG isn't in their favor. People who are farming or pushing m+ keys are bound to get loot. I'm at 906 ilvl and stil have 4 m+ pieces equipped in resto, 6 in ele. The loot is there if you're actually doing it more than just "queue 1-2 to get my 15 for the week". Even then, still decent chances at loot for the majority of people.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom