Poll: Would you buy a targeted legendary for rl money?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would you buy legendaries for real money?

With the new build it seems Blizzard is preparing some items that will allow you to target the legendary you want. But it remains to be seen if this will be implemented in-game or not.
    What if Blizzard decides to test the waters and sell these items that pretty much target correct legendaries? Maybe even with an excuse of fixing bad luck for players that REALLY want a certain legendary.
    Despite forum raging and all that stuff: would you buy it? However despicable it is, would you buy that bis legendary you want so badly? Would you buy that other spec legendaries so you can switch specs more freely? Be honest.

EDIT: seems i posted this on the wrong forum part. I opened another in the correct one (general). Can mods please delete this one? Thanks and sorry.
    Last edited by Magemaer; 2017-02-23 at 12:46 AM.

That sounds like a really bad idea. People would rage that they are forced to purchase it, which would absolutely be true for many people.

If it theoretically was set in place? Of course I would want to. Then I would feel dirty as shit afterwards. That's the problem.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't want Pay to gain character power items in WoW, I'd quit instantly.

Any store items should stay 100% cosmetic only, exception are game services, and boost should stay at 100 until next expansion too.

I don't buy pets/mounts either, even with the recent gold to bnet currency.

Even if WoW went Free to play because of such thing, it's no excuse for microtransaction "pay to win" (gain character power via $$$)
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-23 at 12:48 AM.

Deleted
    Perhaps players should be able to craft legendaries (with a lot of work getting mats for one piece, and loooots of mats needed (#makeclothoreleathergreatagain).
    Then people could in theory buy it for irl money (through tokens).

Deleted
    Ever heard of Diablo 3? Yeah. If I had a week I couldn't list all the reasons why it's a horrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Perhaps players should be able to craft legendaries (with a lot of work getting mats for one piece, and loooots of mats needed (#makeclothoreleathergreatagain).
    Then people could in theory buy it for irl money (through tokens).
    Perhaps legendary items should be utility items not dps items, if there were 1-2 like in good old days they could be dps items but with 10 legendary items per class with over half being garbage and the rest being must have making them like they are now is just dumb and shortsighted. Players NEVER play the way dev intends to but for some reason WoW team just insists of repeating "but we meant to X or Y"
    Last edited by mmoc9662afc2dc; 2017-02-24 at 09:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, why not. I think you should be able to compensate for not being able to play much with irl money.

It works with game tokens. Either you pay IRL money or ingame money to play. Why not apply it to items as well? You work for it free, or pay for it. I don't see any harm it would do. It would only allow the player more freedom to adapt the game after his or her irl life.

As I said yesterday in the other thread, I would but I wouldn't pay more than $5-7 bucks for them and they CAN'T be associated with the token-gold-store credit system, it has to be pure money. For $5, i'd definitely pick up 3-5 (one per 110).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    As much as I want my bis legendaries (That never drops) I dont think i would pay for them.

Needs option: Yes, but would quit game because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    Ever heard of Diablo 3? Yeah. If I had a week I couldn't list all the reasons why it's a horrible idea.

Perhaps legendary items should be utility items not dps items, if there were 1-2 like in good old days they could be dps items but with 10 legendary items per class with over half being garbage and the rest being must have making them like they are now is just dumb and shortsighted. Players NEVER play the way dev intends to but for some reason WoW team just insists of repeating "but we meant to X or Y"
    You could buy stuff in Diablo 2, I guess people were completely unaware on how huge d2 items black markets back in the days .

D3 initial launch problems were far worse than rmah. It had the worse type of rng and the mob difficulty levels made no sense. Higher level acts drop better ilvl gear but most people couldn't even progress past act 1 due to weird dmg scaling vs defense, and unique items were completely worthless.

everyone was playing gimmicky builds or range canon dps because the only way to progress is to obliterate your enemy from afar before a stray bullet 1ko you.
    Last edited by iky43210; 2017-02-26 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    cant even say ild hate the idea ... rng based legendarys are that awful. literally anything to target legendarys is appreciated. whole guild is sitting on 60+€ battlenet balance after couple of nh hc sellruns anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    You could buy stuff in Diablo 2, I guess people were completely unaware on how huge d2 items black markets back in the days .
    You can buy fully equiped accounts in wow too, that's not the point, that's not something supported by the developer/

I dont think they are that stupid to do that.

This question is as wild as e.g. aliens came to the earth and made you the galactic king so what would you do first?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Having legendaries sold by a vendor even for ingame currency would be awful enough, and selling it on the cash shop would be a nail in the coffin in many ways. Players feeling like they MUST have a certain legendary, and what if that legendary is nerfed? Suddenly something else is BiS according to sims/Icy Veins and the rage is renewed, with people feeling entitled to having the 'best' legendary because 'they paid for it'.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

You can't compare D3 with WoW.

Trade was big in D2. The AH was actually a pretty welcome idea by anyone who played proper D2 on Battle.net because the trade environment was horrible. There were no standards, you had to follow economics of each website and there were no guaranteed trades for multiple items spanned through multiple characters.
    D3 solved this with AH+Acc chest.

The reason D3 failed was because of the difficulty gating. The game gated everyone at inferno, which made people feel like they had to buy items, which made AH more important than farming. Once the perception sank in, there was no return.

If the game didn't have design issues, it wouldn't be a problem really.

That said, item selling in WoW is a bad idea. This is a persistent game that has skill challenges unlike Diablo where it's all about luck. And before anyone says WoW is RNG, I suggest them to try and farm a Zod rune in Diablo 2;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by themaelstorm View Post
    And before anyone says WoW is RNG, I suggest them to try and farm a Zod rune in Diablo 2;p
    I suggest you to try and farm any specific legendary ;p Hold on, oh, that's right...

I suggest you to try and farm any specific legendary ;p Hold on, oh, that's right...
    Believe me, Diablo2 is worse ;p

You can get unlucky in wow but you still have luck protection and a number of legendaries limited per class and everything you do can trigger it pretty much.

D2 has a lot of runes some of which are ridiculously low drops and only from certain bosses. There are countless people who played Diablo for years and years without seeing many of the runes ^^

Pay to win is a shit idea, especially in a game with a monthly sub.

But after getting 4 of the 5 worse legendaries for my class/spec would I drop some $$$ on bis? Yeah, absolutely. I'd hate it, but I'd do it.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I try not to act rashly, but if Blizzard implemented such a system, I would sell my account and never look back. Pay-to-play/win systems are horrific, cancerous. I play Blizzard games because they do not have such systems. Cosmetic items are perfectly fine as they do not improve one's ability to conquer content.