Enhancement Shaman Legedary Choice

Hello guys. I just got the legendary chest and I can't choose between which legendaries to play with. I have 3 to choose from :
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/137050-ey...wisting-nether
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/137616-emalons-charged-core
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/132452-sephuzs-secret

On sims I get most out of chest and EotTN but I am not sure how to implement the procs from the legendaries so this is just pure stats wise. I have set head as well.

My char is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Rimley/simple

Eye (proc) and Chest (stats + AoE/Cleave) as default
    Ring on specific fights you can interrupt (e.g. if your raid sucks at soaking Krosus adds)

Tbh over half the fights in NH are Sephuz fights. Off the top of my head: Skorp 100%, Chrono 50%, Trilliax 60%, Aluriel 50%, Botanist 75%, Tich 10%, Krosus 10% error adds, Elisande 100%, Guldan 25%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by v2nkata View Post
    Hello guys. I just got the legendary chest and I can't choose between which legendaries to play with. I have 3 to choose from :
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/137050-ey...wisting-nether
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/137616-emalons-charged-core
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/132452-sephuzs-secret

On sims I get most out of chest and EotTN but I am not sure how to implement the procs from the legendaries so this is just pure stats wise. I have set head as well.

My char is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Rimley/simple
    With Personal sims, and data that I have gathered, I realized that the rings have to have a good effect in order to offset the raw amount of stats you get from legend items with agility. That being said EoTN has one of the best legendary effects and the secondary stats are our best, making it a great default choice. Between Sephuz and Emalons, they both have their situations. If you can pull off the effect more than the other, then go with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    Tbh over half the fights in NH are Sephuz fights. Off the top of my head: Skorp 100%, Chrono 50%, Trilliax 60%, Aluriel 50%, Botanist 75%, Tich 10%, Krosus 10% error adds, Elisande 100%, Guldan 25%.
    This is true. Some of the fights can also be considered Emalons fights as well.

TLDR: Eye of twisting nether and Emalons (just off of pure stats).

Wait the legendary chest should definitely be more useful than Sephuz on Skorpion, shouldnt it? I got about 80% uptime for the chest on that boss.

Emalon's should have very high value in Skorp, Botanist. It should have mid-high value on Tich, Elisande, and Spellblade.

Guldan is has mid numeric value, but from a strategic standpoint the damage for those phases and mechanics isn't high-value. Star Augur is so-so. Numerically it's low, but it can be used during the only meaningful damage phase of the fight (last phase on the small adds).

It's pretty meh on Chronomatic, although usable if you need to stabilize that part of the fight, useless of Trilliax, nearly useless on Krosus if your raid is doing mechanics properly.

ETN is a flat 3%, decent across the board, with very good stats. Emalon at least has a solid Mastery dump, aside from the raw Agility. Emalon pawns at roughly +430 for me over my next best non-legendary. I don't have ETN. Sephuz pawns at roughly +200 for me. The Sephuz stats are like 0.3% total DPS. Emalon's stats are like 0.7%.

ETN I'd guess would pawn somewhere around +250, slight edge over Sephuz.

With those 3 options, I'd probably run something like:

Skorp: Emalon + Sephuz (can proc it almost on cooldown and align procs with exo phases).
    Chrono: ETN + ?? (both Sephuz and Emalon have value only on the add phase, Sephuz is probably more effective for focusing just on that, but Emalon has slightly better stats).
    Trilliax: ETN + Sephuz if you're running LST. ETN + Emalon if you're not.
    Spellblade: Emalon + Sephuz.
    Krosus: ETN + Emalon.
    Tich: Emalon + ETN.
    SA: ETN + Emalon maybe. I actually forget what works on the adds so maybe Sephuz also useful.
    Botanist: Emalon + Sephuz.
    Elisande: Emalon + Sephuz.
    Guldan (H): Hmm ... I'd go with Emalon + ETC. Sephuz can work but the add spellcasts are limited and Emalon has roughly the same activation profile, with better passive stats. Still, Sephuz is providing more value as long as you're on interrupt duty. Emalon pads #s on the first phase pretty nicely, but that DPS isn't too valuable compared to eye/add DPS in p2. Neither are directly relevant in p3 so Emalon wins for passive stats.

Not to hijack, but you guys seem to have solid info and i jus looted a sephuz. If the pool of legendary choices changed to Prydaz, Emalon, Sephuz, and Spiritual Journey. What would you use for each NH fight?

It really depends on the fight and your own toon. For me I sim highest with Spiritual Journey and Prydaz so I default to them. Then I look at what legendaries would actually trigger their effect. For each fight I usually go with this:

Skorpyron: Sephuz (earthgrab totem on the adds will trigger it) and emalon
    Anomaly: I'm on the team that kills the add the boss doesn't go to and then I have to run back so Spiritual Journey for sure. I use Prydaz (for survivability) or Sephuz here as my second choice.
    Trilliax: I use Prydaz and Spiritual Journey
    Spellblade: I use spiritual journey and Emalon's core but you could make the argument for sephuz or prydaz.
    Botanist: Prydaz and emalons
    Krosus: Prydaz and spiritual journey. You could argue for Emalon and sephuz.
    Tichondrius: Spiritual journey and emalon
    Star Auger: Prydaz and spiritual journey
    Elisande: Spiritual journey and sephuz. If the tanks are keeping the slow add, fast add and the boss close enough to hit all three with cl then I take emalons
    Gul'dan: Spiritual Journey and Emalons but you can take sephuz if you are interrupting the adds.

Obviously I really like the boots...

Thank you so much for the feedback. The boots have been proving useful in NH. Would love if it were just a flat cooldown reduction but yeah.

How to sim sephuz:

-Install latest nightly version of simcraft
    -Go to the "override" tab
    Add the following in the override tab on a new line:
    raid_events+=/casting,cooldown=30,duration=3,first=15
    -increase the cd of the spell (i.e. chance cooldown=30 to, say, cooldown=70) to reduce the interrupt count and as a result the procs (you check this by seeing how many wind shears have been cast).

I myself am currently only missing Uncertain Reminder, Prydaz and KJ trinket. Out of the possible legendaries I have, EOTN and Sephuz sims the highest by far, even with as little as 2 sephuz procs per fight, even on helter skelter. Emalon's is still strongest on helter skelter and heavy cleave sims, but it's pretty close.

I think I will be running eotn and sephuz on more or less all fights going forward, except spellblade. For spellblade the interrupt is literally only twice, and I'd rather have a strong cleave on frost adds and fire adds.

For something like botanist, the 3% from eotn should be about the same as using Emalon's consistently for 10% uptime, but give an overall more consistent damage when it's important (mythic phase 3).

With the buff to Sephuz in 7.2, it's looking even stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It really depends on the fight and your own toon. For me I sim highest with Spiritual Journey and Prydaz so I default to them. Then I look at what legendaries would actually trigger their effect. For each fight I usually go with this:

Skorpyron: Sephuz (earthgrab totem on the adds will trigger it) and emalon
    Anomaly: I'm on the team that kills the add the boss doesn't go to and then I have to run back so Spiritual Journey for sure. I use Prydaz (for survivability) or Sephuz here as my second choice.
    Trilliax: I use Prydaz and Spiritual Journey
    Spellblade: I use spiritual journey and Emalon's core but you could make the argument for sephuz or prydaz.
    Botanist: Prydaz and emalons
    Krosus: Prydaz and spiritual journey. You could argue for Emalon and sephuz.
    Tichondrius: Spiritual journey and emalon
    Star Auger: Prydaz and spiritual journey
    Elisande: Spiritual journey and sephuz. If the tanks are keeping the slow add, fast add and the boss close enough to hit all three with cl then I take emalons
    Gul'dan: Spiritual Journey and Emalons but you can take sephuz if you are interrupting the adds.

Obviously I really like the boots...
    I'm sorry for brigging this topic back up, but I wanted to know how do you use the boots in a raid setting ? I've gotten myself the boots as my 2nd lego on this alt. Is changing in ghost form (if any) for only a few sec worth their damage ? Or is there something I'm missing ? Like being in Ghost form when the ghosts are in CD even in combat ? I sincerely doubt it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I'm sorry for brigging this topic back up, but I wanted to know how do you use the boots in a raid setting ? I've gotten myself the boots as my 2nd lego on this alt. Is changing in ghost form (if any) for only a few sec worth their damage ? Or is there something I'm missing ? Like being in Ghost form when the ghosts are in CD even in combat ? I sincerely doubt it lol.
    I no longer use them as I have the EoTN and the bracers but theres tons of times in raid where the boots are useful. It depends a bit on your kill times and whether you'll get an extra set of wolves or 2 but generally if theres any moment in the fight where you are running around or just sitting in something to soak they have value. You can also get a luck proc of convergence when you feral lunge which shaves 30s off of ghostwolf. Obviously you shouldn't sit in ghost wolf and smack the boss but theres plenty of times where you are running around not hitting anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    It isn't anymore. It was good when you had some offtime on certain bosses (Krosus, Gul'dan for example). Wolves are pretty bad currently, which is also a reason why we arent using Convergence anymore.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

ALright thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I'll wear them until I get a better one. For now, it's good in m+.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    It isn't anymore. It was good when you had some offtime on certain bosses (Krosus, Gul'dan for example). Wolves are pretty bad currently, which is also a reason why we arent using Convergence anymore.
    Since when is cof bad for us? What's a better pair with bti?

Quote Originally Posted by grazan View Post
    Since stats etc. shifted a lot thanks to new traits etc.
    Frond, Stat sticks, Foci, Angerboda etc. are all better currently than Convergence.
    This is a list updated from april 25th~. Convergence just lost a lot of value as Mastery/Haste became more valuable to us than agility in itself depending on setup. Also some other factors probably which I dont exactly remember currently.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by grazan View Post
    When they buffed almost everything but wolves it dropped CoF. Its not a bad trinket and I would use it over Foci and Frond just because they are so inconsistent but there are a lot of better ones out there.