Underperformance with Greenskin's

I just picked up Greenskin's and I tried them out in hero NH today alongside Insignia. I felt like I under-performed vs. last week when using Insignia and Cinidaria and I'm wondering what I might be doing wrong with my rotation.

Unfortunately I have no logs, but the general rotation changes I made were re-roll for 3 buffs or TB; use BtE on CD; hold the buff for a PS proc or until BtE was about to come off CD or when wrist buff was about to expire.

The only time I didn't fish for a PS proc was during CotDB paired with TB during which I would simply rotate between using BtE, SS, RT, PS.

Any help would be appreciated. I apologize if this information is elsewhere, but I'm not well versed with these forums.

Someone did a bunch of sims a while back that amounted to mastery isn't great if you have greenskins and crit is pretty amazing.

What I've found works well (for me) with your rough setup is:

Open with (from stealth at least 10 seconds early) marked for death, pot at 1, then RtB.

Ambush
    SS to 5/6 cp
    BtE
    Hopefully blunderbuss, otherwise pistol shot
    AR/CotD
    Fish for good buffs is necessary (2 buffs that don't suck or TB)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you modify your rotation during aoe-heavy fights since BtE and PS are single target only or is it best to continue with BtE/PS in your experience? Or is it best to swap out the wrists for another leg?

Deleted
    You should be using Quick Draw instead of Ghostly Strike if you aren't already

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jk5834 View Post
    Do you modify your rotation during aoe-heavy fights since BtE and PS are single target only or is it best to continue with BtE/PS in your experience? Or is it best to swap out the wrists for another leg?
    If you have the gloves with Insignia they outperform pretty much everything in AoE heavy fights, so swap the wrists for them if you need burst aoe.

Deleted
    Also, during CotDB I would avoid using unbuffed pistol shots to consume your bracers buff even with true bearing. When I first got the bracers I also did you what do (BtE, SS, RT, PS repeat). I've found that its just better to spam SS/RT until your pistol shot procs and then use another BTE afterwards. It can feel strange to not use BtE every 2nd finisher with TB but its often a dps loss if you use bare pistol shots to consume it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mych View Post
    Also, during CotDB I would avoid using unbuffed pistol shots to consume your bracers buff even with true bearing. When I first got the bracers I also did you what do (BtE, SS, RT, PS repeat). I've found that its just better to spam SS/RT until your pistol shot procs and then use another BTE afterwards. It can feel strange to not use BtE every 2nd finisher with TB but its often a dps loss if you use bare pistol shots to consume it.
    To Sevvy: Thanks for the information. My opener pretty much matches yours. I'll try fishing for 2 good buffs/TB rather than 3 buffs/TB.

To Mych: I do use Quick Draw. It's taken more adjustment than I thought it would. At times I find myself wanting to refresh GS just to remember I don't need to. Also, I'll try the quoted information above and see how that works out. I assume this would apply to every scenario, by which I mean you really only use PS when you either have a proc or the buff is about to wear off? You don't use it just because BtE is off CD again?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diodiablo View Post
    If you have the gloves with Insignia they outperform pretty much everything in AoE heavy fights, so swap the wrists for them if you need burst aoe.
    I don't have gloves. I have belt, wrists, shoulders, and legs. I currently run wrists/shoulders but I'm wondering if I should swap to belt/shoulders for aoe/cleave fights such as skorp and aluriel.

Quote Originally Posted by Diodiablo View Post

For what it's worth he has Insignia, so basically every combo builder is aoe. But yes, gloves would be preferable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slatherton View Post
    To Sevvy: Thanks for the information. My opener pretty much matches yours. I'll try fishing for 2 good buffs/TB rather than 3 buffs/TB.

To Mych: I do use Quick Draw. It's taken more adjustment than I thought it would. At times I find myself wanting to refresh GS just to remember I don't need to. Also, I'll try the quoted information above and see how that works out. I assume this would apply to every scenario, by which I mean you really only use PS when you either have a proc or the buff is about to wear off? You don't use it just because BtE is off CD again?
    Yes it would still stand outside of curse. An unbuffed greenskins pistol shot crit does roughly the same damage as a double strike SS crit, and BtE does very little damage unless it crits so it's only real use is to proc bracers. See it as sort of quality > quantity. Get maximum value for each individual greenskins buff rather than trying to get as many as possible, since those extra globals could be used on SS/RT which is still the bulk of your overall damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jk5834 View Post
    I don't have gloves. I have belt, wrists, shoulders, and legs. I currently run wrists/shoulders but I'm wondering if I should swap to belt/shoulders for aoe/cleave fights such as skorp and aluriel.
    Wrist/Shoulder combo is really sick. Boss damage is still important in those fights and you'll probably lose overall DPS swapping for belt since the AoE increase would certainly not compare to the single target loss as the adds lose the first 10% of their health very quickly. Outlaw on demand AoE is still very strong without insignia/gloves.