Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    At least with the catch up your fresh 110 alt can go from ~10 traits from level up all the way to 30 traits in an afternoon with 20 AK.
    30 traits requires some luck finding group / friends willing to carry your ass through some M0 or smth, or you just happened to get 110 on the day where half the wqs are AP.

(Source : did it like two day ago, like 6 AP wq total on the map, took me to around 26 traits and did dungeons to reach 30 / get my 3rd relic)

On topic tho : You can keep getting ap in your main weapon if you never play your offspecs, or fill every offspec weapon up to 35 traits because of 7.2 coming soon.

I believe 54 traits now means you get 3 or 4 traits in your weapon in 7.2, which will take some time even accounting with the new AK levels (I'd say around 10 days if we get AK levels every 5 days like before, maybe less depending on how the AP gains change between M+ / raid / weekly cache / 7.2 quests), so it's still worth doing it if you're only playing one spec anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I got 35 in all 3 specs first, then I started filling the one I play the most (Rogue) but I started filling the second now as I use Outlaw for cleave fights and Assa for single target. I don't stress getting any to 54 though. However, alts are impossible for me, as I would NEVER do this horrible thing again, it's bad enough maxing one char.
    Alts are not a problem with instant 20 AK, I just got my pala tank to 39-40 (dont remember) just doing suramar chain (until arcway/CoS quests) and some m+/nm-hc raids. Around 1 month.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    30 traits requires some luck finding group / friends willing to carry your ass through some M0 or smth, or you just happened to get 110 on the day where half the wqs are AP.
    Not really.

If you level quickly with a balance of quests and dungeons, use your AK20 boost item as soon as you hit 110 and then finish your Loremaster chains you can gain a huge amount of AP without even doing any level 110 group content.

I slacked on the Suramar quest lines early in Legion so got to complete them with AK25, holy Hell that was a lot of AP. Single quest rewards granting +125,000-300,000 AP... mmm, mmmmmmm.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Not really.

If you level quickly with a balance of quests and dungeons, use your AK20 boost item as soon as you hit 110 and then finish your Loremaster chains you can gain a huge amount of AP without even doing any level 110 group content.

I slacked on the Suramar quest lines early in Legion so got to complete them with AK25, holy Hell that was a lot of AP. Single quest rewards granting +125,000-300,000 AP... mmm, mmmmmmm.
    I meant 30 on the afternoon you get to 110. Unless you purposely set it up so you get 110 and you can turn up huge ap rewarding quests, it'll take a bit longer than that And yeah I'm putting off completing Suramar on that alt too so I can use that sweet AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    It is pointless for you to fill the next 20 traits now, since in a month you will have them handed to you anyway.
    Just fill offspecs to 35 and after that alts.
    This is wrong. If you want more AP in 7.2 for your main spec to be returned and therefore have more to spend on your main specs new traits then you need to keep pumping them into your main until 54. Otherwise all that AP you put into offspecs before hand stays there and is not refunded for your main spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argenon View Post
    This is wrong. If you want more AP in 7.2 for your main spec to be returned and therefore have more to spend on your main specs new traits then you need to keep pumping them into your main until 54. Otherwise all that AP you put into offspecs before hand stays there and is not refunded for your main spec.
    The AP returned will be rather minimal, though. We will go from AK 25 to AK 40 in 7.2 and that will take some time. The new trait AP costs have been tuned accordingly.

So yeah, there is SOME benefit to it, but it is much better to just wait it out until AK 40 and fill the traits more efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    The AP returned will be rather minimal, though. We will go from AK 25 to AK 40 in 7.2 and that will take some time. The new trait AP costs have been tuned accordingly.

So yeah, there is SOME benefit to it, but it is much better to just wait it out until AK 40 and fill the traits more efficiently.
    Well would you rather get some in return or none? Some sounds better than me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    No you don't
    Nevermind.. Apperently I am blind.
    Last edited by DanThePaladin; 2017-03-02 at 08:52 PM. Reason: im blind

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    I meant 30 on the afternoon you get to 110. Unless you purposely set it up so you get 110 and you can turn up huge ap rewarding quests, it'll take a bit longer than that And yeah I'm putting off completing Suramar on that alt too so I can use that sweet AP.
    New PTR build.
    By the time we can send AK 45 to alts 14.860.000% , we probably get instant ALL(multiple) weapons to 35 in 1 day.

We know post-AP35 will change but I think 1-35 cost remains the same , a mere 5-ish million.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-02 at 09:44 PM.