Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The failing New York Times gets a sub spike whenever Trump tweetblasts them

New York Times editor: Trump tweets 'wildly' boost subscriptions

President Trump's attacks on the media are the "best thing" to happen to New York Times subscriptions, the newspaper's editor says.
    Times executive editor Dean Baquet was asked by CNN's Brian Stelter on "Reliable Sources" on Sunday about how Trump has affected readership.
    "Every time he tweets, it drives subscriptions wildly," Baquet said.

Trump has made the Times a frequent target of his criticisms. On Sunday, Trump tweeted about an advertisement the newspaper will air during the Oscars -- its first television ad in seven years.
    "For first time the failing @nytimes will take an ad (a bad one) to help save its failing reputation," Trump tweeted. "Try reporting accurately & fairly!"

Trump has in the past slammed the Times and said it is losing "thousands of subscribers," a claim the Times has repeatedly said is not true.
    Baquet said on Sunday that despite the president's attacks, the newspaper's mission is now "clearer than it's ever been."
    "I think what's happened in the last couple months, I have to say, has been tremendous for news organizations," he said. "We're covering a dramatic revolution in government and how the country is governed."
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/26/medi...ons/index.html

Incidentally, its stock has shot up since election day and is near its highest level since the GFC.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/16/medi...tweets/?iid=EL

https://www.google.com/finance?q=nyt...IIvo0gT6m5moDA

Is this entire Trump Administration circus really a ruse to fund the mainstream media? Get your tinfoil hats out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Plot twist: Trump is an investor in the New York Times and is doing this to raise stock value.

Deleted
    "I have so much power just in my voice. I keep saying the word and they'll be bankrupt."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Plot twist: Trump is an investor in the New York Times and is doing this to raise stock value.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least, after all we don't know what he's invested in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as the majority of America dislikes Trump, I could see a "Trump hates this!" seal of approval being a pretty high selling point.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me in the least, after all we don't know what he's invested in.
    The real reason he won't release his returns revealed at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Seeing as the majority of America dislikes Trump, I could see a "Trump hates this!" seal of approval being a pretty high selling point.
    Source?

I dislike Trump but you sure the majority hate him?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The real reason he won't release his returns revealed at last.
    That's probably the ties to Russia, actually. And the fact that he's likely not worth nearly as much as he claims. Gotta prop up his ego, you know! It's very fragile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Source?

Well his approval ratings are dismal and he lost the popular vote, so I just kind of extrapolated from that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Source?

Here's 538's meta-analysis of a variety of polls:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ps-popularity/

Disapprove outweighs approve pretty consistently. It's also historically low, generally speaking even very partisan Presidents do a lot of work to repair the damage of the campaign and earn goodwill, whereas Trump has amplified his divise invective and appeals to his own fanatical base even after taking power - this is likely the reason for the sharp divide.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7586931.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Here's 538's meta-analysis of a variety of polls:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ps-popularity/

Disapprove outweighs approve pretty consistently. It's also historically low, generally speaking even very partisan Presidents do a lot of work to repair the damage of the campaign and earn goodwill, whereas Trump has amplified his divise invective and appeals to his own fanatical base even after taking power - this is likely the reason for the sharp divide.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7586931.html
    Incoming bullshit "polls are bullshit" argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't pay any attention to the NYT until last year.

Thanks Donnie!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    "They didn't poll me"

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    Polls are bullshit bullshit is bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Trump has a record high approval rating at this point in his first term....among republicans at 84%. He also has a record low approval approval rating at the point in his first term among democrats.

Effectively, all republicans approve and all democrats disapprove. Considering republicans are much more likely to vote than democrats, he can win re-election under this setup. He can't get any worse among democrats, so one option is simply to keep the republicans energized.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

so he is fixing the economy.. all you naysayers...

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Effectively, all republicans approve and all democrats disapprove. Considering republicans are much more likely to vote than democrats, he can win re-election under this setup. He can't get any worse among democrats, so one option is simply to keep the republicans energized.
    Is that true? Or is it that people who vote Republican are more likely to identify as such?

For example, in my super-libtard crowd, nobody that I know of identifies as Democrat.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Is that true? Or is it that people who vote Republican are more likely to identify as such?

For example, in my super-libtard crowd, nobody that I know of identifies as Democrat.
    From what I've heard, Republicans tend to win more when voter turnout is low. A higher % of Republicans vote than Democrats, but Democrats don't vote as often. I'm not sure how true this is though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Trump's Master Plan all along:
    Step 1: Run for president with no clue wtf you're doing.
    Step 2: Realise that all these media outlets don't like you and are getting spikes in viewship and subs whenever you speak.
    Step 3: Immediately invest in all of the media as a "secret" stakeholder and handwave showing your tax returns so you can keep the scheme underwraps.
    Step 4: Win the presidency still without a clue wtf you're doing but oh well better go with all the shit you stirred.
    Step 5: Boost media sales whilst claiming Fake News and Alternate Facts as protesters do the opposite and flock to these outlets for sources. Just as planned!
    Step 6: ???
    Step 7: Last four years as a president getting cock blocked on all your executive orders or impeached after one and half, lol doesn't matter made bank.
    Step 8: Profit and lol.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Newspapers are obsolete dinosaurs and are dying. This was happening long before Trump came around. The minor up and down blips should be ignored, pay attention to the long term trend.

The NYT specifically has been laying off many people right and left the last few years and cutting costs as their ad venue and circulation fall, just like pretty much every other major newspaper around the US.

The only thing that happens when Trump tweets is every liberal on twitter tries to get in the top 50 tweets so they can virtue signal to the very few actual people following them and the bot accounts they paid for its really very sad actually .