Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They better be chocolate chip. I wanna make desert pizzas!

Cream cheese and sugar whipped together into icing. Put onto the flat side of a cookie. Then a sliced strawberry on top. Best desert ever

Horrible phone auto correct. Dessert....
    Why make dessert pizza when you can buy it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Applications usually take a few months out of necessity between original submission and response.
    Thats some proper FBI/NASA/CIA investigating you guys do.
    You must have missed some things in your last round.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Why make dessert pizza when you can buy it?
    ehhhh that looks gross.... nah cream cheese icing with strawberries
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hubbah01 View Post
    Thats some proper FBI/NASA/CIA investigating you guys do.
    You must have missed some things in your last round.
    :P

To be clear, I'm not saying we send three months estalking people's posting history. I'm saying the total process takes several months between when you apply and when you hear back. There are a lot of things that contribute to that time frame. A lot of people hope to hear back right away and I'm just warning folks that doesn't happen. This is especially true if you apply outside of a recruitment wave (btw dudes we do accept apps all the time - response time is just slower if you're not in a wave where we're processing a bunch of 'em)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    :P

To be clear, I'm not saying we send three months estalking people's posting history. I'm saying the total process takes several months between when you apply and when you hear back. There are a lot of things that contribute to that time frame. A lot of people hope to hear back right away and I'm just warning folks that doesn't happen. This is especially true if you apply outside of a recruitment wave (btw dudes we do accept apps all the time - response time is just slower if you're not in a wave where we're processing a bunch of 'em)
    wait you're not going to read all 6.1k+ of my posts?
    or is it more that your little dino arms make going through applications take longer?
    i mean if i had little trex arms i would take a few months to go through applications too
    ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Good luck to all who apply. I would. BUt doubt they would want me.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    MMO-Champion Forum Moderator Recruitment

We’re looking for dedicated MMO-Champion users to help moderate our site forums. Mods ensure that forum posts meet site guidelines, and they help to protect users from harassment. If you’re interested in joining our moderation team, please review the requirements below.

Before applying, please make sure:

• You plan to stay active. We’re looking for passionate individuals who plan to stick around for awhile.
    • You can access IRC. Our moderators uses IRC to keep in touch, and it’s imperative that you use it for team communication. Never used IRC before? We can help you set it up!
    • You're a quality poster. Please be an active, meaningful contributor that’s familiar with MMO-Champion’s forum climate and rules. Rest assured - we’ll thoroughly review your forum activity and post frequency.

Meet all of the above guidelines? Great! Use this simple form to apply. Your application will be listed for review, and our lovely Scrapbot will PM you if you’re refused or accepted. If you’re accepted, we’ll reach out with more information - and cake cookies.

Have any additional questions about the application process? Please post them in the thread below!
    I post relevant viewpoints based on the forums I monitor. As a moderator I would of course continue to do so but approach other posters from a neutral stance, not try to enforce my viewpoints on them with the liberal application of scrapbot to those who disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

eh. again rigged in favor of those who post needless blabber just to up their post count.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    eh. again rigged in favor of those who post needless blabber just to up their post count.
    You need at most a hundred posts, bro. You can get half of that by tossing the salad of a tennisace thread for a few pages, or crusading for buffs on the class boards.

The only forum that you would want to avoid for the purpose of getting your post count up would be Fun Stuff, which happens to be the best section on the website but also one of the least active, since apparently people would rather grind their post total up like a lizard in heat than play games where their submissions aren't counted.

But yeah, that aside, it would be quite surprising to find out that this is a major factor at any point in the selection process.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have 10 years of experience as community manager in another huge forum but I don't have enough posts here to apply for this (sadwalk.gif)

Applications take a few months? Thats awful. If a lot of weight is given to posting history and interaction you have ample evidence of that without waiting months.

Are you secretly owned by a bad government department? Its the only reason I can fathom for those lead times.

Regardless, good luck to those that apply, I don't think you have a particularly high bar to cross ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Applications take a few months? Thats awful. If a lot of weight is given to posting history and interaction you have ample evidence of that without waiting months.
    I know that seems odd, but it's also important to gauge whether or not someone is actually committed. We've had people apply, post a lot in a few days, then vanish for a few weeks. By taking time to watch activity (and wait for enough people to apply), we can be sure we bring on relatively active people.

The actual commitment of your time is pretty low per day.

7+ Year Old Account
    My heart said, "oh this sounds cool!"

Then my brain said, "yeah, but you're kind of a sarcastic ass."

Pretty cool of mmo-c to make this so public, though.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

15+ Year Old Account
    Any certain forums need more moderators or?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Are you guys still fast-tracking brainless Canadian SJWs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    It really needs less moderators. Of the dozen or so forums I have contributed seriously to over the years this one has by far the worst moderation of anything I've ever witnessed.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Please stay on topic. If you want someone to apply to be a moderator, PM them.
    Can I ask how you got diagonal, upside down text over your avatar

Impressive, because I can highlight it, and it's not part of the avatar photo! /ponder /boggle

.. If you ever have a WoW Legacy forum, I'm interested :P The forum would be so clean, someone could spit on it and it would shine brighter than the sun; fade and be somehow more perfect.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2017-03-06 at 04:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

Are you secretly owned by a bad government department? Its the only reason I can fathom for those lead times.
    No, we're a bunch of volunteers that don't always have the availability that lends itself to maximum efficiency :P

The wait time isn't arbitrary. We leave recruitment open for awhile to collect as many good candidates as we can, and then each app has to go through review by several different groups of people, two of which consist of volunteers that aren't necessarily always around and able to respond immediately and need to be given more than a couple days. We also like a little bit of an intentional wait because then it allows us to weed out the people that post a lot just to get an application in and then promptly disappear (if we didn't get dozens of these every recruitment wave, it wouldn't be a big deal but we do).

I don't really think of any situations in which someone would urgently need to be a moderator and it's not like this is a job where people are anxious for a paycheque, so I don't really think it puts anyone out.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    We will take quality people for anywhere but class forums and GenOT probably can use people the most. We'd rather people apply to forums they enjoy and participate in regularly though rather than applying based on our needs since that has better odds of lasting.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I know that seems odd, but it's also important to gauge whether or not someone is actually committed. We've had people apply, post a lot in a few days, then vanish for a few weeks. By taking time to watch activity (and wait for enough people to apply), we can be sure we bring on relatively active people.

The actual commitment of your time is pretty low per day.
    ok darsithis, just like, i my self applied, bt most of time i do is read posts, but i try to participate if i know what is going on on the thread. is this a problem?

because since my post count is low, and i was only able to apply to one forum, i read mmoc all day, at least 4 times a day

10+ Year Old Account
    I was contemplating about signing up, hoping to get better discussions in GenOT rather than ping-ponging stuff that is irrelevant at it's core. Sadly I'm nowhere near the amount of posts/month required, so that was a quick elimination x).

The most important requirement is to be a leftist nut.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-03-06 at 09:21 PM.