Thread: 2024 MLB thread

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I didn't know the rockies fell far enough to make the dbags be buyers.
    4th best record in baseball but they've lost 5 straight and seem destined to not win the division, need to make some kind of move, and if JD Martinez clubs Kyle Freeland in the WC game then it was worth it.

Just saw that Todd Frazier got pulled from the White Sox lineup, possibly about to move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    4th best record in baseball but they've lost 5 straight and seem destined to not win the division, need to make some kind of move, and if JD Martinez clubs Kyle Freeland in the WC game then it was worth it.

Just saw that Todd Frazier got pulled from the White Sox lineup, possibly about to move.
    Maybe I should look at standings more often. If the mariners were good I'd pay more attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Yankees getting Frazier, Tommy Kahnle, and David Robertson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clippard went to Chicago as part of that deal, 6th team in the last 4 years, third straight year he's been dealt.

Clippard went to Chicago as part of that deal, 6th team in the last 4 years, third straight year he's been dealt.
    I think they said the White Sox took him only to offset some of the salaries going the other way, not that they wanted him. I guess he could help the Sox and their tanking, put him in any close game. They might be able to pass the Giants for the #2 pick, but I doubt they'll catch the Phillies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck, Aaron Judge hit a ball so hard it just about left Safeco and broke statcast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kershaw & Strasburg left their starts early with injuries...

Every team looking to sell a starting pitcher before the deadline probably jizzed their pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid game it was reported that the Mariners signed Danny Espinosa, which I would say why the fuck.... Then Taylor Motter pinch running for Nelson Cruz in the 9th gets picked off instantly, costing the Mariners a run. The worst pickoff I've seen since maybe Cano got picked off while he was looking in the stands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad base running has been the Dodgers' hallmark for the last decade, I don't know how Davey Lopes kept his sanity.

I was kidding about the White Sox taking Clippard and using him in close games to help them tank, except it's what's actually happening. He's been in 2 games and has given up the walk-off hit in both of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cody Bellinger has 15 HR in the 7th inning or later.

Wow.

Royals pushing the chips to the center of the table. picked up some serviceable arms to hopefully do better in the 5th starters spot and some help in the pen. didn't have to give up much either. 6th straight win in extras tonight. going to be a good 2nd half of baseball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yu Darvish must be getting distracted by trade talk because the Marlins just fucking wrecked him. Dee Gordon led the game off with his first homer of the year, and it just got worse from then on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yu Darvish must be getting distracted by trade talk because the Marlins just fucking wrecked him. Dee Gordon led the game off with his first homer of the year, and it just got worse from then on.
    and this happened:

https://twitter.com/atf13atf/status/890418118128013313

10+ Year Old Account
    Everybody loves Adrian Beltre, everybody hates umpires. This event should make it obvious why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everybody loves Adrian Beltre, everybody hates umpires. This event should make it obvious why.
    Yeah, the league isn't doing themselves any favors by not getting the umpires under control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jerry Dipoto pretty much saying they aren't in the run for Gray or Verlander, if there was a shot at the latter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope the Dodgers don't give up a real prospect for Darvish, not for a rental. There are already guys on the roster that can give up 10 runs to Miami if they tried hard enough.

At least Gray has team control beyond this season, same with Britton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Texans don't sound like they wana move Darvish. As much as I would want Gray, no bueno trading in the division unless its a multi team deal.

Mitch Haniger had an awesome start, right in line with Aaron Judge at the time. Then Haniger got hurt for a month and a half and has struggled since. Today DeGrom had a fastball get away from him and nail Haniger right in the mouth. No fractures or broken teeth, but he has a severe laceration that will require plastic surgery. Hopefully hes back by September... even if he gotta wear some kinda Bane mask or something.

Didn't see it live, as I was at work. But the sound the ball made when it hit him made me thought it was gonna be much more severe than lacerations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Joc Pederson & Jason Heyward have used a helmet with a flap protecting the mouth, or there's the cage like Stanton's.

Yea, I remember that guy Haniger, he got off to the hot start, got hurt, and then Gamel came out of nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dodgers fill their primary need, a lefty reliever, not a lot of action today, asking price was too high for some of the available players probably.

I see Dustin Fowler was part of the Sonny Gray deal, that's tough to get injured in your Yankee debut and then traded.