Thread: 2024 MLB thread

Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Real bummer to see Howie Kendrick injure his Achilles, and I saw Harper take a tumble in the outfield too, bad weather must've beat up that poor field. I do see the new kid they called up immediately homered, so that's good.

10+ Year Old Account
    mariners tied for first place picking on some bottom feeders. next 3 weeks will really show what this team is though. astros, angels, 2 series with the red sox, yankees.... yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Dodgers are gonna continue their division winning streak its gonna be because the rest of the division is crap this year. Just clobbered the Rockies out of 1st place and the Dodgers have the best run differential in the West, so I'm hoping things keep trending the way they have lately and we come out on top.

Also Matt Kemp is leading the league in hitting WTFLOL I doubt he can keep that up but its nice to see him do well.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post

Also Matt Kemp is leading the league in hitting WTFLOL I doubt he can keep that up but its nice to see him do well.
    Kemp did similarly last year too. Was pretty awesome in April and May, then fell off a cliff. Seems like he's still a good hitter when he's actually healthy, but that doesn't last very long, and he doesn't quite get injured enough to go on the DL, just nagging stuff that saps his ability so he keeps playing and kills whatever value he had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its like the mariners are fucking allergic to not blowing out these shitty teams and winning by one score. If they'd actually hold on to these multi run leads they'd be taken more seriously with a better run differential. Thats why I'm not getting too hyped for the late season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohtani is down with a UCL which bodes well for Seattle.

I'd take having 40 wins vs. having to climb back from an early hole like the ones the Dodgers dug themselves into.

Dodgers are scraping by with pitchers, used 9 in a 9 inning game when the starter got scratched due to injury and they had used 8 pitchers the day before. But the bats are alive, Bellinger has homered in 4 straight and Joc Pederson has 6 HR in the last 6 games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohtani has been struggling the past month and the angels are capable of playing good ball still. The good news for mariners is they're shrugging off TJ surgery so that means the injury is going to pop up again shortly after he returns. Remember the reports shortly after he signed with the angels? yeaah

Mariners basically decided not to go on a stupid losing streak in April and it prevented them from digging themselves the same hole the dodgers are trying to do. Also helps having a super easy first half schedule.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typical Angels when Trout can homer twice and steal one defensively and they still lose.

Miguel Cabrera is done for the year with a bicep tendon rupture, lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like its the Mariners vs the Trouts in this series. Hes fucking homered twice in both of these games

Did feel good to watch Diaz strike him out to end the game though.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how Seattle managed to turn that 6 run disaster inning around, but they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seager has been fucking awful this series though. I am more sympathetic about Segura's errors in the inning because hes still delivering at the plate.

Baltimore is really having a season for the ages. Haven't cracked 20 wins yet, benching their $161m first baseman, already interviewing for front office candidates. Even Miami have a better record, who before the season looked to be awful.

And the Angels seem to be diving pretty hard since Ohtani got hurt. Just put 4 guys on the DL a few days ago. If I remember correctly, they had a ~50% shot of making the playoffs before the series with the Mariners, they left that series with ~18% shot.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only Seattle can lose a game after being up by 4+ runs twice in the same game.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, between the pitching shitting the bed for 5 games and segura likely having mrsa, the last few games have really been shit. if we lose more than 1 game to baltimore then I will hit the panic button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clayton's back! Hopefully he can make it through a whole start, and then make two consecutive starts.

I haven't seen DeGrom in a while, he cut his hair, he doesn't look like a spaniel any more, its weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was reading an article about Yu Darvish, I missed where the Cubs signed him to a 6 year 130m dollar deal this winter. For a 31 year old pitcher...

10+ Year Old Account
    Made it to a mariners game yesterday. Only wanted 3 things, A bobble James Paxton bobble head, hear Nelson Cruz hit a home run, and a win. Got 2 of those things. Even on a fly out the sound of Cruz hitting a baseball is unreal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Manny Machado trade is now a done deal, gave up a lot to get him, and not sure how to fit him in if he gets extended, but there's a spot for him now and his production is needed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Manny Machado trade is now a done deal, gave up a lot to get him, and not sure how to fit him in if he gets extended, but there's a spot for him now and his production is needed.
    I was wondering what you would think about this trade. It potentially gives the Dodgers an infield like we haven't seen since Garvey, Lopes, Cey and Russell. The only think that worries me about Machado is his habit of getting into fights with umps and players, but maybe the switch to the national league will help. And Puig has had his discipline issues and seems to have them straightened out.
    But it seems like the Dodgers picked Machado up during a career year. Like you said, it'll be interesting to see how Seager is doing next year and what happens there. Not that that is a bad problem to have.
    I really hope they pick up some relievers since that seems to be the weak spot, like it seems to be every year. Jansen sadly isn't himself this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodstripes View Post
    I was wondering what you would think about this trade. It potentially gives the Dodgers an infield like we haven't seen since Garvey, Lopes, Cey and Russell. The only think that worries me about Machado is his habit of getting into fights with umps and players, but maybe the switch to the national league will help. And Puig has had his discipline issues and seems to have them straightened out.
    But it seems like the Dodgers picked Machado up during a career year. Like you said, it'll be interesting to see how Seager is doing next year and what happens there. Not that that is a bad problem to have.
    I really hope they pick up some relievers since that seems to be the weak spot, like it seems to be every year. Jansen sadly isn't himself this season.
    Its Mannywood Jr. hopefully. I do like when he mentions how much his wife loves LA and he took #8 because he's a Kobe fan, makes me think this could be an audition before a new contract and he starts out with some interest in being here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Astros trading for Osuna makes me dislike them even more, especially because they have... or had a zero tolerance policy. He shouldn't be allowed to play in the postseason.