Thread: 2020 MLB thread

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Former player Johnny Damon was arrested for drunk driving along with his wife last month. They actually scuffle with the officer at one point. They're so sloshed they aren't even capable of following the officer's simple orders like "Stay in the car". Either that, or they're just insanely entitled assholes who always act that way.

Here is the video of the arrest:

Some choice quotes from the video:

"I know I'm being targeted because I'm a Trump supporter."

"Look at my license plate, Blue Lives Matter."

"She's a tough girl, she fights all the time." (Johnny about his wife)

"I would be cuz I'm a big boy" (in response to the officer asking him if he is willing to do a field sobriety test)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...es-anti-shift/

MLB testing no shifting.. Not sure I like it. Would make the game more static than it already is.

Putting an infielder in shallow right is a bit much, and they also kill the rare 4 outfielders scenario. Still they will have the shift and play the 2B as deep as possible. Collateral damage to corner infielders who can do less to anticipate bunts as well. Its the one good thing about the partnership with minor league baseball that they can experiment at different levels and not subject everyone to poorly thought-out rule changes.
    /s

Eloy Jimenez injured himself again trying to field and is now out for pretty much the whole season (he jumped into the wall on a ball that cleared the fence by about 10 feet). It's the 4th time in 3 years he's injured himself while fielding.

Remember when the White Sox were bullied by fans and the media into calling him up despite saying he needed to work on his defense?

The White Sox pretty much have no backups for the position either. They're trying Andrew Vaughan there who's never played left and hasn't played above A ball (he was going to start as the DH this season).
    Last edited by Nellise; 2021-03-25 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Eloy Jimenez injured himself again trying to field and is now out for pretty much the whole season (he jumped into the wall on a ball that cleared the fence by about 10 feet). It's the 4th time in 3 years he's injured himself while fielding.

Remember when the White Sox were bullied by fans and the media into calling him up despite saying he needed to work on his defense?

The White Sox pretty much have no backups for the position either. They're trying Andrew Vaughan there who's never played left and hasn't played above A ball (he was going to start as the DH this season).
    Lmao, its spring training. No point in actually trying for a ball way over the fence.

Atlanta loses the MLB All-Star game, nice going Georgia you shithole.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Given the number of states pushing these voter suppression laws right now, MLB is going to have to be extra careful of where they move the game to to avoid the same situation.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

Are you calling for moving the NBA All-Star Game from Ohio and Indiana yet? If not they should be on the same grounds as the MLB in Georiga.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Are you calling for moving the NBA All-Star Game from Ohio and Indiana yet? If not they should be on the same grounds as the MLB in Georiga.
    I don't pay any attention to the NBA, but I'm sure you can discuss it in the appropriate thread.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Given the number of states pushing these voter suppression laws right now, MLB is going to have to be extra careful of where they move the game to to avoid the same situation.
    Seattle seems like a safe choice then.

Titan
    Well it's been 31 years since the last time Toronto hosted the MLB All Star Game. Considering the team is up and coming with a lot of great young talent as well as George Springer on the roster, I'd personally love to see it here. But I don't see that happening this year in light of the pandemic. Maybe in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well it's been 31 years since the last time Toronto hosted the MLB All Star Game. Considering the team is up and coming with a lot of great young talent as well as George Springer on the roster, I'd personally love to see it here. But I don't see that happening this year in light of the pandemic. Maybe in 2022.
    2022 is already spoken for.
    /s

Welp Paxton lasted 24 pitches. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Welp Paxton lasted 24 pitches. Nice.
    I think Felix is a free agent.
    /s

I think Felix is a free agent.
    They were trying to get him to become a reliever before he declined. Would be awkward even if he could pitch at a majors level lol.

The new extra inning rules need to be 86'd asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    The new extra inning rules need to be 86'd asap.
    I've been of the opinion that its a good method for shortening games, but it doesn't necessarily have to happen right in the 10th and it could be beneficial to push it back a couple innings, that way there is some normal extra innings, and then things speed up.

Granted I'm not worried about extra innings so much because we have extra starters hiding in our bullpen.

Oh and some former Mariner greats had cameos at the Dodgers ring ceremony because Dodger players got personalized messages from their favorite players growing up. Griffey did an impression of the Joe Kelly face, and Ichiro was on camera in his Mariners uniform telling Rios, in spanish, to fork over his ring since Ichiro never got one.
    Last edited by draynay; 2021-04-10 at 11:18 PM.
    /s

I've been of the opinion that its a good method for shortening games, but it doesn't necessarily have to happen right in the 10th and it could be beneficial to push it back a couple innings, that way there is some normal extra innings, and then things speed up.

Granted I'm not worried about extra innings so much because we have extra starters hiding in our bullpen.

Oh and some former Mariner greats had cameos at the Dodgers ring ceremony because Dodger players got personalized messages from their favorite players growing up. Griffey did an impression of the Joe Kelly face, and Ichiro was on camera in his Mariners uniform telling Rios, in spanish, to fork over his ring since Ichiro never got one.
    Yeah thats exactly my thought. Past like the 13th? Sure. Not in the 10th or 11th.

I also saw that clip of Ichiro. Was funny.

Red Sox have surprised me so far. Pitching has been better than expected
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rulk

That was a cheap way to lose a perfect game for Rodon, hitting a guy on the back foot that didn't move with a slider. Glad he got the no-hitter, but I'm guessing he'll be hurt within a month as he was way overthrowing during the last inning.