Thread: 2024 MLB thread

Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Atlanta loses the MLB All-Star game, nice going Georgia you shithole.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Atlanta loses the MLB All-Star game, nice going Georgia you shithole.
    Are you calling for moving the NBA All-Star Game from Ohio and Indiana yet? If not they should be on the same grounds as the MLB in Georiga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Are you calling for moving the NBA All-Star Game from Ohio and Indiana yet? If not they should be on the same grounds as the MLB in Georiga.
    I don't pay any attention to the NBA, but I'm sure you can discuss it in the appropriate thread.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Given the number of states pushing these voter suppression laws right now, MLB is going to have to be extra careful of where they move the game to to avoid the same situation.
    Seattle seems like a safe choice then.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's been 31 years since the last time Toronto hosted the MLB All Star Game. Considering the team is up and coming with a lot of great young talent as well as George Springer on the roster, I'd personally love to see it here. But I don't see that happening this year in light of the pandemic. Maybe in 2022.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well it's been 31 years since the last time Toronto hosted the MLB All Star Game. Considering the team is up and coming with a lot of great young talent as well as George Springer on the roster, I'd personally love to see it here. But I don't see that happening this year in light of the pandemic. Maybe in 2022.
    2022 is already spoken for.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp Paxton lasted 24 pitches. Nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Welp Paxton lasted 24 pitches. Nice.
    I think Felix is a free agent.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Felix is a free agent.
    They were trying to get him to become a reliever before he declined. Would be awkward even if he could pitch at a majors level lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new extra inning rules need to be 86'd asap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    The new extra inning rules need to be 86'd asap.
    I've been of the opinion that its a good method for shortening games, but it doesn't necessarily have to happen right in the 10th and it could be beneficial to push it back a couple innings, that way there is some normal extra innings, and then things speed up.

Granted I'm not worried about extra innings so much because we have extra starters hiding in our bullpen.

Oh and some former Mariner greats had cameos at the Dodgers ring ceremony because Dodger players got personalized messages from their favorite players growing up. Griffey did an impression of the Joe Kelly face, and Ichiro was on camera in his Mariners uniform telling Rios, in spanish, to fork over his ring since Ichiro never got one.
    Last edited by draynay; 2021-04-10 at 11:18 PM.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been of the opinion that its a good method for shortening games, but it doesn't necessarily have to happen right in the 10th and it could be beneficial to push it back a couple innings, that way there is some normal extra innings, and then things speed up.

Granted I'm not worried about extra innings so much because we have extra starters hiding in our bullpen.

Oh and some former Mariner greats had cameos at the Dodgers ring ceremony because Dodger players got personalized messages from their favorite players growing up. Griffey did an impression of the Joe Kelly face, and Ichiro was on camera in his Mariners uniform telling Rios, in spanish, to fork over his ring since Ichiro never got one.
    Yeah thats exactly my thought. Past like the 13th? Sure. Not in the 10th or 11th.

I also saw that clip of Ichiro. Was funny.

Red Sox have surprised me so far. Pitching has been better than expected
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

That was a cheap way to lose a perfect game for Rodon, hitting a guy on the back foot that didn't move with a slider. Glad he got the no-hitter, but I'm guessing he'll be hurt within a month as he was way overthrowing during the last inning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    That was a cheap way to lose a perfect game for Rodon, hitting a guy on the back foot that didn't move with a slider. Glad he got the no-hitter, but I'm guessing he'll be hurt within a month as he was way overthrowing during the last inning.
    The Dodgers have had some no-hitters into the 6th-7th innings and I haven't been too disappointed to see them go for this reason. Obviously its great to get them, but the toll on the pitcher can be pretty high. Hopefully he's fine.
    /s

The Dodgers have had some no-hitters into the 6th-7th innings and I haven't been too disappointed to see them go for this reason. Obviously its great to get them, but the toll on the pitcher can be pretty high. Hopefully he's fine.
    He didn't have a crazy number of pitches, I think it was 112, so that wasn't too bad. What's more worrying is his last two fastballs were 98mph and then 99 when he started the game in the low 90s. Rodon does have a history of throwing harder as games go on, but nothing like that, so I'm afraid he was pushing himself too hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the privilege of going to a mariners game today. It was honestly one of the best pro sporting events I've attended. Nobody to block your view around you. Every other urinal was blocked off so you won't get the creepers that go next to you. The concourse had "lanes" in one direction to encourage social distancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So MLB took efforts to "deaden" the ball and reduce home runs, and the result at the end of April is some of the lowest offensive numbers we've seen since 1968.

Games are so low scoring that the biggest difference between the teams, at least in the games I've watched, is how umpire incompetence influences the game.

Its not just LA, deGrom has allowed 2 ER in 5 starts and has a 2-2 record. He always gets crummy run support, but that's nuts.

Baseball is not putting out a very entertaining product right now IMHO. I think they know what the problems are, the solutions are just being worked on too slowly - minor league baseball is going to experiment with limits on infield shifts, larger bases, automated ball/strike systems, reduced throws to first, etc.. Its going to take some time to sort out how all those rule changes impact the game, and even then, if they implement things as clumsily as they have the change to the baseball, any margin for optimism quickly goes away.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest thing I notice is too many players are trying to swing for the fences thinking we still have the juiced ball. A lot of pitchers are getting Felix Hernandez'd right now. Most of the pace of play changes the MLB has implemented has severely changed the fun of the game for me as a viewer. I do want the robo zone and limited shifts. You rarely see a team running out of mound visits in the season now that Mike Scioscia is gone. I didn't even see the pitch timer clock working at T-Mobile when I went there 2 weeks ago. 2nd base runner in extras is dumb as discussed before. Minimum batters faced is silly. If a manager wants to blow through a bullpen in an early season game then let them. Not a big fan of the 7 inning double headers so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/co...rageous_blown/

Angel Hernandez is the worst. Just mind boggling hes still an ump even after filing a lawsuit against the MLB.