Thread: 2024 MLB thread

Page 1 of 48
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

2024 MLB thread

Welcome to the MLB Thread!

Time for the 2024 season! New season posts start: here!

Old News:

Here we go again ladies and gentlemen, it's time for Spring Training and the start of the 2017 MLB season to see who will follow up the 2016 World Series champions the Chicago Cubs.

Enjoy the ride!

P.S. Hopefully the Red Sox, Mookie Betts for MVP

Old thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Thread/page84
    Last edited by xskarma; 2024-03-22 at 11:14 PM.

NL should be the Mets to lose, but ut oh, Wright and Duda both already hurt... FFS.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I am intrigued by the Jays' moves this offseason. I definitely feel like they were way too active pursuing Morales, and it fucked them big time. I would rather have EE over Bautista (we could have maybe even still had both), but I understand the move.

Still no everyday LF, which is a big problem. Pearce/Smoak platoon at 1B is a problem to - I would rather have Pearce just playing the position himself and Smoak traded/cut unless he magically learned how to hit a ball with movement this winter. Unless Martin has a return to form, we have a whole lot of money tied up in a sinking ship at catcher. Haven't looked at the advanced stat, but I'm pretty sure he was below average defensively too.

On the bright side, we have arguably the best SS/3B duo in the majors, last year's best rotation, and we brought in a couple veteran arms for the bullpen. Sounds like the Jays are going to hit less home runs, and need their pitching to be even better than last year. So.... good luck to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Felix Hernandez was hitting a blistering 93mph on his fastball yesterday. Hype. Sarcasm aside, Felix and Cruz both said they worked on a lot of training this offseason. It was pretty painful to watch Cruz in late September last year. Every time he swung it looked like his wrist was about to snap.

Segura also has me hyped.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    My totally unbiased prediction is that Rizzo, Bryant, and Schwarber finish 1, 2, 3 in MVP voting. Not sure on the order yet

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    My totally unbiased prediction is that Rizzo, Bryant, and Schwarber finish 1, 2, 3 in MVP voting. Not sure on the order yet

Unless Shwarber has a Bondsian type batting line, I think he'll have a hard time ever getting voted very high now that a lot of voters actually consider defense. Bryant and Rizzo are at least considered good defenders.

I'm guessing Harper, Bryant and Votto will be top 3 this year. Harper had to have been hurt most of the 2nd half of last season and Votto I doubt will have as poor a first 2 months again.

Weird, I have SynderGAWD, deGrom, Harvey, Matz and Familia finishing 1-5 in the Cy voting.... and of course, Yoenis the unanimous MVP with his triple crown and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dipoto trades away one of the last Jack Z. prospects for a AA starting pitcher from the Dodgers, a promising one at that. Plus it helps fill one of the biggest issues with the 2016 Mariners.

Price having a 2nd opinion on his elbow - not looking good. For Boston. Who will still probably be pretty good.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Price having a 2nd opinion on his elbow - not looking good. For Boston. Who will still probably be pretty good.
    A blessing in disguise for us Jays fans. Glad they didn't even consider signing him if he winds up needing Tommy John surgery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    A blessing in disguise for us Jays fans. Glad they didn't even consider signing him if he winds up needing Tommy John surgery.
    Well, you just have to worry about him until the post season.

Doesn't sound like its serious. 7-10 days treatment and rest.

there were some questions around the Royals offseason. sitting here at the end of spring training im having a good feeling about the chances of this team contending again this year for the AL central hopefully they can get over the issue they had with the Indians last year.

1998 Yankees vs. 2016 Cubs in a best of 7. Who wins?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I am intrigued by the Jays' moves this offseason. I definitely feel like they were way too active pursuing Morales, and it fucked them big time. I would rather have EE over Bautista (we could have maybe even still had both), but I understand the move.

Still no everyday LF, which is a big problem. Pearce/Smoak platoon at 1B is a problem to - I would rather have Pearce just playing the position himself and Smoak traded/cut unless he magically learned how to hit a ball with movement this winter. Unless Martin has a return to form, we have a whole lot of money tied up in a sinking ship at catcher. Haven't looked at the advanced stat, but I'm pretty sure he was below average defensively too.

On the bright side, we have arguably the best SS/3B duo in the majors, last year's best rotation, and we brought in a couple veteran arms for the bullpen. Sounds like the Jays are going to hit less home runs, and need their pitching to be even better than last year. So.... good luck to us.
    Salty is going to be a significant piece for us this year. I am glad Martin is going to be getting a lot more time off this season, should help his bat.

10+ Year Old Account

it begins! another year of injuries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    it begins! another year of injuries.
    Don't get me started, Dodgers always seem to have 11 starters and still end up promoting spot starters before the end of April.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smyly dead for 2 months with strained elbow flexor. Nothing on Kuma, who lasted 1 2/3 innings his last start and saw his velocity plummet after having a weird delivery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Opening day!
    Now I just have to wait until tomorrow for my Sox

- - - Updated - - -

Haha!
    Bumgarner has two HR...
    Not only does he lead pitchers, he leads MLB

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Now he just needs to pitch 9 innings every game.