Spriest Mythic Krosus Tips Requested - With Logs

Hello mmo community! Looking for some wise and/or bored raiders to assist me in figuring out ways this dps on my team can approve. We are getting Krosus pretty close (9%) with almost everyone alive at 5:30. I know everyone alive at 6:00 will likely be a kill for us but we are cutting it close so I am hoping you can identify how to "fix" our lower

Our spriests are doing great but seeking any maxing tips you can think of.

Character: Ante and Shaelpia (Shael is lagging behind Ante)
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...FkvX6#fight=32

Thank you in advance! Please try to keep toxicity down, I know we all have a lot we can improve on and improve we shall!

tl;dr answer...

1) Ante has the two best single-target DPS legendaries you can get and Shaelpia has 3rd and 5th (?) best.
    2) Ante has a maxed 54 artifact, Shaelpia is 50.
    3) Ante was targeted by orb of destruction twice (he's doing phenomenal given that fact) and Shaelpia was targeted three times.

They're both doing about as well as they could be given the situation. Shadow priest is not great for single-target.
    Last edited by akawhisp; 2017-03-01 at 09:38 PM.

you should really be looking at everyone below your priests except the boomy

Quote Originally Posted by acidtripss View Post
    you should really be looking at everyone below your priests except the boomy
    Please know that I am, as indicated in my original post. Posted for just about everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by akawhisp View Post
    tl;dr answer...

1) Ante has the two best single-target DPS legendaries you can get and Shaelpia has 3rd and 5th (?) best.
    2) Ante has a maxed 54 artifact, Shaelpia is 50.
    3) Ante was targeted by orb of destruction twice (he's doing phenomenal given that fact) and Shaelpia was targeted three times.

They're both doing about as well as they could be given the situation. Shadow priest is not great for single-target.
    As stated, our spriests are doing great, just posting for all in hopes of finding some more advanced tips. Thanks for responding though!

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    Please know that I am, as indicated in my original post. Posted for just about everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

As stated, our spriests are doing great, just posting for all in hopes of finding some more advanced tips. Thanks for responding though!
    There's no secret to playing any class, everything has been dumbed down over the years.

As others have stated, you should really be looking at the DPS that are equal/lower than your spriests, this is the worst fight for shadow and all orbs of destruction considered equal they should be at the bottom of the damage meter.
    Last edited by Spicymemer; 2017-03-02 at 12:38 AM.

Here are some tips from someone who has killed it twice (Dayspriest, Hyjal-US).

1) Track your haste percentage very carefully during the opener so that you switch from a 1vb + 2 filler cycle to a 1 vb + 1 filler cycle at the correct time. I line up cooldowns based on how much time is left on bloodlust but my rotation switch is determined by my haste % tracked via weak aura. I switch around 166% and last until 180-190%. (Edit: I should be switching earlier around 149-155%).

2) This should already be done by every ranged but move out of beams early. The beams always alternate so as soon as a beam goes off on the right side, I move there during my instant casts because that side will be safe next. Don't lose casts to last second movement.

3) Because the beams are so scripted, I can already tell from the first beam whether the side I soak during the first burning pitch will be safe. If first beam is on right, right side will be safe for the beam during the first pitch. If I'm not on the safe side, I immediate move to the safe side right after soaking. If first beam is on left, left side will be safe during the pitch.

4) Plan movement near the end when there are double beams. I called out my raid because melee and tanks have a tendency to move all the way to the corner even if beam is next. If it's two beams in a row, stay near the middle. Look 2 moves ahead on the DBM timers.

5) I noticed during one of the wipes that if I'm stacked with the group in a corner as orb goes on me, I could only move 2/3 of the way into the other corner and did way too much damage to the raid. So I stand 1/3 of the way along the diagonal before orb goes out. If orb is not on me, I run into the stack group (the same distance I would've ran anyways). If orb is on me, I got a head start on running into the opposite corner.

6) Plan out the second potion better. Obviously you lineup the 3rd (last) PI with second shadow fiend and try to stay in void form for as long as possible. It looked like Ante was already doing this but he potioned a little too late (4:31 instead of 4:20). The second potion should be used just as you're entering voidform. This will let you fit 4 seconds of voidbolt into the start of that 60 second potion window and give you enough time to fit in another 4s from when you enter voidform again.

7) I started using an encounter timer to coordinate my VE with healing CDs. It's easier than looking for the engage timer and counting backwards.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Dayoni; 2017-03-04 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Ran some calculations on void bolt cycles at high haste levels.

Deleted
    Hey fellas!

I have a couple of questions regarding timing of spells here.

First, what do you do in relation to the opener? My trouble is that my second MB comes in at 48 insanity, meaning I need to get a single global of Mind Flay in before I can cast eruption. That, however, means that I need to gamble a bit as to sides, because the first beam is cast just about the time of me being able to cast eruption. How do you guys go about that? So far I've gambled to one side, and if I got unlucky I delay casting eruption, which is annoying because of the ripple effect cooldown-wise.

Secondly, how do you go about PI here? Usually, when pulling with hero I try to line it up so that PI runs out the same time as hero, so that I'm sure my fiend gets both buffs for the full duration. However, that typically means I'm only able to get around 37 stacks, and I feel as though I could probably get a big higher if I delay PI a little bit. Is it worth it?

Cheers!

Deleted
    'If you have belt, neck or BElf'

You can get into vform and start spamming vbolts before the first beam.
    PI with 21s until first add soak.
    Disperse as you soak and roll the end of the first vform into dpsing the adds. 45s long or something.

Just a couple things I've noticed;

1. Neither priest has 4 set, beyond 3/10m the raid scales pretty high and you need everyone with tier bonus'

2. a lot of your raid isn't 54 yet - This is pretty important going on from trilliax, the entire last 7 are tuned to 54 traits damage and health pools.

3. your not using vantus runes? this is certainly the point that you start to.

Why are you asking for your shadow priests there are bloody plenty of people who should be asked for in these forums.Priests are doing well to kill that thing, compariong to others 900+ unable to breach 550k dps(which is pathetic)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.