Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    Have to search this one up. Pinkie Pie is allways worth it just for the LOLs.

This is the fun thing about Blizz Games, the references. Even after years and years of playing you missed at least 50.
    Even sells sweets http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Pink_Peony

Honestly, I wasn't thrilled about Orisa at first.

I expected Doomfist too much, so it's purely my fault. I got over hyped like most of the players.
    Her design also didn't appeal to me on first look, but then I started noticing small tidbits, like colors connected to Numbani,
    how Efi designed her.

And then I saw her eyes and how they change during gameplay. I was amazed at the amount of work Blizzards puts in the game.
    The eyes go X X when you hit her, she can be happy ^ ^ and so on.

Another thing was her kit. I thought it was a rehash from other heroes, and it is in a smaller scale. BUT she was created by Efi who's a kid
    and the abilities flow together so great.

21st March can't come fast enough. I'll buy skin and highlight intro as soon as she's on too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just tell me when she's gonna be released.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Quote Originally Posted by Black Icee View Post
    Just tell me when she's gonna be released.
    She gets released on Tuesday. I don't think I'm going to do comp that day because you're either going to get a very good Orisa, or a very terrible one because everyone and their mother is going to want to play her.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    She gets released on Tuesday. I don't think I'm going to do comp that day because you're either going to get a very good Orisa, or a very terrible one because everyone and their mother is going to want to play her.
    I feel you my dude.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Orisa Disabled for 1 week of Competitive Play

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    When patch 1.9 releases tomorrow, Orisa will not initially be available for Competitive Play. We want to give players some time to learn about and play Orisa before she's placed into the crucible of Competitive Play.

She'll still be immediately available in Quick Play, the Arcade (including custom games with the competitive ruleset), and Play vs. AI.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...3657091#post-1
    Last edited by t1saif; 2017-03-21 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    When patch 1.9 releases tomorrow, Orisa will not initially be available for Competitive Play. We want to give players some time to learn about and play Orisa before she's placed into the crucible of Competitive Play.

She'll still be immediately available in Quick Play, the Arcade (including custom games with the competitive ruleset), and Play vs. AI.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...3657091#post-1
    thank god for that... i was worried about that most.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Dammit. I was looking forward to spending the night 2 shotting them all with Widow. I'll get my chance in QP but doesn't mean as much

wait why is the patch tonight instead of the morning? wut
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's not live for EU yet. US always get their patches on Tuesdays

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Americans. Usually they go live 7pm UK time.

Imo after playing with her I think blizzard failed if they think they made an alternative anchor tank to rein.

Like her shield is way too small, takes too long to recharge and has horrible HP to compete with rein. They should of just made winston how he was in back in beta and turn orisa into something else.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Imo after playing with her I think blizzard failed if they think they made an alternative anchor tank to rein.

Like her shield is way too small, takes too long to recharge and has horrible HP to compete with rein. They should of just made winston how he was in back in beta and turn orisa into something else.
    Why didn´t you give your opinion to blizzard when she was on PTR then? Crying about something somebody did not participated is just.. ugh.

Tested her on the PTR and said blizzard what i think of her. At least the "unlimited Ammo" (200 shots per magazin) was removed by concerns of the community.

Even when her shield is not as big and powerful like reinhards is, she is made okay like she is now. Still, her Dmg-output could be lowered a littlebit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I raised my concerns on PTR, and copy pasted it into this thread. I don't think I saw a thread during 3 weeks of testing that said she was going to be a Reinhardt alternative; everyone said she couldn't function as that. Fundamentally her kit just doesn't work for that role. They were never going to make the necessary changes on PTR to make her fit because it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Morgan View Post
    Why didn´t you give your opinion to blizzard when she was on PTR then? Crying about something somebody did not participated is just.. ugh.

Tested her on the PTR and said blizzard what i think of her. At least the "unlimited Ammo" (200 shots per magazin) was removed by concerns of the community.

Even when her shield is not as big and powerful like reinhards is, she is made okay like she is now. Still, her Dmg-output could be lowered a littlebit.
    Console doesn't have a ptr

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Console doesn't have a ptr
    Damn... you´ve got a point. Sry >-<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I raised my concerns on PTR, and copy pasted it into this thread. I don't think I saw a thread during 3 weeks of testing that said she was going to be a Reinhardt alternative; everyone said she couldn't function as that. Fundamentally her kit just doesn't work for that role. They were never going to make the necessary changes on PTR to make her fit because it's too much.
    She wasn't meant to be a "Reinhardt alternative". She was meant to be an "anchor tank", meaning that other teammates would benefit most by sticking with her. Between her deployable shield and her ultimate, that's clearly true, and her right-click also is mostly beneficial for setting up kills by teammates.

She was always going to be a unique tank concept, not a Reinhardt clone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    She wasn't meant to be a "Reinhardt alternative". She was meant to be an "anchor tank", meaning that other teammates would benefit most by sticking with her. Between her deployable shield and her ultimate, that's clearly true, and her right-click also is mostly beneficial for setting up kills by teammates.

She was always going to be a unique tank concept, not a Reinhardt clone.
    She doesn't need to be a clone to be an alternative; but it's the role and being an alternative that Jeff literally said was her purpose. And she can't fill it. She's too slow, too predictable in telegraphing all her movement by throwing shields, and too fragile. She's much more a support tank in the mould of Zarya.

Main issue being too fragile.

People are bad at her still obviously but she just folds over to flankers because her head hitbox is so huge.

Does Orisa have a plug-in function for other Omnics? Like Bastion? Though I suppose it has an outdated model considering it's from past era.