Mistweavers are actually GOOD

this is my personal logs you can check them out for normal / heroic / mythic difficulties, we are doing pretty good when the scale of gear goes up+ or perhaps blizzard secretly tweaked our healing !

char name on WarcraftLogs : Rankings for Hóv of Kazzak (EU)
    Last edited by hov51; 2017-03-04 at 02:55 AM.

Deleted
    so where exactly is the good

grats on your slightly above average mw performances xd

not being last in your group doesn't mean mw is good.

Quote Originally Posted by hov51 View Post
    this is my personal logs you can check them out for normal / heroic / mythic difficulties, we are doing pretty good when the scale of gear goes up+ or perhaps blizzard secretly tweaked our healing !

Your logs are pretty average. I to have ranked high on a mistweaver as high as 99%. The problem is that they are bad as in they provide no utility whatsoever to a raid and in mythic raids your hps wont compare to any decent druid/paladin that knows how to play their class properly in a mythic setting. If mistweavers were "good" I can assure you that top guilds would have their healers rerolling mistweavers to push content. There's a reason why almost all of them roll druid/paladin/shaman. Just like last expansion. There is a reason why most guilds had a disc priest and holy paladin in their core setup of healers. You don't see to many disc priests around also huh? Is it because none of them cant handle pressing more than 2 buttons to be a top tier healer or because they are mostly trash for progression. I guess all the disc priests from last expansion which were a dime a dozen rerolled or quit because they are very rare as well. They certainly did not reroll mistweaver. Mistweavers bring nothing to a raid and revival was nerfed to the ground this expansion. At least last expansion you could argue that revival was a huge life saver on several boss fights but this expansion it's trash even with the golden trait.
    Last edited by avx81; 2017-03-05 at 04:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you basing Mistweaver being good on? Your percentiles relative to other Mistweavers? Or HPS in general? Either way it's a horrible way of measuring a healer's value.

For instance, a decent amount of the HPS brackets have Mistweaver as second worst on HPS, just barely beating restoration shaman. Then in the 95 percentile range is when it evens out and it starts to tip in restoration shaman's favor. That's because of how few monks there are and the ability to farm bosses with fewer and more utilitarian healers. The only healer that is similar to us in not having any meaningful utility is holy priest, however their core abilities have higher throughput than ours since Divine Hymn isn't considered to be in the throughput cooldown trifecta (Revival, Healing Tide Totem, and Tranquility). You can deduce us being middle of the pack by switching the statistics for time periods where there is initial heroic progression, we dance from 2-3rd usually.

Pick Resto Druid for instance, it's a simple equation: Tank CD: Ironbark > Life Cocoon, Raid CD: Tranquility > Revival, and Throughput: Druid's is ~10% greater on average. So why exactly pick a Mistweaver? Some guilds that aren't very good could use Revival as an oh-shit button I suppose. Mistweaver is perfectly capable of extremely competitive healing, it just lacks a specific thing it's good at, a niche, aka some reason to actually want one. With such a small healing pool it's obvious one healer class has to accept being the worst, but even if hypothetically shaman is worst, it has cooldowns that can negate entire mechanics, and they can resurrect themselves, and cast while moving.

The real takeaway is that a mistweaver parsing at the 100 percentile is probably less than 10% worse than a 100 percentile druid, and a lot less for the other healing classes. That's not a huge gap whatsoever, and isn't anything to be ashamed of, nor is it attainable or quantifiable most of the time. What is upsetting Monks though is that we have nothing to call our own: a niche. We want people to think of a specific thing when they hear mistweaver like paladins and their beacon, not just generic healing. We want raider leaders to consider adding a Mistweaver as a trade of one healers utility for another, and not just losing utility.

So while you can look at your parses and deduce whatever you want, there are so many factors in something like this it's crazy. I can't even tell you how well Mistweaver "scales". Though, I'd like to say I've deduced our secondary stat scaling is utter crap due how our toolkit is split down the middle in favoring crit and verse vs. haste and mastery, so any of the opposite is a little too polarizing, but our intellect scaling is pretty average. Nowhere am I basing this on my HPS or item level graphs, just my understanding of the class. You can even look at my parses, mostly orange and only one average below 90 percentile. I know I'm not the best Mistweaver, and could tell you my exact flaws, but it works for my guild. If we had a resto shaman or a druid my parses would drop drastically, which proves how volatile these things are. People need to seriously stop looking at healing parses for anything other than being competitive within your own guild, because any other comparison is useless.
    Last edited by Solemnity; 2017-03-05 at 05:17 PM.

I play a mistweaver atm, and basically agree with the Solemnity post above. I spend a lot of time crying and wishing I had chosen a Paladin instead...lol!

10+ Year Old Account

Huh? How does this show that they are good? MWs aren't broken that bringing them will gimp the entire raid, it's just that right now, compared to other healers, they are at the bottom. They lack utility and they go OOM faster than any other healer. Wait until you get to actual healing check fights like Krosus and then come back and call them GOOD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    I play a mistweaver atm, and basically agree with the Solemnity post above. I spend a lot of time crying and wishing I had chosen a Paladin instead...lol!
    I found H Pallies to be the most boring healer to play. I'm currently gearing out my alt Resto Dru and they are FUN and powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solemnity View Post
    Raid CD: Tranquility > Revival
    Not if you Revival snipe their Tranq
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

How are Resto Shamans? Worth switching to?

Deleted
    all other healers are useful. if you'd enjoy a resto shaman however is another matter.

Nice parses! I would say im in the same exact position as you on HPS and 3/7 M 900equipd

Still gearing my HPal alt and possibly switching 7.2, I didn't know how overlooked monks were in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea the spec is actually good at st healing, that's why when you do bosses like tich or high botanist the spec is fairly competitive. The issue is mw has the worst aoe healing in the game by a fucking mile.

I feel that Mistweaver is quite comfortable to play, but very sub-par compared to the other classes atm. It has two distinct healing styles, Vivify or Essence font focused, which strongly depend on healing setup, and encounter. I don't raid in a top end guild, but did clear EN Mythic and got the cutting edge, but we only managed to get Odyn down before NH was released. Now we only raid NH, we raid 2d/week and we've cleared 3/10 so far and got Spellblade to 12% last night.

We raid with a paladin, two shamans, a holy priest, and me as MWer, and that's pretty much been our healsetup since the expansion was launced. HPS-wise, I'm nearly always 1st, and I've managed to get some high ranks (99-100%) on warcraft logs, which comes down to alot of things, and isn't the point I want to make. I'm the healing officer in my guild aswell, and I always receive Blessing of Wisdom, and atleast 1 balance druid innervating me, usually two druids.

In NH heroic, MWers are absolute batshit crazy good, and we top alot of the fights. But in early NH mythic, I feel it is very difficult to keep up, if BoW and Innervates aren't available.

-I really enjoy playing Mistweaver, i feel it is very rewarding to play, super mobile, and lovely animations! But I do agree, that alot of things need re-work, sheiluns gift for one, and I'm very much looking forward to the reduced CD on revival for 7.2.

the only redeeming factor MWs have is strong targeted healing, but this only happens under certain situations on certain fights. outside of these very specific circumstances (there are 3 in the whole of NH mythic) the spec is really, really bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by erlster View Post
    I feel that Mistweaver is quite comfortable to play, but very sub-par compared to the other classes atm. It has two distinct healing styles, Vivify or Essence font focused, which strongly depend on healing setup, and encounter. I don't raid in a top end guild, but did clear EN Mythic and got the cutting edge, but we only managed to get Odyn down before NH was released. Now we only raid NH, we raid 2d/week and we've cleared 3/10 so far and got Spellblade to 12% last night.

We raid with a paladin, two shamans, a holy priest, and me as MWer, and that's pretty much been our healsetup since the expansion was launced. HPS-wise, I'm nearly always 1st, and I've managed to get some high ranks (99-100%) on warcraft logs, which comes down to alot of things, and isn't the point I want to make. I'm the healing officer in my guild aswell, and I always receive Blessing of Wisdom, and atleast 1 balance druid innervating me, usually two druids.

In NH heroic, MWers are absolute batshit crazy good, and we top alot of the fights. But in early NH mythic, I feel it is very difficult to keep up, if BoW and Innervates aren't available.

-I really enjoy playing Mistweaver, i feel it is very rewarding to play, super mobile, and lovely animations! But I do agree, that alot of things need re-work, sheiluns gift for one, and I'm very much looking forward to the reduced CD on revival for 7.2.
    You play in mw heaven though, 2 innervates and a bow is like a wet dream.

Not many mw get that luxury which is why you think it's comfortable to play. Try raiding mythic as a mw and keeping up with the rest of the healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Magition View Post
    You play in mw heaven though, 2 innervates and a bow is like a wet dream.

Not many mw get that luxury which is why you think it's comfortable to play. Try raiding mythic as a mw and keeping up with the rest of the healers.
    Thank you for your comment Magition, that was exactly the point I was trying to make; We need Innervates and BoW to keep up in NH. Though, if any of the other healers got the Innervates and BoW, they could do alot more with it

It makes all the difference in the world if you actually have blessing of wisdom on you.

If you don't have BOW or Innervates at all in fights, you will struggle. And you are not the priority for those.

The problem is that when you are playing with a healing core of people who are all parsing above 90th percentile, you will feel far less useful, or at least far more strained to bring equal value to the team. If you're playing with a bunch go ~50% healers, you can slay the meters and make the class look amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DontMessWitYook View Post
    The problem is that when you are playing with a healing core of people who are all parsing above 90th percentile, you will feel far less useful, or at least far more strained to bring equal value to the team. If you're playing with a bunch go ~50% healers, you can slay the meters and make the class look amazing.
    Spot on opinion. I raid 5/10M as a 900ilvl MW and compared to my friends who play druids and paladins, it take SO MUCH effort for me to even try to keep up

HPS on first easy bosses I have better %, but who care? In addition, many guilds, where serious players play, logs are closed.