10+ Year Old Account
    More bad news from the Ravens, Dennis Pitta re-injured his hip.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    More bad news from the Ravens, Dennis Pitta re-injured his hip.
    NOOOO! not again :/ Could we not for once have a season where our secondary and wrs and tes don't all get injured please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this his 2nd or 3rd career threatening injury? Guy has really toughed it out to be sure. The only good news is you guys brought in Watson last year and he will be good to have around healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    NOOOO! not again :/ Could we not for once have a season where our secondary and wrs and tes don't all get injured please?
    I know the feeling, hopefully the entire Saints secondary doesn't get injured this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    A very strange move, chiefs cut Jeremy Maclin. 7m in dead money.

The 9ers may cut NaVorro Bowman. Hes coming off an achillies rupture, and has been full go in OTAs. Hes been slow and struggling in coverage against TEs.

Not going to complain about the Chiefs cutting Maclin, but unless there is something only the Chiefs know, it makes no sense.

Broncos safety Will Parks was arrested for non-violent domestic violence (there really should be a better name for this) after him and his brother threatened his ex-gf through texts/phone calls after she stole some of his things (including his SS card) to get her to give them back. A dumb way to go about it, especially since the police got involved anyway. On the plus side, it wasn't Aqib Talib getting in trouble this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    A very strange move, chiefs cut Jeremy Maclin. 7m in dead money.
    Its a post June 1 release, so the final two years worth of pro-rated money will apply in 2018. Thats $2.4mil now and $4.8mil then.

They gave him $23mil for two years, not horrible, but I don't see anybody on the roster to replace him, nor is there anybody out there worth spending that saved money on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chiefs really seem to be tanking for next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rapoport on Maclin:

"Yes, this is a business. Jeremy Maclin was a good citizen, a vet on a winning team. Andy Reid went to his wedding 2 weeks ago. Cut in June."

Ridiculously harsh business.

@ the games mentioned: putting Packers at Giants in '11 and Broncos-Cowboys '13 on the schedule. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Chiefs really seem to be tanking for next year.
    No way. They won their division this year and have plenty of players that can grow. They'll be fine. They're in the most stacked division in football, so who knows where they end up, but it;s certainly not cause they are tanking.

Who'd they even tank for? They just drafted their QB of the future this past draft.

I think you are just over reacting. They'll be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting notion:

"#Chiefs cutting Maclin supports argument by agents (which GMs privately admit) that most current free agent deals are 2-year contracts"

https://twitter.com/JasonColeBR/stat...08898134974464

I'm about to head to bed, but I'm going to have to check out the contracts the Patriots signed the past 2 years and see if there's anything to gleen from looking at them with this in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    John Schneider likes 3 years for established players. Just depends where they are at in their careers.

10+ Year Old Account
    John Schneider likes 3 years for established players. Just depends where they are at in their careers.
    Yeah, I knew I would be thinking about this instead of going to sleep so I went and had a look at all the contracts of the last year or so the Patriots did, and it's basically all of them are 2 year deals, with the occasional 3 year one for established players that will likely stick around in the league.

I knew the end of contracts were usually balony, but it's quite interesting to look at it so definitively and draw that line at 2 years. What's left after 2 years is usually a pretty even split between dead money and savings amounts, at which point it gets pretty cheap to move on from a player.

And honestly, 2 years is nothing. If a player happens to get injured, you are already out a year. If he takes a year to adjust fully, also a year gone. Pretty smart to put the mark at 2 years when, realistically, you should know if the player is worth keeping or not.

Interesting thing, that's for sure. And now quickly to bed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trend has been to reduce signing bonus and instead guarantee most or all of the first two years of a contract.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints DT Nick Fairley has been absent from OTAs. Diagnosed with a heart condition and his NFL career is in question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints DT Nick Fairley has been absent from OTAs. Diagnosed with a heart condition and his NFL career is in question.
    Just read this. You have got to be shitting me. Saints *just* signed him to a nice contract.

This would be so fucking typical. Saints sign a defensive free agent and he goes to shit. In new and interesting ways this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its the same thing he's always had. This isn't some new thing thats been detected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Its the same thing he's always had. This isn't some new thing thats been detected.
    Read this later too. Still seems odd that they are suddenly so interested in it. I hope it works out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully its just due diligence and not because he experienced any new symptoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is Fletcher Cox (from the Eagles)...

...and that is NOT Delta airlines, but new team mate Chris Long trolling him.

One of the underrated pleasures of the Superbowl was seeing Chris Long get a ring (earning it too!). It was kinf of a shame having him on the Patriots cause he was noticably quiet in Training camp and pretty subdued during the season, mostly concentrating on his charity work and just random stuff, and not much stuff like this (which he used to do on the Rams too).

Glad to see he's having fun with his new team mates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems a good chance Maclin is going to Buffalo. McCoy is talking him into going, and the Bills are already talking to him.

Fun fact, Maclin is the only receiver to receive 1000 yards in a season from Alex Smith.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elvis Dumervil signed with the 49'ers. There was some talk that he'd sign back with the Ravens, but apparently not.

10+ Year Old Account
    This stuff coming out between Kaepernick and the Seahawks is interesting... money wasn't the issue apparently, and with Carroll saying he'd be a starter elsewhere is odd.