10+ Year Old Account
    Bell had a really good offer for an oft injured RB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Bell had a really good offer for an oft injured RB.

I read that. Depends on the guarantees. Have a sneaking suspicion that the Steelers built in protections and that that's why Bell didn't want to sign.

I suspect it was only guaranteed for 2 years and maybe not even fully.

Still have to wonder if Bell will get a better offer than that. As a RB it only takes 1 down year to get written off. High risk he's taking, I feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    not much different than if they just tagged him three years in a row, oh well, hope he enjoys getting tagged every year until he sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    "#Panthers owner Jerry Richardson and Marty Hurney meeting today, league source said. If all goes well, he's expected to be named interim GM."

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...88686983323649

HAHAHAHA, they want to bring back the guy that got them into incredible trouble and unable to do anything before they hired Gettleman. What a joke. Panthers are likely going to hand out contracts to the old guard and be hamstrung for years again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    "#Panthers owner Jerry Richardson and Marty Hurney meeting today, league source said. If all goes well, he's expected to be named interim GM."

HAHAHAHA, they want to bring back the guy that got them into incredible trouble and unable to do anything before they hired Gettleman. What a joke. Panthers are likely going to hand out contracts to the old guard and be hamstrung for years again.
    Thats surprising. He had some good rosters in the Delhomme era. But I believe he was the one that decided to pay like 40m to the RBs back in 2012.

10+ Year Old Account

Jesus, I should be enjoying seeing a rival destroy itself, but goddamn, I don't know that there's anybody on earth who thinks less of Hurney than I do.

10+ Year Old Account

Sweet zombie Judas Priest, that is absolutely batshit. I know that a bunch of fans of CAR had to hate Gettleman for getting rid of favorite players like Steve Smith, but going back to the guy who got you into cap hell? That is the very definition of insanity. I am no Carolina fan by any means, but I hope they get a quasi-competent GM next season. Because no team deserves something like that.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Sweet zombie Judas Priest, that is absolutely batshit. I know that a bunch of fans of CAR had to hate Gettleman for getting rid of favorite players like Steve Smith, but going back to the guy who got you into cap hell? That is the very definition of insanity. I am no Carolina fan by any means, but I hope they get a quasi-competent GM next season. Because no team deserves something like that.
    I guess you could argue that Hurney brought in talent and may have learned from his cap issues to hire a strong cap wizard to help him and that he learned from his mistakes and is wiser now and better equipped.

I'm not exactly buying it, but you could argue he learned his lesson.

In other news:

"Here we go: Rookies from the Ravens, Jaguars, Cowboys, Bears, Saints report to training camp today." - Schefter

And tomorrow the Patriots coaching staff reports. It's really, really, FINALLY starting again.

You can see when your team is reporting right here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post46220740

Typically camp will start the day after veterans have to report.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just said Millen was the only GM worse than Hurney and I'm sticking to it, so I'm not buying any of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just said Millen was the only GM worse than Hurney and I'm sticking to it, so I'm not buying any of it.
    According to people who were just watching his press conference he didn't sound like someone who's just there as an interim. Sounds to me like the Panthers owner is more interested in being sentimental and well liked and loyal than in competing the best he can. That's noble, and it will likely feel really good to win a championship that way, but it's also likely not going to lead to long term success.

To each owner their own, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Just thought of something. Wasn't Richardson also the ONLY owner who voted against the Kroenke to LA plan? Wasn;t he the only one who felt they should have given LA to Spanos and should have gone with the Spanos/Raiders LA plan?

So this is not the first time the guy chooses to be loyal to a fault to someone.

I bet in his heart of hearts he still regrets canning Hurney for Gettleman and is only too happy to have the guy back to run things, even though he almost destroyed the Panthers.

- - - Updated - - -

DE Dante Fowler of the Jaguars: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ast-20-months/

Sounds like a real winner.

10+ Year Old Account

interesting question. Easy to say the play in SB49, I'd be a hipster and say the play that Avril got hurt. Brady didn't have time to pass the ball till that point. Anyway, passing the ball was the right call. The play was not. Having Kearse try to block Browner + Butler wasn't putting your players in positions to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not NFL related, but Id change Colt McCoy going down 2 min into the 2010 college national championship football game. Screw you Alabama!

NFL related: Have Dez's catch ruled as a catch.

10+ Year Old Account

interesting question. Easy to say the play in SB49, I'd be a hipster and say the play that Avril got hurt. Brady didn't have time to pass the ball till that point. Anyway, passing the ball was the right call. The play was not. Having Kearse try to block Browner + Butler wasn't putting your players in positions to win.
    I was gonna say tuck-rule game, but how about instead, Drew Bledsoe just steps out of bounds and avoids the Mo Lewis hit.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah I don't know about Tom Brady outselling Drew Brees in Louisiana... and Greg Olsen in Ohio???

Chargers' Mike Williams has a herniated disk and may be shut down for the season.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2017-07-19 at 08:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah I don't know about Tom Brady outselling Drew Brees in Louisiana... and Greg Olsen in Ohio???

Chargers' Mike Williams has a herniated disk and may be shut down for the season.
    Seems like from last year...everyone here already has a Brees jersey.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Lynch being the top seller in Indiana, and Brady for Montana/Nebraska is interesting. Not exactly sure how those happened.

Chargers starting with the injuries early this year I see too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody ACTUALLY cares about NFL football here, so they just buy the jersey of the winning player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bandwagons everywhere!

Says the Falcons fan. Hey! I started supporting them from week one!

At least Georgia knows whats up! XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Bandwagons everywhere!

Says the Falcons fan. Hey! I started supporting them from week one!

At least Georgia knows whats up! XD
    Only cuz they can't get Ron Mexico jerseys any more

I only ever bought one jersey, I hang on to it in case anybody ever thinks I'm a bandwagon Saints fan. Newbies generally don't have Aaron Brooks jerseys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Only cuz they can't get Ron Mexico jerseys any more

I only ever bought one jersey, I hang on to it in case anybody ever thinks I'm a bandwagon Saints fan. Newbies generally don't have Aaron Brooks jerseys.
    Ye! F*** bandwagoners! I've been wanting afalcons hoodie. Either Julio, Matty Ice or Devonta freeman. Maybe even tak, love his personality!