1. #7641
    You can dig up all sorts of testimonials to justify a thing. Scott Chandler, someone you should remember, was on Buffalo radio this past week talking about how great Daboll will be even though he was OC of some pretty terrible offenses already. I still have my doubts.

  2. #7642
    Over 9000! draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,316
    Vrabel was a fast rising coach, but he spent this year as the DC for the team that gave up the most points in the league.

  3. #7643
    The Lightbringer crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    3,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Not like they're gonna win the Super Bowl after that showing. I wouldn't get too excited.
    Oh just shut it.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  4. #7644
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Vrabel was a fast rising coach, but he spent this year as the DC for the team that gave up the most points in the league.
    There was a rookie HC last year too that only spent 1 year as a d-coordinator and that teams defense was better before and after him. Didn't work out too well.

    On the flip side, never know who is going to be a good HC. Wade Phillips is a really good coordinator, but didn't have much success as a HC, then Tomlin was a coordinator for only 1 year and has done fairly well as a HC for example.

  5. #7645
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Snarkiest Juffo Wup you know
    Posts
    2,991
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't understand why people think Mike Vrabel will be a good HC. Because he hit people?

    Worked real well for Mike Singletary.
    Maybe he'll be the one to buck the meh history of the Belichick Coaching Tree. All they need for success is to clone Tom Brady.

  6. #7646
    Herald of the Titans Humpty Doo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NT
    Posts
    2,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Maybe he'll be the one to buck the meh history of the Belichick Coaching Tree. All they need for success is to clone Tom Brady.
    After this weekend they will be wanting to clone Blake Bortles

    QBs like Blake Bortles, Marcus Mariota , Cam Newton, Dirk Prescott & Aaron Rodgers are like extra running backs
    and go for the first, Second & third downs..

    Brady tends to stay in the pocket & launch the ball.. Does not run much.. maybe age?

  7. #7647
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpty Doo View Post
    Brady tends to stay in the pocket & launch the ball.. Does not run much.. maybe age?
    He has the grace and mobility of an epileptic water buffalo. I'm also his age. I might be able run the 40 faster than him, and I only have one leg.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

  8. #7648
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    There was a rookie HC last year too that only spent 1 year as a d-coordinator and that teams defense was better before and after him. Didn't work out too well.

    On the flip side, never know who is going to be a good HC. Wade Phillips is a really good coordinator, but didn't have much success as a HC, then Tomlin was a coordinator for only 1 year and has done fairly well as a HC for example.
    Yep, I recall an article this past year by former GM Mike Lombardi who called Doug Pederson the "most unqualified nfl coach ever". Doug is now 14-3 and in the conference championship, and that's with up to a third of his starters out on IR at any given point in the season. Sure he didn't do it all himself, but he's looking like a damn fine hire right now. They could lose this game today and they still did miles better than anyone predicted.

  9. #7649
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    20,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    He has the grace and mobility of an epileptic water buffalo.
    Nearly spit out my tea. xD

    He had a run some years back that kind of jump started the offense that game and Brady himself posted a video to Facebook the day after with the run set to Chariots of Fire, with images of a cheetah and shit mixed in. Was hilarious.

  10. #7650
    Over 9000! draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,316
    If Brady was quick he would've gone sooner than Round 6.

    Dan Marino is the real gold standard for lack of mobility, I think the bulk of his "carries" were kneeldowns.

  11. #7651
    I'm wondering if I should eat a bag of Wings and a couple of Mozerella sticks today (and maybe eat a small portion of dinner), or just eat the full portion of dinner. (I'm making rigatoni and ground chicken.)

    HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Or maybe just some chips and the dinner...Idk. How big are today's festivities? Clearly not as big as the Superbowl itself but...?

  12. #7652
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Yep, I recall an article this past year by former GM Mike Lombardi who called Doug Pederson the "most unqualified nfl coach ever". Doug is now 14-3 and in the conference championship, and that's with up to a third of his starters out on IR at any given point in the season. Sure he didn't do it all himself, but he's looking like a damn fine hire right now. They could lose this game today and they still did miles better than anyone predicted.
    Ah yes, the guy who was with the Browns for like 1 year before being fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

  13. #7653
    Talk of running QBs made me curious. QBs that started most of their team's games in 2017 that got less than 50 yards total rushing for the season:

    Rivers: -2, 18 (total yards, attempts)
    Brees: 12, 33
    Manning: 26, 12
    Brady: 28, 25
    Cutler: 32, 19
    Roethlisburger: 47, 28
    I suspect many of Brady's attempts were the short yardage sneaks. Garoppolo had 11 yards in 6 games started.

    Others with less than 100 yards total:
    Goff, Flacco, Carr, Stafford, Dalton

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •