Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Well we do have a third option. We could just let the 5% of sick people that are the real burden on healthcare costs to die and everyone else wins? Subsidized insurance from the government is just bad business and opens itself to fraud just like ACA has experienced for the past 8 years. If you think people didn't abuse enrollment periods to get the best subsidies you are dreaming. This new obamacare lite is making the same mistake and is unsustainable.
    Never knew I'd see the day people were asking for death panels in plan english.

Good I'm glad it's bad for for the old! They continue to vote clowns like president Donald Trump into office every year with not a second thought. I hope it get's so bad for them they end up dying so the next generation can take over faster.

You get what you deserve.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    People who support Trump have fucking lost it. I saw a conversation today about how proud they are that the swamp is getting drained because Sessions asked 46 Obama-appointed U.S. attorneys to resign. And still talking about Hilary.
    I have yet to see a valid defense of Trump or a reason for voting for him (aside from "not Hillary!"). Those that continue backing the death spiral of the Trump Administration are just sitting at home, ears plugged, listening to their own echo chamber.

They take being obtuse to a new level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Never knew I'd see the day people were asking for death panels in plan english.
    What the Republicans called "death panels" was end of life planning. Which is kinda important, and needed.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Paul ryan was BLATANT about this. He was on tucker carlsons show and when asked about it shrugged and said meh
    And it looks like it's flying through Committee. Could this actually pass in it's current form?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And it looks like it's flying through Committee. Could this actually pass in it's current form?
    Of course it could. The Republicans have been very public about how they want to put party before all other considerations.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    In the House, probably, the place is a cesspool and they have no morals... In the Senate? I doubt it. It will only take two Republicans voting against it to defeat it and there are already a handful of them vocally opposed to it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Of course it could. The Republicans have been very public about how they want to put party before all other considerations.
    Video of the House.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Obamacare has been a disaster. Without going into too much detail it has cost me a lot of money.
    Estimates are already saying 10+ million will lose health insurance coverage under this new fail GOP plan. If you think you are going to save money, you are pretty deluded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    What the Republicans called "death panels" was end of life planning. Which is kinda important, and needed.
    What would you need end of life planning for? JEEEZUS assures you of eternal life!

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Estimates are already saying 10+ million will lose health insurance coverage under this new fail GOP plan. If you think you are going to save money, you are pretty deluded.
    Brookings Institute are saying the CBO will say its closer to 15 million.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's already going through committee?

It's official, this bill is now called "Wedon'tcare"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Brookings Institute are saying the CBO will say its closer to 15 million.
    Hence why the GOP is trying to ram it through asap, so less people can analyze it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The problem isn't just on the side of the insurance industry. The hospitals and doctors in the U.S. engage in price gouging as well, which in turn forces insurance companies to be scrouge like and reciprocate with price gouging on their customers. So, it is not fair to make the insurance companies out to the be villains when fraud is a big problem too (eg current Governor of Florida Rick Scott) that insurance companies must combat.

Having heath insurance in the U.S. is in essence having a broker negotiate a lower payment from the hospital. Hospitals and insurance companies are always bargaining on prices and then pass it onto the consumer.

The problem is that there is no oversight.

This is one problem the "free markets" can not solve or be resolved on its own.

Either the U.S. goes to a full public healthcare like Canada or UK or a mixed system like the Swiss have.
    Republicans completely fail to realize this. There are many elements of healthcare where market forces simply don't work normally. Demand and price don't have the same relationship as they do in a normal market, and the competition that pushes prices downward is practically absent in some aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    I mean you can't even read well enough to get the point. The only justification for your condescension is your delusional and unsubstantiated views.

PS. If there are 'winners' who get more from insurance than they pay in (which there are) then there must be 'losers' who pay in more than they use if the system is to be cost neutral. So there are plenty of people who are losing money by paying for insurance. Add in insurance company costs and profits and the number of losers only increases.
    No shit sherlock. That is pretty much how every single form of insurance on the planet currently operates. You only "gain" from insurance if you end up needing it. If you never need it, you never gain from it. Glad we agree on something. Thing is, when you really need it, if you don't have it, you are pretty much fucked, because again, your effective power as an individual will always be less then the insurance collective, unless you are wealthy enough to pretty much only need the insurance as a security blanket anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

Ryan and both committees so far have been aggressively blocking any attempts to change any of the bill. Further, Ryan has warned other GOP members that the failure of this bill will kill "momentum" and could slow or stall other GOP priorities, such as the tax plan.

So yes, it could. Ryan is now using fear tactics on his own party, because this bill is so bad that it can't pass on its own.

Trump is all-in on Trumpcare, despite it breaking all his promising on healthcare and insurance for everyone.

So are the Deplorables with him on Trumpcare?

Breitbart isn't. /r/The_Donald has gone mute on Trumpcare.

What about the Deplorables on MMO-Champ?

15+ Year Old Account
    LOL, for as much shit as Republicans gave Obamacare, I really hope they're giving the same shit to Ryancare...

Oh wait, of course not.

They threw something together in a week, it's barely been out very long, so while people can have read it by now, many won't have. AND they're trying to ram it through at light speed.

The ACA on the otherhand was in deliberation for 6 months. During that 6 months it was available for all senators, congressmen, and any other government officials to read. In addition, it was even available ONLINE FOR ANYONE IN THE WORLD TO READ. When the phrase "We need to pass this so we can see what's in it, away from the fog of controversy" came about, we know the context of that quote was that people were declaring that the ACA had many things in it like DEATH PANELS and HIDDEN FEES and all kinds of other evil things... that weren't actually in it. That's why she said that it needed to be passed so that it was FINALIZED and wouldn't be changing any more. All of the conservative pundits and figureheads and conspiracy theorists were making up all kinds of bullshit about what was going to be in the ACA. That was the controversy that they were trying to get past. Since they could have put anything in the bill while it was still in deliberation, but not once it had passed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    What about the Deplorables on MMO-Champ?
    When they do comment, they don't have anything to say about the bill itself. Instead they just do the usual old boring and tired schtick that they always do. Going "awww liberals so salty, I love liberal tears, are you liberals mad about this?" They're one trick ponies. And that they have nothing to say about this abortion of a bill is pretty telling.

The vote could go either way tbh. Trump and Ryan could intimidate house and senate Republicans enough to get them to vote for it despite their better judgement. Or these people could stick to their morals and not lick Trump's boots, and vote against it and trust their own judgement on it. As it stands, it's very unpopular amongst Republican senators and congressmen. It passing just means they were intimidated into voting yes.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2017-03-11 at 11:13 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Trump is all-in on Trumpcare, despite it breaking all his promising on healthcare and insurance for everyone.
    No one should be under any delusions.
    Trump hasn't even read this bill and has no idea what is actually in it.
    I have a shiny penny here for the first journalist to ask Trump a policy question about the details, as it will be the last access to him they ever get.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yes.

Ryan and both committees so far have been aggressively blocking any attempts to change any of the bill. Further, Ryan has warned other GOP members that the failure of this bill will kill "momentum" and could slow or stall other GOP priorities, such as the tax plan.

So yes, it could. Ryan is now using fear tactics on his own party, because this bill is so bad that it can't pass on its own.
    My understanding is several senators have said they will not support the bill in its current fotm. I dont think its likely it will pass.

www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/03/09/house-obamacare-replacement-cant-pass-senate-without-major-changes.html[/url]

Apparently people liked their free health care. Go fogure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    LOL, for as much shit as Republicans gave Obamacare, I really hope they're giving the same shit to Ryancare...

Oh wait, of course not.

They threw something together in a week, it's barely been out very long, so while people can have read it by now, many won't have. AND they're trying to ram it through at light speed.

The ACA on the otherhand was in deliberation for 6 months. During that 6 months it was available for all senators, congressmen, and any other government officials to read. In addition, it was even available ONLINE FOR ANYONE IN THE WORLD TO READ. When the phrase "We need to pass this so we can see what's in it, away from the fog of controversy" came about, we know the context of that quote was that people were declaring that the ACA had many things in it like DEATH PANELS and HIDDEN FEES and all kinds of other evil things... that weren't actually in it. That's why she said that it needed to be passed so that it was FINALIZED and wouldn't be changing any more. All of the conservative pundits and figureheads and conspiracy theorists were making up all kinds of bullshit about what was going to be in the ACA. That was the controversy that they were trying to get past. Since they could have put anything in the bill while it was still in deliberation, but not once it had passed.

- - - Updated - - -

When they do comment, they don't have anything to say about the bill itself. Instead they just do the usual old boring and tired schtick that they always do. Going "awww liberals so salty, I love liberal tears, are you liberals mad about this?" They're one trick ponies. And that they have nothing to say about this abortion of a bill is pretty telling.

The vote could go either way tbh. Trump and Ryan could intimidate house and senate Republicans enough to get them to vote against it despite their better judgement. Or these people could stick to their morals and not lick Trump's boots, and vote against it and trust their own judgement on it. As it stands, it's very unpopular amongst Republican senators and congressmen. It passing just means they were intimidated into voting yes.
    If they pass it it gives trump a pretty good out. Apparently the white house is woking on its own plan. I could see trump throwing paul ryan under the bus.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2017-03-11 at 04:32 PM.