Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Further, Ryan has warned other GOP members that the failure of this bill will kill "momentum" and could slow or stall other GOP priorities, such as the tax plan.
    I am glad that they repeal Obamacare first before tax plan.

Yes.

Ryan and both committees so far have been aggressively blocking any attempts to change any of the bill. Further, Ryan has warned other GOP members that the failure of this bill will kill "momentum" and could slow or stall other GOP priorities, such as the tax plan.

So yes, it could. Ryan is now using fear tactics on his own party, because this bill is so bad that it can't pass on its own.
    And that is the thing. He is trying to scare his own party, but they also know if they pass this bill and make their constituents angry the rest of the stupid shit they try to do won't make up for it. They will lose their seats in 4 years and it'll all get undone.

I honestly don't know if he will manage to push it through as is, because the problem is he has people on opposite sides trying to pull it their direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Here is the bigger kicker.

there is no language in the new bill that say insurance companies HAVE to sell you insurance.

They have enough data so they know which states and which area's of the country they can make money off and not make money off. So you end up with a system like we have in the US for broadband. No one will touch those area's.

Some states are inherently sicker then others, thus why you have 1 carrier today in the ACA marketplaces.

NOTHING in the republicans plans change this. there is no incentive for them to start selling insurance in those marketplaces. even the 30% does not cover the cost. Even the additional rates for the older people don't cover the cost.

Republicans talk about access, this will not increase access to health insurance or health care
    I don't think it will be like broadband because there aren't as substantial infrastructure costs. To sell telecom you first need to make a significant investment in infrastructure that you may never recoup if you don't get enough customers/revenue. Selling insurance has a lot less base costs which makes it a lot easier to expand into markets. Ultimately the premiums for sick states will rise and lower for healthy states. The people who are needing health care will be paying for it instead of the people who don't need it. Access is a hollow talking point, the only things that have or will ever matter is a) how much healthcare will cost and b) who will pay for it. While runaway costs are an issue which need to be addressed, I also believe that people over 35 should pay for their own shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    I don't think it will be like broadband because there aren't as substantial infrastructure costs. To sell telecom you first need to make a significant investment in infrastructure that you may never recoup if you don't get enough customers/revenue. Selling insurance has a lot less base costs which makes it a lot easier to expand into markets. Ultimately the premiums for sick states will rise and lower for healthy states. The people who are needing health care will be paying for it instead of the people who don't need it. Access is a hollow talking point, the only things that have or will ever matter is a) how much healthcare will cost and b) who will pay for it. While runaway costs are an issue which need to be addressed, I also believe that people over 35 should pay for their own shit.
    last time i checked you won't die if you don't have internet. also what about people over 35 who lose their life savings for one reason or another and can't afford it? should they just not have healthcare? you ever watch one of those shows where they show victims of ponzi schemes and a good chunk of them are people in their 50's and 60's who worked all their life and got conned? but fuck them they don't need health care they should just die because a criminal managed to convince an aging old middle aged person with lies and fancy fake spreadsheets.

i would say it's because you don't understand or don't care that shit happens in life but i'm sensing it's that you just don't care. if history has taught us anything it's that having a sick and dying population is bad for your economy.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2017-03-11 at 07:40 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

While runaway costs are an issue which need to be addressed, I also believe that people over 35 should pay for their own shit.
    pfft...the only ones that might agree with that silly bit are millionaires.
    Any politician that attempts to shut down medicare is a politician that won't get (re)elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Any politician that attempts to shut down medicare is a politician that won't get (re)elected.
    I think we severely underestimate how far people will go to fuck themselves. Trump happened, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    depends on what level of millionaire. i would argue small business tend to realize the importance of a healthy working class v.s. corporations who just view it as liability and unneeded expense.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Have you ever seen what it takes to expand into a new market, state for an insurance company? I have. Been there done that in a few states, markets.

First off you need to file for the right to sell insurance and get a licence. Just like a lot of telecoms have to.

Second you need to build a network. They have to go out and contract with every doctor and hospital they can get their hands on that has some kind of quality. Do you realize in a state as small as Connecticut you still have to negotiate with 68 hospitals, build a contract, analyze data, etc etc
    Sometimes this process can take 12-24 months before you have enough coverage to even start to sell a product people will buy.

Third you have to build a sales team and actually sell the product. Advertising, negotiation, bidding, meeting, etc etc etc.

Fourth you have to maintain the network. This includes having a lot of provider relations staff, contract staff, negotiators, analyst, doctor audits, doctor credentialing, hospital audits, etc etc

They have substantial cost. not physical infrastructure cost like broadband, but significant investments to enter a new market to eek out a 3-5% profit margin. This is why Health Insurance companies might operate in the vast majority of states, but they do not operate in the vast majority of MARKETS inside that state.

https://biz.yahoo.com/p/522conameu.html
    Profit margins = 3.2% average.

Hard to tell for broadband since they are almost all owned by conglomerate media companies and they don't break it out... but you are looking at 10%, 13%, 9%, 11% & 12% for the big 5.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Trump is all-in on Trumpcare, despite it breaking all his promising on healthcare and insurance for everyone.

So are the Deplorables with him on Trumpcare?

What about the Deplorables on MMO-Champ?
    Our normal band of merry Trumpsters are basically silent except a snipe here a snipe there.

if anything they revert to ....well Obamacare needs to get replaced so this is a good start.....even though its a horrible start

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Trump is all-in on Trumpcare, despite it breaking all his promising on healthcare and insurance for everyone.

So are the Deplorables with him on Trumpcare?

Breitbart isn't. /r/The_Donald has gone mute on Trumpcare.

What about the Deplorables on MMO-Champ?
    i just made a post on The_Donald. my first. lets see how long it last

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...ont_look_good/

First Analysis of GOP Healthplan don't Look good. Plan not supporting Trumps Goals! (self.The_Donald)
    submitted a minute ago by PeterNess1
    I think Trump should really be pushing this tool Ryan for a better plan to meet all the ideals that Trump stands for.
    We estimate that the bill would increase costs for the average enrollee by $1,542, for the year, if the bill were in effect today. In 2020, the bill would increase costs for the average enrollee by $2,409.
    For families, the Republican bill would increase costs by $2,243 if the bill were in effect today. For families with a head of household age 55 to 64, the bill would increase costs by $7,604.
    AARP also released numbers that are in the same ballpark.

(like my name PeterNess...short for P.Ness) :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i just made a post on The_Donald. my first. lets see how long it last
    Annnnnddd, it's gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I don't understand why anyone wants to die on this hill. It's a terrible bill. Why not actually attempt to fix healthcare?
    They're not planning to die on it, they're planning on having you die on it.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I don't understand why anyone wants to die on this hill. It's a terrible bill. Why not actually attempt to fix healthcare?
    Because the GOP establishment comes first and Paul Ryan is a part of it. He is financed by pharmaceutical companies as many Republicans are. People who voted for Trump weren't voting for GOP Republicans (A lot of the incumbents will probably be gone in elections regardless). The thing about both sides is they never seem to care about the people at all. A lot of people seem to miss this point. If Trump signs this legislation he basically signs away his presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Annnnnddd, it's gone.

- - - Updated - - -

They're not planning to die on it, they're planning on having you die on it.

Wow less then 30 minutes for something that said nothing bad about trump and attacked ryan.

what are they so afraid of?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not actually attempt to fix healthcare?
    No money in doing that.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Did someone saw that Paul Ryan video in which he justifies Trumpcare?

Policy wonk my ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    My understanding is several senators have said they will not support the bill in its current fotm.
    Your understanding of the current situation may be correct. These GOP are being basically threatened that the stuff they like more, like lowering taxes for the rich, will fail if they don't push this through. We're about to find out how much backbone they have.

Your understanding of the current situation may be correct. These GOP are being basically threatened that the stuff they like more, like lowering taxes for the rich, will fail if they don't push this through. We're about to find out how much backbone they have.
    You can't find what never existed in the first place they will all fall in line like good soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Did someone saw that Paul Ryan video in which he justifies Trumpcare?

Policy wonk my ass.
    Even Tucker Fucking Carlson is calling him out on the give away for the rich this will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bill does include tax cuts. In that same tucker carlson interview paul ryan said were doing tax cuts now so its easier to do later as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The bill does include tax cuts.
    But not the massive income tax rate cuts Trump promised. Ryan has stated that, if this health care bill does not pass, those won't pass either.

10+ Year Old Account
    But not the massive income tax rate cuts Trump promised. Ryan has stated that, if this health care bill does not pass, those won't pass either.
    To be clear he said that if the ahca doesnt pass its not likely the tax reform in the future will pass either, actually i think he was arguing this about their entire legislatifr agenda iirc. He was on tucker carlsons and basically said we're doing these tax cuts now because we have bigger ones coming later and dont eant to jam it all in at once.

Well in all fairness, some of them probably think they are attempting to fix healthcare. Maybe one day they'll realize that the free market doesn't work for healthcare, but that is not this day.