Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So is the goal here for republicans to just say "we passed something" and hope democrats fix it in 2020?
    This is basically what the republicans are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is the goal here for republicans to just say "we passed something" and hope democrats fix it in 2020?
    No, it's to say they passed something and then when it goes south in a big way by 2020 to claim that it's the Democrats fault. That and to give the wealthy a tax break, which seems to be at the core of the Republicans health care plan.

The ACA covered costs by taxing people earning more than 200k a year. The Republican plan gets rid of that while keeping the things that money was supposed to pay for. The Republican plan also shafts the elderly by inverting costs how the ACA has it, where the young pay higher costs so the elderly pay lower.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it? There seems to be ethical backlash from some of the GOP. I don't think the Freedom Caucus will accept "something".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Is it? There seems to be ethical backlash from some of the GOP. I don't think the Freedom Caucus will accept "something".
    The Freedom Caucus seems to be mad that the proposed plan doesn't hurt enough people.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I'm aware they don't have the support of the people who just want the "repeal" part of the deal.

I'm just trying to figure out what this "replace" is even supposed to do, aside from the massive tax cuts to the wealthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    get a black and white monitor then....

- - - Updated - - -

you've been bent over since 1980's by insurance companies, drug companies, doctors, etc and now you have a problem with it.

were you not working during the roll out of HMO's in the 90's with 20% being normal rate increases after they gutted ppo?
    were you not around in the 2000's when they hard core pushed denials, pre existing and approvals that never happened?

etc etc etc
    nah i'll just stick you on ignore.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    nah i'll just stick you on ignore.
    Winning.

Must be the Tiger blood Charlie gave me

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Sorry, but there really hasn't been any jobs that have been created that Trump can claim.
    Lemme guess 8 years of Obama and zilch, suddenly he's gone and jobs are dime a dozen, strange.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    you've been bent over since 1980's by insurance companies, drug companies, doctors, etc and now you have a problem with it.

were you not working during the roll out of HMO's in the 90's with 20% being normal rate increases after they gutted ppo?
    were you not around in the 2000's when they hard core pushed denials, pre existing and approvals that never happened?

etc etc etc
    Problem is healthcare has never hurt as much as it does now.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post

- - - Updated - - -

debatable.

cost wise i would agree.

but try paying years of health insurance only to be told after 20 years you are not covered because of pre-existing......and some of the PE were so retarded. the abuse was astronomical

Most of the rise in costs (at a systemic level) took place under Bush. From 2000-2009, healthcare expenditure went from about 13% to about 17% of GDP. Since Obamacare was passed, the cost growth was stymied and expenditure has remained within 17%. True that right now it's better for lower and mid-lower, but often worse for middle class than it was previously, but one of the positives of Obamacare is that overall healthcare costs aren't rising nearly as fast as they were. The decades long decline of the middle class and the post-recession economy are in a big way part of why it hurts so much too.

Now the goal has to be to get the costs down.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ryan now says that this bill is "as good as it gets". Wow, do they suck.

Let's just keep the ACA then, shall we? If "the best you can do" is cut insurance for the poor and pay out huge tax gifts to the wealthy, perhaps the GOP should just STFU.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lemme guess 8 years of Obama and zilch, suddenly he's gone and jobs are dime a dozen, strange.
    Have you been asleep? Jobs, real jobs, not part time jobs, have been going up steadily since 2010. If you were asleep for 6 years, that would explain why you think there was "zilch" under Obama and now suddenly tons and tons of jobs.

News flash: They've been going upward at a steady pace. Also, in case you were completely in the dark about this little fact, policies take time to take effect. Most are never implemented immediately. Most laws and acts are set to go into effect months and sometimes even years after they are passed. None of Trump's legislation has yet to have any effect on jobs or the economy. All of this intense job growth is left over from the Obama administration. Look at jobs 1 to 2 years from now for a real view of what's going to happen. If jobs are still rising 4 years from now, I'll honestly be shocked. All of the regulations Trump is tearing apart for wall street and big business is the exact same thing that caused the 2007 crash.

You can look up the percentage of growth in health care premiums. If you look at the 90's, health care inflation was far more out of control then, and aside from a 2 year low in growth several years before the ACA was passed, we've seen some of the lowest premium growth per anum.

If you're getting employer group health insurance, and when the ACA was passed, your monthly payments went way up, you really should research why that happened. See, you can look up how much your employer was subsidizing your payments, how much they were paying towards your health care. Many gave their employees insurance at costs of two figures per month... while footing hundreds of dollars themselves. When the ACA passed, a lot of businesses with a political agenda decided to screw their employees, taking away the amount they had been paying towards employee health insurance, then telling their employees that it was the fault of the ACA.

The dumb employees went "HERP DERP FUCK OBAMACARE" the smart ones looked up how much their employers were paying for their insurance, found that they had severely cut how much they were contributing, and called the employers out on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Let's just keep the ACA then, shall we? If "the best you can do" is cut insurance for the poor and pay out huge tax gifts to the wealthy, perhaps the GOP should just STFU.
    Are you tired of draining the swamp yet?!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Ryan's reputation as a "policy wonk" has served well to hide how profoundly stupid he is.

Don't worry something will trickle down rumor is Trump is into that kind of thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Don't worry something will trickle down rumor is Trump is into that kind of thing.
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.
    At least you could screw the hookers afterwards in this case we're getting screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Ryan's reputation as a "policy wonk" has served well to hide how profoundly stupid he is.
    He's not stupid. It's just...I don't know what he's doing here. This bill is clearly not that good, and Ryan is taking a bullet for Trump's impossible promises. Why is he sticking his neck out for this?

10+ Year Old Account
    He's not stupid. It's just...I don't know what he's doing here. This bill is clearly not that good, and Ryan is taking a bullet for Trump's impossible promises. Why is he sticking his neck out for this?
    This is almost verbatim the Paul Ryan health plan he's been pushing since 2009.

-Kujako-

Because he's a Randian shithead. Its only complicated if you need it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I mean, this is the party that refers to Newt as a "Big thinker", pretty sure most of their monikers are ironic.