Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I like it. It was a pleasant surprise months ago when they first revealed that we'd be getting class mounts, so honestly I'm happy about getting anything at all.

I don't mind not getting different color variations either, that's not what helps me get immersed in my game. Its the little things like this for example, having your mount talk to you, that makes me really get into the game and appreciate it that much more.

That's just me though. I like all the mounts simply because it was a surprise to me that we'd receive anything like that.

To be honest, on second thought, I don't see why we can't get more colour variations as well. It should seriously take an intern less than 10 minutes to change a couple of colour values around.

There hasn't been a good reason to turn on game sound in 13 years and this doesn't really change that.

Pretty sad that there aren't different models for each spec (Niuzao, Chiji, Xuen, or Yu'lon) and only two bad ones that don't match with anything coming out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could probably do without the talking (even if it's kind of cool and certainly very unique), but I for one am supremely glad that he doesn't sprout ridiculous wings when flying. Having him run atop a Kinto'un might have been cooler than just running on the air, but like with most spectral wings, I don't trust Blizzard to make a cloud texture that doesn't look terrible (See: Red Cloud, Windsteed). His paws glowing is good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    There hasn't been a good reason to turn on game sound in 13 years and this doesn't really change that.

Pretty sad that there aren't different models for each spec (Niuzao, Chiji, Xuen, or Yu'lon) and only two bad ones that don't match with anything coming out.
    Exactly, it's not like it is even a unique model, they just used a generic tiger mount and added some props. I didn't really mind it before, since I was really hoping they would do same for Crane, Serpent and Ox mounts (they have the models already), but now we just have a plain (and personally I find the colour palette ugly) tiger mount that talks like a panda.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Belzeber View Post
    Agreed. It's pretty ugly. I absolutely love Ban-Lu already. I can listen to that voice constantly.
    It's a cool concept just looks ugly

The music and sound design in WoW is consistently excellent. You're the one missing out if you don't play with sound.

Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    The music and sound design in WoW is consistently excellent. You're the one missing out if you don't play with sound.
    The sound design is pretty awful.

The overwhelming "clang clang clang clang clang clang" of swords that drown out every other sound is unbearable. The 14-16 year old spell casting sounds are unbearable. The 14-16 year old mount sounds are old and stale. The 14-16 year old midi-quality ambience could probably use an update. The voice acting in Legion is pretty cringe-worthy, especially anything to do with the vrykul.

The music could be good, but it's not as good as the music I pick and has no place in a raid or dungeon environment for people that want to use voice communication.
    Last edited by stross01; 2017-03-08 at 05:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm torn on this. But I do agree that some of the mount's armor looks pretty derpy.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    Exactly, it's not like it is even a unique model, they just used a generic tiger mount and added some props. I didn't really mind it before, since I was really hoping they would do same for Crane, Serpent and Ox mounts (they have the models already), but now we just have a plain (and personally I find the colour palette ugly) tiger mount that talks like a panda.
    This may be tin-foil-hatty, but I'm forced to assume it's because they don't really care about monks.

Coming up short on the class mount can just be shoveled into the same heap of broken shit as the rest of the class fantasy: over half of the race/gender combos are still missing the Blackout Strike animation after a year, brewmasters only have the shoulder-ready animation for the artifact (even though death knights have the same animation for any weapon transmog during Wraith Walk), mistweaver and brewmaster are still without a hidden artifact ability, most of the talents for every spec are without purpose, windwalkers can only transmog into fists, the most boring and smallest category for transmog, windwalkers still have their fist weapon disappear at random, and shit, even the brewmaster artifact ability has had the wrong spell name on it for a year and isn't being changed until 7.2 (months away).

This may be tin-foil-hatty, but I'm forced to assume it's because they don't really care about monks.

Coming up short on the class mount can just be shoveled into the same heap of broken shit as the rest of the class fantasy: over half of the race/gender combos are still missing the Blackout Strike animation after a year, brewmasters only have the shoulder-ready animation for the artifact (even though death knights have the same animation for any weapon transmog during Wraith Walk), mistweaver and brewmaster are still without a hidden artifact ability, most of the talents for every spec are without purpose, windwalkers can only transmog into fists, the most boring and smallest category for transmog, windwalkers still have their fist weapon disappear at random, and shit, even the brewmaster artifact ability has had the wrong spell name on it for a year and isn't being changed until 7.2 (months away).
    I would like to add the severe clipping of the BrM Artifact weapon on male Pandaren. Every skin clips like crazy with the new stance. Artifacts being such a big deal this expension makes it really unforgiveble. All this lack of attention has pulled me away from playing a monk and WoW all together.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Funny, I'm the 1% that thinks the Shaman class mounts are pretty ugly.
    I think your 0.5% as i do think the same...

I don't like the shaman mount either. I actually really like the monk mount, but I really like cats soOoOoOo
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

I am neutral about the tiger. Talking mount will get old / annoying pretty fast.
    What "bothers" me is that tiger feels like the lazy option. Each monk spec is clearly linked with a celestial (which all have similar mounts in game) so getting a celestial themed mount for each spec would fit a lot more in the monk theme.

Actually a tiger transparent and blue mount is amazing. Arguably should be the best of all minus the flying animation. However do not get hyped since blizzard developer retarded cancerous c@nts will nerf it to a kitty companion....business as usual for monks