Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The community is mindless sheeps

Nobody choses healer, even though we need one. I got half my playtime as Zen, despite I main defense – just out of necessity, since our group will fail, if we don’t have any support.

But, we NEED a soldier every game, a genji, a tracer aaaand a McCree – yeees we do, even on defense. But healers and tanks are to necessary to win. Even the last pick avoids spport, despite being late at selecting.

People are mindless sheeps. Not you guys reading of course, but everyone else.
    Last edited by Zarmful; 2017-02-09 at 08:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In other news, the sky is blue, the sun sets, and the grass is green.

What do you want us to tell you? Randoms are random, which means they don't really care about the team. They care about themselves, and if they have more fun playing x hero, they will play x hero. Find 5 other players and play with them if you want a team where people care about the team

10+ Year Old Account
    The don't think you know what the term "sheep" means, nor that "sheep" is already plural and doesn't need the "s" at the end

A lot of people would rather play who they want and lose than play someone else and win. Nothing can be done about it, ever. Welcome to virtually ever online game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this is a matter of being a "sheep," it's just a matter of either indifference or selfishness for wanting to play what someone wants to play. Lack of confidence on a particular hero is probably a relevant factor, too. Although I do try to pick based on both our team comp and the enemy team, there's also a point where I'm just going to pick something I am confident on. If we need more healing, I'm probably going to pick Lucio or Mercy rather than Ana or Zen. If we need DPS, I'm never going to pick Genji, on defense I'll never pick Widow. If we need those heroes in particular, someone else should pick them.

It's worth noting that, in my experience, almost all of the times we have someone bitching about our comp it's someone who could easily swap themselves. This is not a game to have a "main" and insist on sticking to it. Everyone should be competent on several heroes, ideally a few from each category.

To me "sheep" is more the people that insist on playing a precise meta, even though we're a solo queue PuG, they don't understand why that meta works and how to play it, and it doesn't necessarily even work well with the other team's comp. In that situation, we'd almost always do better if people just picked heroes they were good and comfortable with and played them well rather than forcing a specific comp. The meta is for cohesive premades who know how to use it to their advantage.

That said, outside of competitive, I don't think it's a huge deal if people do unideal comps. Sometimes people are there specifically to learn a particular hero, sometimes they just don't like the one that is needed and would rather stick to their guns and hope someone else swaps. I had a match the other day where I needed to record something on Lucio, and another player wanted practice on Anna, and another was a Mercy main so we all just said fuck it and went all supports plus a Hanzo for lulz (we won, fwiw). Sometimes it's fun to just fuck around and do something silly and as long as everyone is putting effort into making the experience work, I don't really see the harm in it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean Lucio so everyone loves me

I like feeling loved

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm the last to pick and we have 5 dps what makes you think I would want to heal for that group? If the first 5 people don't give a fuck about team comp why should I?
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I gave up on playing support all the time because team needs it. I have a much higher winrate instalocking soldier
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    Once I see an attack WM or something cheesey I just assume we as a team don't care about winning and I just practice something or play what I want. Makes it easier to get through em.

If you are at a skill level where you care about hero comps, then you are already pretty high on the ladder and better than a lot of players ever will be. And, chances are, you got there by playing a very limited pool of heroes (maybe even a single hero) and playing them well.

The same goes for every other player on your team.

There are heroes which are inherently better at taking advantage of the disorganized nature of a PuG game. These are heroes that are very mobile and can deliver high enough burst to get pickoffs before anyone else has a chance to react, then dip back out to safety. The point is, having an ideal comp is not as important as being able to exploit/account for the common mistakes that are done by the other players in your skill bracket.

In the end, games like Overwatch are meant to be played with other players who are on the same page as you are. If that is not an option for you, consider that sacrificing your own fun and effectiveness for the sake of random strangers is rarely a winning strategy. So, you may want to start honing your ability to play the heroes mentioned in the OP, and disregard anyone who is being rude since they are probably nearing the point of burn out anyway while you, on the other hand, are just getting started.
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2017-02-10 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    If I'm the last to pick and we have 5 dps what makes you think I would want to heal for that group? If the first 5 people don't give a fuck about team comp why should I?
    And even when I do fill in the need for a decent comp even though I don't particularly want to, it has its limits. I'm sorry if I don't find "I loaded and clicked my hero faster" to be a particularly compelling rationale after a game or two. If other people are doing the same for me we can talk. If not, fuck it. That's why I'm playing QP most of the time. (Though a lot of the time I bypass the whole issue and just play the random hero arcade.)
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Once I see an attack WM or something cheesey I just assume we as a team don't care about winning and I just practice something or play what I want. Makes it easier to get through em.
    Except that Widow is mostly best used on attack. I don't get how this complaint keeps going.

Anyhow, I play a big enough pool of heroes that I'm usually willing and able to someone that'll work better. I just get really pissed off when I switch off a hero to be more useful for the Comp and someone else immediately switches to them. I'm like 'if I was finding this useless, why do you think you'll have it any better?'
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-02-10 at 08:48 AM.

The irony, of course, being that WM usually has an easier time on attack as she can hang back while her team pushes forwards, taking out things heading for her team. But hay, you bitch out that WM and do you!

I have higher win rate as attack widow than def widow. /feelsbadman

7+ Year Old Account
    actually, widow is a better attacking hero than defensive...

just give people a chance, if it really doesnt work then tell them to switch.
    but completely losing hope during the hero select, is if not the main reason why you lose in the first place.

Formerly known as Arafal

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind widow on my team if shes the only sniper but when we already have a hanzo and ana it quickly becomes a problem because there aren't enough bodies on the point.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

This is going to be a problem in pretty much any team-based game you play... ever, especially ones that have random matchmaking. If it's that much of a problem for you I suppose your best option is to never play those games without entirely premade groups. If swapping characters yourself isn't enough to compensate, you've just got to deal with it. Some people may 1) Not care enough to swap, or 2) Not understand the game well enough to know they need to. I'm sure a majority of them would rather just play the character they enjoy the most, regardless of what the team needs.

When something like this happens, have you ever tried to communicate to the person why whatever they're paying isn't optimal and explain why [insert other] would be a better choice? I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that just don't fully understand, and I'm sure there are just as many that would be willing to contribute by swapping if asked/explained calmly and in a friendly manner.

I only ever really play Overwatch (minus arena) with two friends, and out of the 3 of us, we always rotate the support role so we always have at least one healer on our team, i think we're one of those rare breeds that choose our hero based on what our current team have already chosen.

No tank? one of us will go tank.
    No healer? one of us will go healer.

You get the idea.

But in arenas, i don't mind people playing what they want, not what the team needs, if i want team compositions I'll go into rated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdoll View Post
    The irony, of course, being that WM usually has an easier time on attack as she can hang back while her team pushes forwards, taking out things heading for her team. But hay, you bitch out that WM and do you!
    Who says I bitch out anyone? I trust people to know what they're good at, attack WM was just a good example of something commonly picked regardless of circumstance and usually in my experience turns out to be a poor player. There have been times where I've seen attack WM dominate almost by themselves, unfortunately when that happens I tend to be on the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarmful View Post
    Nobody choses healer, even though we need one. I got half my playtime as Zen, despite I main defense – just out of necessity, since our group will fail, if we don’t have any support.

But, we NEED a soldier every game, a genji, a tracer aaaand a McCree – yeees we do, even on defense. But healers and tanks are to necessary to win. Even the last pick avoids spport, despite being late at selecting.

People are mindless sheeps. Not you guys reading of course, but everyone else.
    So stop hitting that button that finds you random people to play with? It does what it is designed to do, find random players. Random players means you get random behavior, random skill and random attitudes. It isn't a 'best of the best' button. Find a group to play with that plays the way you like them to play. Stop blaming the game and fix the problem on your end.

Part of being a mindless sheep is being the kind of person who wants to complain about how things are but doesn't do anything to fix the problem themselves.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Honestly, in QP who cares. I generally don't care when people pick what they want, I don't generally care about leaves, or if we have a offensive team with 5 widows and a toblerone but holy flying fuck competitive is flooded with fucking morons. I usually try to do what I can to always complete a good team comp in competitive. Not enough dps? I go pharah or soldier depending. No tanks? I'll probably play rein. No heals? Lucio or mercy. Etc. I play competitive to play seriously, but so many people completely ruin it.