Thread: Using banish

Deleted

Using banish

Hi, got a question during a myth+ yesterday which I couldn't answer, and i really didn't wanna try it out cause of we were short of time.
    Does banish on an npc not in combat, causes aggro and puts you in combat? Like if you banish a dude surrounded by 2 others, will they be aggroed?
    Or does it work like DHs crowd Control for demons?

Thanks

Deleted
    Yes, banish pulls linked mobs, and yes, banish puts you in combat the the banished mob will attack you when it comes out.

Edit: However, it is an incredibly powerful cc because it is unbreakable and prevents the mob from getting bolstering stacks
    Last edited by mmoc93c1e7e232; 2017-03-08 at 10:40 AM.

Deleted
    because warlocks are never useless enough !

Deleted
    Its one of the strongest CC abilities in the game. However, it will pull. Its best used in mythic + when things get out of control

If you banish a NPC who is not in combat, he will stay out of combat after the banish fades until you attack him.
    If you banish a NPC whos standing in a group of other NPC's, everything will stay out of combat until you attack a member of the group, which will aggro the banished one too.
    Banished NPC's have the same aggro radius as unbanished, you can't use it like sap or sheep.
    Banished NPC's won't get the "Bolstering" Buff, even if in range.

Banish does not pull, it used to when you played Aff but that was fixed with 7.1

For example, you can banish the instant detection demons in Suramar City, walk right through them and unbanish them, without blowing your cover or being put in combat.
    Last edited by Walrock; 2017-03-08 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    If you banish a NPC who is not in combat, he will stay out of combat after the banish fades until you attack him.
    If you banish a NPC whos standing in a group of other NPC's, everything will stay out of combat until you attack a member of the group, which will aggro the banished one too.
    Banished NPC's have the same aggro radius as unbanished, you can't use it like sap or sheep.

Banish does not pull, it used to when you played Aff but that was fixed with 7.1

For example, you can banish the instant detection demons in Suramar City, walk right through them and unbanish them, without blowing your cover or being put in combat.
    I'm pretty sure that I have pulled in m+ when banishing and that it was NOT a face pull (because range of banish is really short). Will have to test that. Could have been the Aff bug.

Deleted
    Nah, it aggroes.

Banished things in Arcway and then had the entire pack aggro and come at us afterwards.

No it doesn't, I farmed Arcway more than enough, it did pre 7.1, no it no longer aggroes.
    Same behaviour for outdoor mobs, pre 7.1 the Suramar City Demons aggroed when i banished them, now they now longer do.

We banish the adds in chronomatics room on mythic to make the trash easier and it doesnt pull when you banish out of combat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Nah, it aggroes.

Banished things in Arcway and then had the entire pack aggro and come at us afterwards.
    Like Walrock said, banish is not a CC : "Banished NPC's have the same aggro radius as unbanished, you can't use it like sap or sheep."

It pulled because you got close to the banished add.
    You took the aggro when going next to it, but it couldn't attack until the end of the banish (which is a strange behavior).

Deleted

You are wrong, banish does put you in combat the only spec they fixed this issue for was affliction (havent tested if they even fixed it for that)

Banish only pulls when it breaks if you were in the mobs aggro range. You can use it on the 2nd Elemental in Darkheart Thicket right before the Dragon boss to avoid pulling it. Just make sure it's patted all the way to the left.

Deleted
    Banish has flag "Generates no threat", so using Banish generates no threat, and thus, does not put you in combat.

edit: It's enough to just use this spell to see if you get aggro or not, but if you don't play warlock, there is an evident flag "Generates no threat" on sites like WoWDB, finally there is even an official blue post about it. And we still see people saying opposite:
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Yes, banish pulls linked mobs, and yes, banish puts you in combat
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    it will pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    it aggroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post
    banish does put you in combat
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Banish only pulls when it breaks
    This is one of those moments, when I am out of words.
    Last edited by mmoc062059e061; 2017-03-11 at 07:08 AM.

I can't speak for affliction but as Demo, banish still pulls the target into combat with you

Armory^

Deleted
    It's still very useful for bolstering tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Kee View Post
    Banish has flag "Generates no threat", so using Banish generates no threat, and thus, does not put you in combat.

edit: It's enough to just use this spell to see if you get aggro or not, but if you don't play warlock, there is an evident flag "Generates no threat" on sites like WoWDB, finally there is even an official blue post about it. And we still see people saying opposite:

Me too considering you only read half of the first sentence of my response.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kee View Post

Okay let me correct; banish doesn't put you in combat, yet if you move to close to the banished mob you will aggro it when it breaks. This is where I think the spell loses it usefulness.

You can use Banish to nullify bolstering on dangerous enemies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post
    Okay let me correct; banish doesn't put you in combat, yet if you move to close to the banished mob you will aggro it when it breaks. This is where I think the spell loses it usefulness.
    Yes, exactly!