Deleted

Struggling with mythic Chronomatic Anomaly

Hey folks!
    First of all, I wanted to thank you for all the information you shared with us in this Forum, you guys helped me and my guildmates a lot since the release of the Emerald Nightmare so we managed to clear 7/7 before the Nighthold opened its gates.

The Nighthold however, makes us struggle a lot.

We're kind of frustrated with our 2/10 mythic progress so far and we wiped >100 times since we first killed Anomaly a few weeks ago and we just can't kill it again.

I read a lot about cheese kills within 3 addwaves in 5 minutes or less but it seems like it's impossible for our guild. Our only kill was a few seconds away from enrage (~6:30ish) with everybody alive so I believe it was a really lucky try. In the following ~100 tries we reached enrage just a few times (maybe 5-10) and on every other try we mostly wiped or lost too many people at the 3rd Addwave. I think we mostly failed with PO in combination with other mechanics (orbs, bursts, time bombs, etc) and sometimes could not kill the add quickly enough so PO stacks went too high on wave 3.

These are the logs of our last Nighthold Raid on Warcraftlogs:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/Jpg1YHK2dNtG7Mr8#view=analytical&boss=1865&difficulty=5&wipes=1

It seems like we're failing a lot on Temporal Orbs
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/Jpg1YHK2dNtG7Mr8#view=analytical&boss=1865&difficulty=5&wipes=1&type=damage-taken&ability=205707

and Burst of Times
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/Jpg1YHK2dNtG7Mr8#view=analytical&boss=1865&difficulty=5&wipes=1&type=damage-taken&ability=206612

Also our raid DPS seems to be really low as we died of enrage 6:49 into the fight on try 11 and 7:02 on try 14.

I'm really curious if our raid DPS is okay or if it is just not enough to kill the boss cleanly. Maybe there's an issue with our strat or something but I can't see what we're doing wrong here (other than orbfails ofc )

Thanks to everybody who's eager to help us with Anomaly, I really appreciate this.
    Btw this is our firstkill a few weeks ago for anyone who's interested: warcraftlogs.com/reports/anQrGByNb4xhzYJt#fight=23
    Last edited by mmoc0d00d0d43b; 2017-03-09 at 04:04 AM.

Oh jeeze...

We're a 1 day a week guild and we just got our first kill so by no means am I an expert, but you could use our logs to compare and contrast. We're roughly the same ilvl.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/YfkPNxwpFD3TWyKR#fight=14&type=summary

First thing I notice is that on your best attempts all your deaths are due to not killing adds fast enough. Deaths from power overwhelming I assume are from not being able to stop the boss from casting it since an add wasn't dead, and there is a lot of deaths from the adds casts that can be interrupted. I assume they weren't interrupted because the adds weren't killed fast enough after they crossed the health threshold.

If you fix that problem, and don't lose people for those reasons you should kill it. Having said that you are still taking too much damage from time bomb.

However, your dps and heals look to be on the low side which doesn't make things easier. If you clean it up the fight won't drag on as long and the numbers will generally be better.

If you're pushing 8 stacks at the beginning and get the boss under 70% before you stop the power overwhelming pulses you should be on track. We were constantly pushing him under 65% at that point for comparison.
    Last edited by Probably; 2017-03-09 at 10:39 PM.

Deleted
    Hey there!
    Not getting a rekill sucks. We just got our Kill last week, and rekilled this week, with pretty comparable ilvl. I took a look at your Try 22.
    The first death you suffered was at 4:33 (and then quite a few followed quickly), up to this point it looks relatively on track, compared to our rekill. So even though you might not have the best damage ever, you should be able to kill him within 3 add waves. After that, the fight becomes really annoying ^^

When the 3rd Add wave spawns, we all stack under the left add, just our paladin tank moves to the right one and interupts it best he can.
    We interupt the 5th Power Overwhelming as soon as possible, after that it's fast time again. We then DON'T move towards the other add, but burn the last 20% down while still stacking on the left side. The boss will do his Power Overwhelming again, but all the Healing CDs should be up again, and the boss will die before the raid does.
    It might also reduce your deaths around the 4:30 mark, since the players won't have to relocate and dodge at the same time as they have to right now.

Also, maybe talk to your healers if you can go a bit higher on the Power Overwhelming stacks after the 1st set. 3-4 Stacks should be managable, and will give you extra time.

Last but certainly not least - all of your players should double pot (especially DPS). Fixing rotation problems might not work right away, but not drinking pots is just lazy.

Deleted
    Thanks to both of you you for your insights!

I checked some of the deaths caused by time bombs and it seems like people with time bombs are dying early inside the camp because they recieve a large amount of avoidable damage caused by red and blue orbs in addition to the usual mechanics. If such a player dies his time bomb explodes immediately which is really bad if he's still in the camp. So I think being extra careful with orbs while carrying a time bomb will help us a lot.

As far as I know we already have an interrupt rotation but it might be an issue that we didn't kill the adds fast enough after they reached 30%.

We will also again try to kill it within 3 add waves but it seems to be a very close call because the anomaly usually has about 34% HP left at the time the 3rd add wave spawns compared to your 25% HP.

I'm also curious about the 30% dmg boost temporal smash gives to you. Are you paying special attention to it or do you play as usual? Like are you ignoring Adds for quite some time to use the buff or do you have a few players assigned to focus the boss while the rest is focusing the adds for its duration? We usually go for the adds as soon as they spawn regardless if the boost is still up.

Btw we're going for it again on sunday so I'll tell you guys if we were able to finally rekill it

Deleted
    We were at 28% when the 3rd add wave spawned in our rekill, so you're not that far off.
    Also, our 3rd wave spawns a bit later, at roughly 3:55, while yours is already there at 3:37. Getting to 3 or 4 Stacks at Power Overwhelming 2-4 will probably help with that.

And not to harp on things: you really need to address your damage differences in the guild. Ofc especially the DHs jump out at you with one being top of the meters, one at the bottom and one in between. As far as I can tell the one on top doesn't even have the best legendarys out of the three of them. Yes, others are having dps troubles as well, but having one guy in the guild so far ahead should really help the others to improve, by comparing logs or talking with each other.
    Right now you're far too dependent on a few players to carry your DPS, which is never a good spot to be in as a guild.

Good luck with your rekill!

Two things I noticed, You're 5 healing which is going to be more demanding of your dpsers if you can manage to 4 heal you'll get it easy. If 4 healing isn't an option then have your resto shaman solo heal the first 30 seconds, its pretty easy to do especially if they run echo of the elements for double stream totem.

Another simple thing is to have your sham keep a shock rolling and use free meatballs whenever possible. It helps to push the damage required down a touch for everyone else and doesn't impact healing much.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Two things I noticed, You're 5 healing which is going to be more demanding of your dpsers if you can manage to 4 heal you'll get it easy. If 4 healing isn't an option then have your resto shaman solo heal the first 30 seconds, its pretty easy to do especially if they run echo of the elements for double stream totem.

Another simple thing is to have your sham keep a shock rolling and use free meatballs whenever possible. It helps to push the damage required down a touch for everyone else and doesn't impact healing much.
    This is only an issue if you are wiping at that 8% mark, which you guys did, 3 times. Literally 4 heal 1 dps is a kill then, so strat must be "ok"

I think we were splitting 50/50 for first two set of adds, then the whole raid went Left (oR Right) for the 3rd add and while someone interrupted ?... follow by killing 1 4th add and burning from there.

I notice your paladin and shaman aren't really healing the time bomb which is a problem. the druid is healed it the most yet is the worse class at doing so. make sure you stress them to spam heals on it, use mana pots / ley torrent if it because an issue later on, u can even innervate the paladin to take of them even quicker.

for power overwhelming. we try to get the whole raid stack by the 3rd tic, and by tic 5 (DBM tells yea what number tick you are one) we went

Tranq (PO #5)
    AM (6)
    Spirit Link + Commanding Shout (7)
    Darkness (Thrown in)
    and our final Tranq to top everyone off as we break on 8.

You can have some decent survivability if you have two warriors with commanding shout as that 15% HP is HUGE.

Dodging the Orbs should be easy but even my guild is too dumb to do it. The trick is to stand right in the middle (look at the art in the ground) go up, then move over 3 or so steps left or right and you will dodge the second. The first orb is completely dodgeable and i believe the 2nd is pretty damn easy too if people stop fucking around.

Considering you have 5 healers, I would have the druid perhaps going inner peace (i dont do this but we did try early on) to make up for some raid healing during those tough spots and having the extra commanding shout if available.

That's about all i can say for tips right now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilemma90 View Post
    I notice your paladin and shaman aren't really healing the time bomb which is a problem.
    Our shaman is solo-healing a single tank / interrupting 2nd add most of the time so I guess his lower heal on time release targets is okay. If I look at all wipes the absorbed healing is split relatively even and I don't think it's an issue since we usually wipe at add 3.1.

Still I think you guys are right that we have a dps issue. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the 30% dps boost after temporal smash. Is there any way to make a good use of it?

At the end I think we'll try bursting the Boss down at the 3rd add wave ignoring any other adds that spawn while keeping special attention to time bomb targets who should not pop early and if it doesn't work we might try 4-healing it but i doubt it'll work since people always die on random mechanics.

I notice your paladin and shaman aren't really healing the time bomb which is a problem. the druid is healed it the most yet is the worse class at doing so. make sure you stress them to spam heals on it, use mana pots / ley torrent if it because an issue later on, u can even innervate the paladin to take of them even quicker.
    How are you seeing this in the logs?

Quote Originally Posted by Archaea3 View Post
    How are you seeing this in the logs?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ulty=5&wipes=1 highlight the healing bars. it shows what they r healing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by obbag View Post
    Our shaman is solo-healing a single tank / interrupting 2nd add most of the time so I guess his lower heal on time release targets is okay. If I look at all wipes the absorbed healing is split relatively even and I don't think it's an issue since we usually wipe at add 3.1.

Still I think you guys are right that we have a dps issue. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the 30% dps boost after temporal smash. Is there any way to make a good use of it?

At the end I think we'll try bursting the Boss down at the 3rd add wave ignoring any other adds that spawn while keeping special attention to time bomb targets who should not pop early and if it doesn't work we might try 4-healing it but i doubt it'll work since people always die on random mechanics.
    I couldnt figure out how the temporal smash work, if it was a raid wide buff after dropping or grabbing the orb or during PO.

Idk i read the spell plently of times and it wasnt clear to me

Thanks! Do you (or anyone) know a way to see the time release debuff uptimes and who healed those?

Quote Originally Posted by Archaea3 View Post
    Thanks! Do you (or anyone) know a way to see the time release debuff uptimes and who healed those?
    i believe this is uptime. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=206617

idk if i can see who heal each individual but if i did link you to "ALL WIPES" and you can see percentage, this way you can tell who all night did the mechinac adn whose ignoring it.

or u can compare other guilds uptime as reference, would have to look more into logs or ask someone else, not an expert

Deleted
    I couldnt figure out how the temporal smash work, if it was a raid wide buff after dropping or grabbing the orb or during PO.

Idk i read the spell plently of times and it wasnt clear to me
    It's a debuff called "Temporal Smash" the Anomaly gets after it gets reactivated by the tanks:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/Jpg1YHK2dNtG7Mr8#view=analytical&type=auras&boss=1865&difficulty=5&wipes=1&%20hostility=1& spells=debuffs&hostility=1&ability=222283

(There might be a space between "...20hostility=1& spells..." you have to remove in order to display the logs correctly)

And if you click on "absorbed healing" you can see who healed time release:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/Jpg1YHK2dNtG7Mr8#view=analytical&type=healing&boss=1865&difficulty=5&wipes=1&options=2048
    Last edited by mmoc0d00d0d43b; 2017-03-11 at 09:52 AM.

Deleted
    We finally killed it again.

4-healing and bursting the boss in add phase 3 after killing one of the two adds that spawn helped us a lot.
    It was also very important for the time bomb targets in phase 3 to dodge every incoming temporal orb and burst of time. We had no trouble healing fails in the other phases but in p3 they must be super careful to stay alive because it's most likely a wipe if the time bomb targets soak 1-2 orbs or bursts and die inside the camp. That actually happened a few seconds before we killed it, you can see that in the replay. The best time for us to use the second pot was in the 2nd fast phase. There you have 20-30 seconds to dps the Boss without paying attention to Adds.

This is the log: warcraftlogs.com/reports/4nCZjabrt1mzPcq3#fight=10

Thanks for the help everybody and I hope this thread will be helpful for other guilds who struggle with the anomaly
    Last edited by mmoc0d00d0d43b; 2017-03-13 at 05:22 PM.