Deleted

Player rating based on wracraflogs!

Hi all,

first of all sry for my retard wroten english. I would ask for Your help. In mmo-champion IMO It is the most high end game players.

I am just wonder how guild officer in Your guilds or guild where You apply rating players by warcraftlogs.

Several assumptions for future rated player.

- he s got friend rank in TOP 3 server guild so he is casual player, that only touch HC alt run with well geard alts core raider's. Or go for some pugs, and everyone know's how the pug's can be.

- he had 20/25 lower gear than raiders. 15 lower triats on weapon and many, many less encounter s fights

- in this case sure thing thta logs cannot be superb

What do you recommend for those player,who wannt to switch friend/casual rank for trial/raider meber in top3 server guilds. Or apply to new guild but still from top 3.

I feel that okey warcraft logs is very high valuable source of information, but i also feel that ppl trsuted only for logs. And the not take anything else in rating players.

Deleted
    You should not rate Players just with the Rankings, as you said the Group, traits and esp legendarys have a huge influence.

Depending on the Encounter you could check for e.g. how the Player handled certain mechanics, avoidable dmg taken, dmg done to prio Targets etc.? Which should give you a rough idea if the Player understands the fight and Plays it correct.

Just give him a shot in a testraid and judge afterwards is imho the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaapek View Post
    - he had 20/25 lower gear than raiders. 15 lower triats on weapon and many, many less encounter s fights

- in this case sure thing thta logs cannot be superb

I feel that okey warcraft logs is very high valuable source of information, but i also feel that ppl trsuted only for logs. And the not take anything else in rating players.
    There are many things you can look for in the logs other than ranks, such as ability usage, cooldown usage, buffs/debuffs uptimes etc.
    There are also rankings for your ilvl bracket, if you just want a quick look on whether or not the player can press his buttons regardless of gear level.

That being said, I'm afraid that a player who is 15 artifact traits behind at this point doesn't have the level of commitment needed to play in a server first guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    That being said, I'm afraid that a player who is 15 artifact traits behind at this point doesn't have the level of commitment needed to play in a server first guild.
    totally agree -> but he can give some kind of condition. for example you ve got one week to put it missing 15 traits.

I highly doubt that any guild that's working on last 3 bosses would ever take someone with a 39 MS weapon.

Good logs is the strongest first impression one can make in an application.

The easiest would be to pug some heroic Krosus and Star Augur fights, flask, food, pre-pot, and do the best you can on single target.

If it's a top guild they know how to read logs, and set their performance in relation to their gear.

If you are talking specifically about the ranking (the single percentage relative to their itemlevel) you get on wowprogress, especially for trivial content like normal and also heroic now, that's pretty much pointless to regard now as people cheese ratings (by single healing or overbuffing a single player).
    But that just leads back to my first point.

That being said, a player as you described lacks the commitment to join a raid group as you described.