Deleted

Lightbulb SUF ( Shadowed Unit Frames ) Export Collection

I am embarking on a small project to collect export strings (pastebin links etc) for building a gallery of themed/modified Shadowed Unit Frames exclusively.

This is an appeal to the modders and tinkerers... please reply to this thread with either pastebin (or alternative) link or attachment containing the full SUF export string. If you are like me you probably have a few exports saved due to constantly modifying and evolving your setup.

Don't worry about screenshots (unless you have the time or desire to submit them) I will make them if you don't.

Additional details about the design are welcomed but I will be testing them all and giving descriptions to them.

I'll edit this thread with the gallery link once I have a few replies as I dislike first posts with web links.. it feels spammy/fishy.

** If your design is only a very minor derivation from the default SUF layout, it's probably not worthwhile **
    ** Please submit export resolution so I can replicate accurately **

Thank you for reading, please consider sharing your beautiful layouts with all the SUF fans.

A site like https://wago.io/ would be the best way to approach that, should there be sufficient demand.
    But I am not sure that demand exists any more.
    Maybe pre-Tuk/Elv it might have, but I don't think it does now.

Appeal to those running that site perhaps, as that would be a better platform for the sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Love your UI enthusiasm and I love SUF. I love how they are so plastic, in that you can really make them look like anything. I've spent many hours configuring them, even making custom tags etc I just got back into them after years after seeing that list floating around of addons that are best for your FPS...
    BUT!
    -there's only so much you can do with them (unlike WA)
    -they're not really modular (unlike WA)
    -The expertise cap for diddling with SUF is pretty low. Custom lua requires expertise and time, which greatly benefits sharing. SUF OTOH is simply sharing taste, and through a very narrow lens at that. There is a huge gulf between Weakauras and everything else (TellMeWhen - ahhh maybe) I think even Vuhdo on WAGO is a stretch and the numbers reflect this AFAIK. SUF exports are incredibly personal and IMHO not really universal enough to merit sharing.
    With all due respect, I think interest in this would be minimal.
    But hey, follow your passion, as they say. Maybe I am wrong. I also said Trump would never win and Brexit would never happen. The world is your oyster. In this bizarro year maybe you can kick start a SUF string share craze
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2017-03-21 at 02:20 PM.

I love SUF. It's compact and clean. Maybe simple, but it's seamless. Wishing there were more strings out there. lol You have my endorsement