Poll: Will you let your kids play wow?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Will you let your kids play wow?

I understand most players are teenagers but this game is 13 years old now. Consider there are 2-3 more expansions left in wow (4-6 more years). You can have teenager kids approaching wow playing age.
    As a parent, will you let your kids play wow?

edit:
    If there are parent players (weird combination tbh) browsing this thread, are your kids showing any interests in wow? Bliz may be doing everything they can to advertising hearthstone to new generation but it should know wow's like cigarettes, most of us are attached for life!
    Last edited by kejer; 2017-03-09 at 08:45 PM.

I might casually bring it up in conversation like "when I was nine years old I started playing WoW".
    Up to them really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Deleted
    Sure, why not. I don't think they would like it very much though. The leveling phase from 1-100 is in a horrible state. I would expect them to lose interest in such a trivial experience after a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchbringer View Post
    Sure, why not. I don't think they would like it very much though. The leveling phase from 1-100 is in a horrible state. I would expect them to lose interest in such a trivial experience after a couple of hours.
    Well isn't it up to them to decide if they enjoy it or not? Their opinion not yours.

No, for as long as I can stop them, they won't be playing any MMO's because they suck up so much time and i'd rather my kids be out playing with friends or learning other things. When they get to 16+ and I can no longer tell them what to do, do as they please then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well isn't it up to them to decide if they enjoy it or not? Their opinion not yours.
    Uhm, yes? That's why I said I would let them play it, but THINK that they won't like it and EXPECT them to lose interest. What are you on about? You seem to think I said things I didn't actually say.

Online gaming is a cesspit in many ways. So sure eventually they might play online games, but I wouldn't let them until they were teenagers. You an already see these awful people in the 18 to 22 range that have grown up playing online games especially the pvp based ones that are just amazingly toxic pricks. When you are surrounded by shitty people doing shitty things daily you start to think it is okay to want to make somebody cry or be horrible to others to be funny. That isn't anything I would ever let anybody in my family become.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    If I had kids, no.

I wouldn't let em behind a machine until a late age.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Online gaming is a cesspit in many ways. So sure eventually they might play online games, but I wouldn't let them until they were teenagers. You an already see these awful people in the 18 to 22 range that have grown up playing online games especially the pvp based ones that are just amazingly toxic pricks. When you are surrounded by shitty people doing shitty things daily you start to think it is okay to want to make somebody cry or be horrible to others to be funny. That isn't anything I would ever let anybody in my family become.
    Right, because there weren't obnoxious pricks who would do this sort of thing prior to online gaming.

To answer OP, yes. When my child is old enough if she wants to play WoW or another online game, I'd let her. I'd actually prefer her playing WoW over other online games because it would make it easier for me to keep tabs on the sort of people she is playing with than if she is playing a game I do not also play.

I think I'll help them get hooked on heroine instead. Cheaper and much less dangerous to their health.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchbringer View Post
    you can just transfer some alts you have to them you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wet Red Sword View Post
    I think I'll help them get hooked on heroine instead. Cheaper and much less dangerous to their health.
    seriously, wow is THAT bad in your opinion?

Addiction to female heroes is indeed a serious problem.

Or did you mean heroin?

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    seriously, wow is THAT bad in your opinion?
    Well. I guess heroine is at least cheaper. Maybe more harmful to your health, but at least with heroine, you won't suffer as long.

Yes, but Id try my best to take some time to play with them. Of course, Id make sure that they were not playing too much and that the game was not getting ahead of school/irl friends andfriendsId alzo encourage them to play the game in english instead of my native language, since gaming was one of the primary ways I learned it. Only thing that would worry me is the people...dont know how confoetable Id be with some of the attitudes people have in the game. But hey, is not like they could be sheltered from jerks forever.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    Right, because there weren't obnoxious pricks who would do this sort of thing prior to online gaming.

To answer OP, yes. When my child is old enough if she wants to play WoW or another online game, I'd let her. I'd actually prefer her playing WoW over other online games because it would make it easier for me to keep tabs on the sort of people she is playing with than if she is playing a game I do not also play.
    I didn't say online games invented idiots. They just give younger people the impression being one is an okay thing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Addiction to female heroes is indeed a serious problem.

Or did you mean heroin?
    Books are pretty damn cheap, the tough part will be finding strong female lead characters.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    "pvp based ones" = LoL and Dota? We played wow and it didn't turn us into pricks (loose use of the word we and us ). How bad could it be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. I guess heroine is at least cheaper. Maybe more harmful to your health, but at least with heroine, you won't suffer as long.
    Lolno
    Opiod addiction is a Fucking horrific process.

Up to them. I would never be selfish and deny them something that has brought a lot of good times to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    If there are parent players (weird combination tbh) browsing this thread, are your kids showing any interests with wow?
    Nothing weird about it, my generation was the first generation of gamers. Being a parent hasn't changed that. But in answer to your question, my daughter enjoys messing around in the starting areas, levels to about 20 or so and gets bored. That being said, I am just fine with her having little interest in an online game because I much prefer for her to have a real social life than a virtual one.

It's really hard to say. In 10 years time when both my sons are in their teens I don't know what society will be like or even the gaming industry as a whole.
    I'd be comfortable with offline gaming more because I know the idiots out there and I am quite thick skinned when it comes to them, witty to when I can be interested in belittling them but it's not a trait I can really make them learn or inherit.

I'm on the fence till they are more grown.