Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gtx 1080 ti instantly sold out everywhere?

So at 10 PST nvidia announces the 1080 ti on sale on twitter.... And on their website it instantly goes from "notify me when this product is available" to sold out.

So then I take a trip to best buy where an employee informs me its sold out of every best buy in the state... Within 15 minutes of release.

This is ridiculous. How is a consumer supposed to be able to purchase a product with all the employees prepurchasing these things to sell on eBay at triple mark up?
    Last edited by haxedagain; 2017-03-10 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can buy from other places than Best Buy or one website.

Besides, this is the most expensive card, they don't mass produce these like they do the lower tier stuff.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I've been on a dozen store sites... All sold out.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2we011rh100053

Found one. *edit* jk, it says out of stock when you add it to the cart.

Btw... http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/...dia/gtx1080ti/ Learn to love it. It's helped me with a couple purchases. It doesn't seem very accurate right now though...
    Last edited by grandpab; 2017-03-10 at 07:21 PM.

Do you Americans actually pay $699 for this card or is there more fees applied when you buy? A 1080 ti costs $940 in Sweden

That is all we would pay. We don't have the crazy value added taxes like the more socialized european countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Do you Americans actually pay $699 for this card or is there more fees applied when you buy? A 1080 ti costs $940 in Sweden
    Well we would have sales tax, but generally speaking yes we pay the $699 price. For me with sales tax the total would be ~$750.

10+ Year Old Account
    There were a few on newegg that weren't backordered 30 min ago. I even put one in my cart and got to the point of ordering. When I look now, it looks like it's sold out.

Literally the time spent posting about it lost the opportunity.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I put one in my cart but was too slow to purchase. None of the small hardware stores around here can afford to purchase $700 parts that may or may not sell so its only the big companies... And they all sell out to internal vultures who are looking to score big on ebay.

Frankly I would wait for the models with the third party coolers.

Like with the Titan X pascal, the cooler is the weak link with the card.

Well if the launch of the 1080 is anything to go by, by the time you do get one, the next one is almost announced (slight exaggeration but still it took me 6+ weeks to find a 1080 and not even the one I originally wanted which was still not in stock) so good luck on those 3rd party ones.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This literally happens with every new half-decent graphics card. Please don't be surprised. :P There will be a more consistent supply within a couple months.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I just view it as the guinea pig stage. Others will buy the product first, meaning when I can finally get my hands on it there will have been work put into fixing shit that might be wrong! :3

Not that I shall pretend that I'll be able to justify spending the cash needed for the 1080 ti... I'll settle for a 1070!

You basically have to sit there refreshing the screen waiting for them to become available because that's what the people who do get them do.

There's still plenty available here, although I suspect they'll be sold out by the end of the day, at the bargain Aussie price of $1150. I'm waiting for a 3rd party one.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're all mine! Muahaha.

Jk. Came 1 click from buying a few just to see if I could but I didn't go through with it. Waiting on better cards, mainly because I use a 144hz BenQ XL2411Z and it doesn't have DisplayPort so I have to wait for the DVI port versions, lol. But the card also runs in the mid 80's so I definitely wouldn't mind the better coolers. I just hope they don't go nuts with the pricing and they actually announce when they're putting them up.

Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    They're all mine! Muahaha.

Jk. Came 1 click from buying a few just to see if I could but I didn't go through with it. Waiting on better cards, mainly because I use a 144hz BenQ XL2411Z and it doesn't have DisplayPort so I have to wait for the DVI port versions, lol. But the card also runs in the mid 80's so I definitely wouldn't mind the better coolers. I just hope they don't go nuts with the pricing and they actually announce when they're putting them up.

They won't go nuts with the pricing. Some will actually be cheaper than FE editions and the truly top notch will be $100-200 more.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    marketing 101: limit supply to make it seem there is a lot of demand.

"damn this product is sold out everywhere and there is no way they would only sent like 10 to major stores so everybody must want this bad!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    You can get it here for 1600 USD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    marketing 101: limit supply to make it seem there is a lot of demand.

"damn this product is sold out everywhere and there is no way they would only sent like 10 to major stores so everybody must want this bad!"
    Every GPU round I think surely people will have learned by now...

Nope.

Either:

A) People are new and don't believe the people who have seen this literally EVERY OTHER RELEASE. lol

B) People forget things... easily.
    "A flower.

@DeltrusDisc I'm surpirsed amazon and newegg havent marked up the price $200 like they did last time for the 1080 until demand went down. Same old stuff nothing new going on here as you said
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |