Poll: Which last boss raid do you think was the hardest?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Cause I'm sure you killed it that exact moment
    Its been known forever that he was killed within like a day and Muru was the same after their nerfs
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally speaking this should be broken down by tier/difficulty of raids and raid size/era.

During BC I think just about anyone is going to say KT was the most difficult at item level raid boss. I'd say it was the most difficult 25 man I did, at level.

For LFR (I know, such a qualifier.) but I'm going to say Lei Shen was the biggest pain in the butt LFR boss ever designed. I don't think I was part of a group that did it in less than 3 wipes. Even if I was it was probably with a guild of heroic raiders slumming on LFR for trinkets.

I suppose this is great message board fodder that isn't a flame war .

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Bosses have been getting progressively harder every expansion tbh. Even if bosses like LK, Ragnaros and Lei Shen (25HC ofc) were extremely hard for their time, and are still up there today, bosses like Blackhand and Archimonde made anything that came before look like a walk in the park, and Gul'Dan is no pushover either.
    Xavius disagrees

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Havn't killed all of them when they were current, but out of those I did Garrosh was the hardest for me.
    My 25 man guild had to go 10 man for that fight just to narrow down the composition to the best players out of the roster. Only then did we manage to get him down.
    Orly Garrosh ? I thought he was quiet easy compared to blackfuse and klaxxi.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    For LFR (I know, such a qualifier.) but I'm going to say Lei Shen was the biggest pain in the butt LFR boss ever designed. I don't think I was part of a group that did it in less than 3 wipes. Even if I was it was probably with a guild of heroic raiders slumming on LFR for trinkets.

I suppose this is great message board fodder that isn't a flame war .
    Lei Shen was mean, after the first wipe i spend 30 min. to makeup a tactic for the LFR group and after that he died but that was the only time i did that boss in LFR ^^.
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2017-03-14 at 11:14 PM.

I'm not doubting it was difficult or the hardest of all time, but what made Rag so tough in Heroic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    Yep this sounds right. He was true raid buster.
    Not unkillable, just very unforgiving and punishing. There were maybe 2-3 guilds who got him before for initial nerf and then a few hundre guilds. It wasn't until the WotLK Pre patch nerf that he was a joke.

About half of the bosses in Vanilla Naxx was overall significantly more difficult to beat than any on that list except KT'.
    So all in all KT by far the hardest, no comparison.

How difficult an encounter is can be seen best by %'age that kills it while its current.

But there are many factors combined that makes out the overall difficulty.
    The factor of 40man raids was so big that it overpower most silly arguments for anything else alone.

But also in vanilla (and tbc) the difficulty didnt reset between raids.

So the Vanilla (tiered) raiding model was like :

Molten core T1 - (todays normal raids)
    Blackwing Lair T2 - (todays heroic raids)
    Naxxramas T3 -(todays mythic raids)

(Ahn'Qiraji T2.5 was ofcourse in between BWL and Naxx in difficulty aswell)

So this tiered raiding model said that by design, Naxxramas should be very hard.
    No raid has ever been designed to be so difficult since Sunwell, due to the big political changes at Blizzard between expansions.
    TBC reduced from 40man. Wrath introduced 10man. Cataclysm LFR. MoP Flex. WoD Pug-finder. This goes on and on in the details.

The accessability factor is also quite big in the total difficulty package.

Some of these original Rag/c'thun/LK points, their difficulty was just lack of testing so it would be better to call them bugged.
    It usually got fixed very rapidly when the top guilds reported their issues.
    Last edited by epLe; 2017-03-15 at 10:39 PM.

From the ones I did manage to experience while they were current, I would have to say Ragnaros (killed it on the week of the 5% health nerf).

Overall? Yogg.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    I'm not doubting it was difficult or the hardest of all time, but what made Rag so tough in Heroic?
    Speaking from a 25-man perspective:

It had a VERY tight DPS check in Phase 3 (you generally didn't want to go to Phase 4 with more than 1 meteor up). Most guilds that killed Rag early ended up 2 or 3 healing the fight to make sure they could make the DPS check. You had to do enough damage while dodging hammer smashes and world in flames (another somewhat unforgiving mechanic back then).

Underhealing the fight was easier than having to deal with 2 meteors on the final phase, trust me.

It was also a really heavy coordination check in earlier phases, in P2 someone not stacked together during seeds was probably a wipe.

No Four Horsemen in the poll = no vote.

By far the hardest encounter. Kel'thuzad is not even close to them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lei Shen killed my old guild

Personally fought goes to Lei Shen 25H. 10 was a joke, but 25 took my guild a good 350 attempts, though most were due to idiots.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Kael'Thas. TBC had the Problem that most Bosses were Cockblocked (Vashj) or too easy (Illidan) that it was never really that competetive.

My vote is for pre-nerf C'thun
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Not an end boss but I've thought M'uru was pretty hard.

Wasnt LK25h not killed legitly by anyone until it was nerfed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JWUPiVRQ9s

Yeah, Horseman was easier than mythic kargath.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post

Well, this poll specifies "Last boss", that means you have to include all the mandatory kills to get to the boss aswell.
    So to actually kill KT you had to overcome 4h, as a part of the same "difficulty".

But yes, original 4 Horsemen is the fight that required the most challenging micro management ever.

Definitely a toss up between Yogg0 and Ragnaros

I only did heroic/mythic level raiding from BC to Cata so I can't speak for anything after Deathwing (fuck Dragon Soul)

Although for non-mythic endbosses Imperator Mar'gok was pretty tight. Love that fight.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

You wasnt killing Rag HC without the right aoe comp.